Another Carnivore Thread

Hey @Fangs eat your damn kibble like a good drone ! How dare you question the high priests of academia and all those corporations making billions off the sick…er, I mean who only have the consumer’s best interest in mind.
Don’t question authority! Eat your kibble!..Keep telling yourself you like it!
When your health fails, take their pills (you’ve took the blue long ago one so deal with it). When you keep getting sicker and fatter remember that it’s all your fault, move more, eat less, buy more of their products, take more pills. Blame your parents because you have “bad genes”. It’s not your doctor’s fault that it’s not working he’s doing exactly what he’s programmed to do, like the good little drone he is.
Just eat your damn kibble.
Believe what the TV tells you.
Never question.

Or…

LOL, hey bob, you got an opinion on any of this? HA HA HA

you had me cracking me up!!! Ok Ok, I am too much in a carb chemical coma to not listen to you. I will eat the kibble and then drink the koolaid!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t even watch/read such things, usually but I went to shopping today and met a poster that advertized some supposedly healthy stuff, it was right before me while we packed away the fish and heavy cream we bought. “For whom?..blabla… for YOU!” (Sorry if I translate it badly.)

It was bread. Nutrients and whatnot and indeed, it has some nutrients. Almost everything has some nutrients, surely even the most poisonous mushrooms. Not like the two are similar but still. Just because something contains something essential, it isn’t automatically good.

MUST is an overused word anyway, especially in dietary recommendations. Many of these “must-eat” stuff aren’t only not needed but harmful for many people.

We live in a world for good nice consumers. Even getting sick fits this, someone should eat all that medicine too, it’s a huge business and good for economy.

You said it!! I so agree!!

It’s very obvious but many people seem not to understand it.
The other thing is “natural”. It’s natural so it’s good! Nope. There are lots of natural toxins and anti-nutrients.
And I just can’t do anything with the moderately new “low calorie (or low calorie density) == healthy” opinion…

(Mame) #1048

I have to respectfully disagree. You may not be able to overeat on carnivore but some people can. and I am one of them.

It can also be for emotional reasons or habit. Eating meat/carnivore only didn’t make this magically go away. for me I will only speak for myself not everybody.

sigh, I should bow out of this thread. LOL I have had this conversation too many times on this forum. But I get frustrated with these blanket statements. Just because something may be true for the majority does not make it true for all.

(mole person) #1049

I can easily overeat on carnivore too. All I need to do is eat either too lean or make it taste too good. Sooo easy. Using only salt as flavouring and sticking to the 2:1 fat to protein by weight ratio has stopped any overeating. But without that, initially on carnivore, I was eating way more than I needed.

yes when we were chatting about emotional vs. the physical body and stomach can only hold so much etc…I see where some say they can easily overeat. I think it was different angles of approach on what we chatted about. I get you tho!

I am really curious what will happen with me later. I am totally unable to overeat on carnivore right now (it’s my 5th day), I can’t even go near my energy need (it’s fine as I have excess fat to lose), “too good taste” has little power if I am completely satiated.That doesn’t work even on a carbier diet (but I need way more food to reach my completely satiated state there, even the barely satiated one).
But it would be interesting to try too lean. I can’t eat too lean, though, not on any diet I am able to do.
I will try more fat when I can, it wouldn’t feel nice now, that probably causes eating more as protein satiates me better. It did that on every diet I tried before. I probably massively overate for decades but I always needed very much fat for that.

How do you overeat? Bigger or more meals than usual? Eating while being already quite satiated but not completely so?
I eat a bigger meal sometimes but I can’t eat again for a long time afterwards so I still don’t eat very much.

(Edith) #1053

I cannot overeat on carnivore. I can eat until I am VERY full, but I do get the the point where I just cannot eat even one more bite. That feeling will last for many hours.

Now, I have to admit, I do miss having a snack once in a while, and sometimes I want to have a snack just because I want a snack. On carnivore. I can’t even snack unless I’m hungry and then it’s mealtime. So, too late to have a snack. :grinning:

Is that a bigger and very satiating normal food snack? I can’t imagine wanting a tiny piece of cheese or lard and not being able to eat it.
Snack is odd to me on carnivore as snack is about the same as normal food at the moment. Except ice cream, that’s a bit different. I can take a little bite while completely satiated, it’s true for a little piece of cheese too (I will eat some cheese tomorrow, 5 days without it was more than enough) but drinks work the best. I always can have a drink. My eggnog ice cream is great with coffee, well of course, it’s full with heavy cream and some egg yolk never hurts. Or the rum and spices. I relax my rules with that a bit though.

(Edith) #1055

I can’t eat dairy, so a snack for me would be pork rinds with liverwurst, some salami, or bone broth.
But on carnivore, I can’t even think of drinking bone broth if I’m not hungry.

Bone broth would be my only option from these. I can always drink a little, even fatty stuff but only if I am not queasy.

By the way, I am fine today, not even a hint of nausea, yay! (I just feel very full practically all the time.) Maybe I start to get used to this, maybe boiled eggs and cooked meat instead of fried stuff was a good idea yesterday. My fat intake didn’t went down significantly but my added fat dropped a bit and that matters to me a lot.

I never would have said this a year ago, but I agree with you, Bob, the spinach for me would be worse than the sugar for sure. We went out to dinner with another couple over Christmas week and I had the tiniest little amount of sugary orange marmalade on my cheese, from the cheese and meat appetizer tray (normally wouldn’t eat orange marmalade but tried that small bite), but wouldn’t touch the big side of spinach that came with our meals (we all ordered stuff to share, family style). But a year ago I was eating spinach like there was no tomorrow! A crazy amount of it.

(Edith) #1058

Her poem is really clever.

(Ashley) #1059

I’m Pretty much carnivore now at this point. I’m super excited though, my grandma ordered a ninja foodie and for some reason they sent her two. We checked and they didn’t charge her. So looks like I got a new ninja foodie. We also called and contacted them but got no contact back in the last week so we just figured they are not going to.

I also bought a bunch of steak to see if it works well

(Ashley) #1060

Forgot to take a pic before I ate some

very easy :slight_smile: Off to clean gmas car now as the dogs gave it a mud bath!!!

so on my trip and got myself on a ribeye steak. yum but only 1 lb.
I tell ya it wasn’t enough so while out sightseeing the family starting buying these fancy pretzel things and junk to eat and I said I am going into Outback Steakhouse and they were like, we aren’t hungry, and I am like, I am!! So I got a Philly cheesesteak and scraped it off the bread. It was good. Made me happy.

Now we won’t be eating dinner til late and I might or might not eat again. But as of right now I have a happy tummy.

Gourmet pretzels, gourmet ice cream, fudge shops, nacho places and more and no where to pop in and just some meat…like beef on a stick, or chicken on a stick. heck yea I would buy and eat LOL We need some fast food real meat places. Real meat, not those nasty fast food burgers and such HA

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU CARNIVORES!!