Another Carnivore Thread

Remember also tho putting on a few lbs. could be just what your body needs to repair itself. Gaining some weight happens to some zero carb people because it is exactly what the body does require.

but the wine. I must say I don’t do well with alcohol in my body now eating zero carb. It can easily make me gain weight. Put the body systems out of whack a bit, hold onto water, add inflammation back into the body and more. So yea, sad to say it can effect some of us poorly.

Overzealous working out. Could easily be just that?

I found this on the net: Recovering from oxalates is far more difficult as they take a lot longer to get out of your system. Something that you eat today that is high in oxalates may take up to 12 months to be excreted. The problem is that the excretion process can cause a bit of a rollercoaster ride to remission.

And maybe longer for more severe situations?

Yeah, hoping it’s oxylate or just having overdone it, or that my body is not liking the wine. My shoulders and some other joints have gotten very “poppy” recently.

best thing you can do is experiment a bit on yourself. only way you can know a few things that might improve you or ???

one thing I know for you, you will go in the best direction for yourself!!

I’m a bit of an experimenter, obviously, but I don’t like this at all. Makes me feel old and creaky.

oh hell right there with ya some days!

do we have to just give into old and creaky coming at us or are we gonna fight it tooth and nail? HA

F that! I fight like hell. :wink:

Side effect of being descended from all warrior cultures dropped out of time into a land without dragons to slay. :laughing:

Wow and I used to think I could eat…

I saw different definitions and even I have multiple ones.
Normally I consider overeating eating above our energy need (our eating may affect that, though. if I eat way over my need and my metabolism gets super quick and I use up all - genetics -, it’s still overeating for me as I wastefully eat too much. I don’t function better just because I use up more energy I normally need).
I don’t really consider it overeating if it’s for a single day, I just eat for my next day too to some extent, it works for me (I always eat for my next day, actually as my first meal is usually around 3-6pm).

But if you eat too much at once and you feel uncomfortably full, nauseous, tired, that may be considered overeating too. Or if you consume too much protein or something and it’s bad for you.

I spent much time with my beef, I will write about my thoughts and experiences (there are a lot) another time.

I never had a day anything like this before. Beef (~1.3 lbs) and barely anything else. I will be surely full for a day. I can’t imagine a greater satiation without serious negative things (I am just lazier than usual now). My stomach isn’t too full or anything, I am just extremely satiated, my hunger, appetite and eating abilities are nowhere to found until tomorrow afternoon or evening. Meat worked just like I expected. It’s as satiating for me as any other fatty protein.
I ate way over my protein need but it’s fine, I just don’t want to do this very often. It was a bit more expensive than usual day. But I wanted to try beef neck in various forms and I did.

The membrane was totally inedible but the cats didn’t think so, they loved it.

I made eggnog ice cream today. Without tasting it but that’s what my SO is for. I had meat so I didn’t miss my dairy at all today, that was yesterday when I ate 11 eggs. Eggs are great with cheese.

(Justin Jordan) #1030

Keith Baar does interesting research. This is an example, but you can google him and find interesting stuff on Youtube.

The upshot is: take about 20 grams of collagen with vitamin C about an hour before doing work for the tendon. And they see regeneration in the core, which is theoretically unchanging from your teens.

This has the advantage of being safe, cheap and easy to test, so I’m trying it.

Keith Baar had a two part podcast interview on STEM talk.

It brings up Vitamin C (in a small dose) when a tendon or ligament injury requires healing - as per the preventative notes made in your post.

Maybe a carnivore dieter that has an injury would need to supplement some Vitamin C until healed?

https://www.ihmc.us/stemtalk/episode-63/

Another day passed. I definitely didn’t wanted more beef so I focused on my eggs but basically had no desire towards anything. I still ate as much as I comfortably could. And that wasn’t much but not horribly little either.

No coffee today, yay! I never drink it without a good reason since I started.

I cooked some beef soup with the leftover beef neck and ate it. It was very nice. I still have most of the cooked meat, not flavorful but it will be good for meaty pancakes I think. I surely will try but what could possibly go wrong?

