Another Carnivore Thread

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1062

Starting the New Year Right :cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat:

I would have rather gotten fattier beef but for $4.99 on sale I’ll eat New York steaks.

I don’t know who she is but damn, even Shawn Baker was blown away! She quit her regular job because she makes more in steakhouse eating competitions.

I don’t know why this guy’s picture is there, he’s not in the 3 minute video.

Happy Carnivore New Year To All :cowboy_hat_face:

Happy New Year!

For me, almost that’s it. I barely have any meat left and that’s either pretty tasteless (not fatty fish. I only like fatty fish. but it’s not farmed, animal, it has protein, it’s easily edible… so it seemed a good idea to buy it. it wasn’t expensive, at least) or not the type I eat much of (smoked pork but that’s a tiny piece too. it’s very very tasty though). I can get more smoked pork in a few days but no staple. So until the usual farm announce something (they very often have chicken and it sounds good to me right now. there’s beef almost every month), I… Actually, no idea what I will do. I doubt I will go back to my old keto or off-keto low-carb. I just couldn’t enjoy the food and I really need very low-carb anyway.
I will survive the next weeks somehow, it won’t be bad. I do some more carnivore days for sure, much eggs, some dairy, little meat (or I buy some better fish. we will go to the city next week, these local village shops have so little options, I almost never shop there) and then I probably do some very low-carb keto for a little while. I will eat meat at a relative soon, such things help too, we usually get meat to bring home as well. Long-term carnivore never was my goal anyway but it sounds way more realistic than before (but I don’t really need to be that strict, very low-carb is my priority). I tolerate and typically enjoy eating some meat every day, I don’t get it, a year ago some meat every month was challenging enough and a few months ago I still ate meat only once or twice a month, it just became easy. That sudden disinterest in vegetables then plants was weird and I still don’t particularly want them and I don’t even feel I need them (I had problems without enough vegetables and even some fruits on keto before).
Next time I will order so much more meat… :smiley: And then I will have a longer trial. Definitely with my beloved flavorful cheeses this time, in moderation as always.
I could use more farms for fresh meat nearby, my freezer is tiny as I already mentioned a few times and the available meat on the farm is limited too. I still just try out things, I never even ate rooster or beef heart before and I am careful with ribs too and in general, with beef. I did some good stuff with it but it’s not my favorite meat for sure, I couldn’t eat it often and in big amount. I need more variety, time, maybe recipes.

I am sure even these few days (and the previous several weeks) made some difference, I don’t know how much yet. And it was quite interesting, I never did anything like this before, not even close. Even my pretty meaty (for me) childhood was filled with vegetarian lunches and the meat was usually the kind I didn’t like very much. On the other hand, I adored vegetables. Except most green leafy ones and a few others. And loved fruits, I bought this house mostly because it had a nice view and a nice fruit garden, the rest wasn’t right (we don’t even have a walnut tree and that’s quite basic here. I always wanted a BIG walnut tree and i only have two tiny ones, they don’t even grow, the tiny sticks just sprout leaves every year). But I wanted to move from a freezing hellhole (a house that was impossible to keep warm even spending very much money on heating).
Sometimes I almost expect I will wake up from this surreal dream.

I do things quickly enough, I don’t really mind I don’t have an abundance of meat (a little bit more would be nice though) and I’m looking forward to see how I behave and feel on a very low-carb but not carnivore keto after these days (and the next few carnivore ones in my near future).

I am choosy even with my meat but yep, I would like meat on stick or something.
I watched a video about interesting street and other fast food items lately. I felt quite sick in the end, sugar with sugar with sugar in many times, there was meat too but not carnivore of course though if I can enjoy meat alone, surely many people could do it (and I don’t mind if they add a pickle or two too but there should be a nice piece of meat without some annoying sauce or glaze or breading. (Once I was in some festival and there were fried turkey legs. Once.)
My SO visited China once for a month, there was pineapple on stick but no fish or other meat (if it’s animal, it’s meat to me) on stick as far as I know, we talked about food there a lot, it was exciting to me. And the bread and the jerky had a lot of sugar… Most people wants carbs with their food, I understand they are the target but that’s still too much.
Let’s hope the future will be a tad better.

Maybe this was one of those strangely wonderful, what comes around goes around things for some good deed you’ve done lately. :wink:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1066

Watch out for eating disorders.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1067

A New Years Eve Tale

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/full-metal-keto-next-steps-and-progress-thread/89541/1055

:cowboy_hat_face:

happy new year and heading home from the beach this morning.

when I hit the house a giant ribeye will be eaten LOL
I can’t take this crap food on the road. ugh

So looking forward to some quiet home time and concentrate on good carnivore and thrive.

Carnivore heals! We all got this and will continue to receive wonderful benefits from this way of eating.

Carnivore Rock On!!

(mole person) #1069

I’m sorry @Shinita that it’s taken me this long to reply. I’ve been with family over the holidays and travelling a lot.

All of the above. I often eat two meals even when I’m only really hungry for one. I also often keep eating past satiation. This later one is better on carnivore though partly because it feels more awful and so I’m avoiding it more easily. When I overeat meat I get a nasty overfull feeling that takes far too long to dissipate, sometimes even interfering with my sleep.

I do need to eat a lot of fat though. If I don’t I’m forced into overeating because my appetite isn’t satisfied. Without a lot of fat on carnivore I actually feel worse then I did on keto in some ways but when I eat very high ketogenic levels of fat I feel far better than on any other diet I’ve ever tried.

I think many people think fat is not as satiating as meat because they eat mostly rendered fats. Butters, oils, and liquid fats such as lard and tallow are not as satiating as solid meat fat. Rendered fats just digest too quickly to give good satiation. But solid meat fat digests very slowly.

Hello all.
This morning I had a late breakfast of pork belly, slightly cooked egg yolks (I don’t eat the whites), and some very tasty raw grass fed beef liver.
The sun is out and I think I’m going to go for a nice long walk while all the party goers are still sleeping off their overindulgence.

God bless and hope you all are well. :smile:

Oh yeah, it’s World Carnivore Month people. Those of you on the fence, now it’s your excuse to get your carnivore on for 30 days. It could change your life.

Oh it’s fine, I ask and say a lot of things here that is on mind, I am not surprised if I don’t get an answer sometimes but I am glad I got it now, thank you!

I was quite different from you in the beginning (and I don’t know what will happen later). Much fat made me queasy - but probably because more than minimal liquid fat was present. I handle solid fat way better (even if it’s rendered) but I am sensitive to my fat percents, it seems, I never stray far from my usual numbers (and that is what my fatty protein provides with a tad added fat, it’s comfortable and natural and works for now).
So rendered fat isn’t as satiating…? Maybe, I don’t know, all my preferred fatty protein has similar fat percentages as I wrote before so my experiences don’t help and I know satiation is very individual. Maybe I will make some experiments, I actually have some recipes with lean protein and added fat… I suspect I need lots of protein and calories for satiation but high-fat isn’t necessary, it’s not a firm belief because I almost always eat high-fat (did it all my life, it’s almost inavoidable) but protein is more important.

I eat without hunger and beyond simple satiation myself but my satiation is so high normally that it’s more a challenge to eat enough than too little, too much isn’t realistic.
Eggs and fatty meat always satiated me very well, that won’t change. And if I get very satiated, I can’t eat more. Carbs totally ruins this, even a modest amount, it seems, I am a different person then, that’s why I went very low-carb.

I missed what your reference was when you said this…I know it pertains to some post LOL but I just missed it I guess. Can you say more what you were thinking on it please…thanks :slight_smile:

absolutely. this is so important for so many of us.

I have to be an abstainer. I can’t moderate one carb in my body literally, 1 maybe from junky stuff LOL but if I get into that just about total 8-12g range of carbs, my body is a whole new master, total puppet and it is all about the carbs. It can get very hairy for me then. Thru trial and error I learned this about me and now listen, before I fought it like a warrior going to battle against the carbs, I learned you can’t win at all. It is best to learn what works for you and needs to work, and work with that the best way we can!!

(Ashley) #1075

So I’m full carnivore for a few weeks now, but also getting back to the IDM protocol. Alternate day fasting to feasting. I haven’t done with carnivore, I have with keto though! So hoping it’s sustainable and I don’t under eat on feasting days!

just a suggestion, don’t do it yet. Seriously. Carnivore is a whole new breed of eating. You eat all your body needs at all time. Every single time you feel hungry you eat point blank. Your body is asking for this. If one limits or ‘tries to control too soon and manipulate’ the plan you can fall into bad issues real fast and you never experience what this carnivore eating is truly all about!!

hey just a suggestion LOL even keto to carnivore, you wouldn’t think it is a ‘big’ change but it truly is with its’ own needs and such to make carni work.

Even people ‘very experienced’ in some plan manipulations can feel very off trying it on a start of carnivore.

just throwing out some simple advice that has been on the zero carb eaters boards forever LOL Many need to find their true carnivore path before they can experiment a bit more. So just some friendly chat on why we should follow carni guidelines and recommendations to give it a more fair shot of what it can do for you.

(Ashley) #1077

I don’t actually feel hungry much lately though, maybe reason being I am around 70-80lbs overweight, I’ve already done idm with keto but to be fair I was mostly eating meat with a few non carnivore things but mostly meat and butter and felt fine. I’ll read into it more, but I don’t see why it would be an issue if I have so much fat anyways? And when I mean keto I mean on occasion I was eating maybe some asparagus or slight things like this but mostly I already eat only bacon and eggs for breakfast, 73-27 burger for dinner with maybe a few pieces of veggies. The full carnivore is just me cleaning up The dirty carnivore I was having for the last few months. Pretty much sauces and such and spices that might not be carnivore! But I was probably still 90% meat cheese and butter. So more so I’m just cleaning it up. I been doing dirty carnivore for quite sometime. Which I feel better doing as why I want to do cleaner carnivore.

Hey you are me LOL

I was 95% carnivore with that darn 5% of ‘sneak a bite or so of whatever crap’ or off plan extra. Steal 2 fries from my kid when eating out LOL

Thing is IF YOU ELIMINATE OUR DIRTY CARNIVORE WAYS…like I just did for myself when Cheryl started a challenge…….you will be a different person. In that you will fall into a very very natural IF…and I hate to say IF cause that means Intermittent Fasting which is a ‘real plan with an eating window’ so I just know if one goes full on carnivore and drops the dirty…it is a whole new ballgame. We will easily not eat (fasting time that comes naturally and never planned or forced). So our natural non eating times cause we are satiated and happy and full and in good body feeling means we just don’t need food BUT when the body asks for food we give it that. But when it doesn’t we don’t. It becomes a natural non-manipulated eating in our life. What carni is meant to do, as long as we don’t go too darn dirty and screw it up LOL like I was walking toward. AND you get all those benefits of IF truly…cause we mimic but we also eat when our body asks and means we give it fuel to repair/heal when it needs it.

I loved your post and just threw in some extra but you are definitely a pro at the lc game and all as I came from there also, but one thing carnivore always ask in the plan is just eat when needed. Don’t eat when not needed. Don’t do more than that. Cause if we manipulate too soon we can short the body on meat needed to handle repairs and healing more than we think, even tho we don’t know if we need it or not, the body knows, so if it says I wanna eat, give it some food when it asks kinda deal.

hope that makes sense the way I wrote it LOL

(Ashley) #1079

Even on IDM I ate if I felt I actually needed it, I wasn’t pushing the fast just to fast. I just think it’s easy for me to EF because I have a lot of body fat and tbh I don’t get hunger pangs or I need to eat right now feeling very much! I think the extra body fat takes care of my hunger needs. Usually around 40 hours my body usually says okay we are ready to eat, which is why IDM comes easy for me as it’s about 40-42 hours generally between feasting, and by that time my body really wants to feast and feast!

Cool, I like that. You are doing you in a smart way. That means a lot truly cause you know what your body wants truly when it wants it and you seem to be marching toward an even better path for you, listening to your body and doing what you need to make it work for you. I love that :slight_smile:

when hitting into carni new I tend to err on the side of what never to do coming into this for others, ‘don’t do it til you know you’ but I think you sure know you from that post LOL :slight_smile: Know thyself in true form makes a whole new path one can bob and weave thru and it seems you are there, so loving that from your post!

I am very uncertain about that now… I never thought I have to be an abstainer. I don’t go crazy just because I ate some carbs, low-carb and keto made serious changes already, I am a monster on higher-carb, that’s often not pretty.
But very low-carb is a whole new world again, I have my top satiating items without the interference of problematic ones. I wouldn’t say carbs surely cause behavior problems but they very easily may. It depends on my rules at the moment (the natural, easy ones I actually respect because they resonate with my desires). I will figure out how much is too much, a few carbs should be fine but the food item matters too and I know very well just being on keto isn’t enough.
The odd thing is that the less rules I have now, the harder things get. I suppose my default will be carnivore in the near future as well, I just won’t bother if a tiny not-carnivore item finds its way into my life. But I won’t really plan it, that wouldn’t end well. I am bad with being oh so free, I had that problem on keto, my personal carb limit isn’t low and I actually needed it in the beginning but it made me rebellious and greedy sometimes (too strict rules make me rebellious too, it’s hard to be me). If something isn’t needed, I won’t eat it just because I stopped having stricter rules.

I probably won’t desire much extra stuff but as the holiday is over, I resume my role as the family cook on workdays. I can be creative with food if I feel the need so I will manage I’m sure. My using lard instead of coconut oil almost all the time somewhat troubled my SO who hates lard for some weird reason, he voiced that a few times but he had no problem with the result (he didn’t even notice) so he starts to accept it. I have no problem with coconut oil but lard is way tastier so as long as he doesn’t complain, I use it. The amount is usually tiny.