I will figure out my salt intake at some point, it was surely kind of low today. I measured out 30g Himalayan salt in the beginning but it will took several more days to use it up (of course, my ingredients contain salt as well but it’s only significant in the case of the smoked pork chuck and I barely touch that).

I feel okay. Borderline nausea, I went for boiled and deviled eggs today, fried stuff all the time, I had enough. I ate some leftover scrambled eggs, it turned out it’s nice and the fat feels better that way, in solid form. But I want to feel just right again…

I definitely thought of other foods today. Especially dairy. And what I will make on New Year’s Eve (my SO makes lentils, it’s traditional and tasty and even satiating even for me despite it’s carby. But so plain and common that I surely won’t feel the slightest temptation, it freezes well anyway). I think it’s a good idea to relax a little but not going too crazy. I have plans but I can do without, I am quite patient. I just want to take a very tiny break to feel better. But no idea what would be good for my very slightly queesy insides. I don’t desire my old plant food and my eating is controlled by appetite, usually. I don’t eat things I don’t want and I eat things I do.

I probably have my last no dairy day tomorrow, 5 days are more than enough, it’s so restricted without my cheese (despite I tend to eat tiny amounts of it) and I have a slightly aged Gouda and it’s so wonderful.

I planned a carnivore week or whatever I can do (I didn’t think I would be still this strict at this point) but it probably will be longer, I barely started and it’s not hard at all. Lack of meat is a slight problem but I do what I can. I may buy some fish and I always will have smoked pork, it’s just not for eating in bigger amounts.
I keep an eye on the Facebook page of the beef farm, last time it was 4kg meat but even my freezer has more free space and we will cook a decent amount right away. So we buy much more next time especially that I will be super quick and get everything I want, hopefully.

I’ve read about the wildly different amount of PUFA in pork. So my Hungarian farm-raised pork isn’t anything like normal pork in the USA. That sounds good but I would eat it anyway, it’s super tasty and my body doesn’t complain.
I can’t imagine eating beef often but who knows? We have just started to make dishes with it and some of them turned out very well. Frying such a chewy meat is tricky and not even needed but we still made progress.

My shoulders have been doing better the last couple of days. Since I did several things at once I’m not sure what the fix was. I think I just ramped up daily pushups too fast but can’t be sure. The right one is still a bit crackly but it’s the one I had the partial tear in a few years ago.

Also, on the dairy front, I figured out that standard dairy could be a problem for me so I’ve switched to goat. So far so good with goat cheese and today I tried goat milk kefir for the first time.

Hope all are well.

This was interesting. Unfortunately the author doesn’t bother to say this is seriously toxic, evil SH*$ that should never be put into a human body!
How could anyone think cottonseed oil fit for consumption I’ll never know.

being poisoned slowly for profit. very sad truly.

The apricot tree is bursting. Fruttivore wife went to pick one and 3 more fell off the branch. I might have eaten 5 of them. So delicious and still had skin warmed by sun. Intestinal gurgles now. Wife has a lot to get through.

Is it unethical to share the seasonal abundance with neighbours and friends? (i.e. fruit needs to be picked now - some will make glucose laden preserves or fruit leather) It feels akin to regifting Christmas chocolates (evil doing).

Maybe it’s best for a ketocarnivore, when presented with a food conundrum like this, to ferment it?

A true carnivore would collect the excess and feed it to a pig. Pork is a great way to process and store fruit for later consumption as meat. (I don’t have a pig, or a share in a pig to achieve this aim this year).

I never even heard about cottonseed oil before… As I searched for it in Hungarian, it seems it’s not well-liked though of course, some people find it okay as it’s true for every oil.
Despite very fatty pork is traditional here, lard is considered bad, together with other animal fats. Vegetarianism is somewhat popular in Hungary though the average person find them weird and often stupid/crazy, almost all our traditional not dessert food has lots of meat, usually chicken or pork, I only know goulash that uses beef and another dish that uses various fishes. Keto is not popular, paleo is, I think I wrote about it already. There are probably still lots of Hungarian raw vegan blogs but I don’t know a single keto one (only one that has keto recipes as well, the creator has many health problems and did keto for a while but ended up with something else). It’s a bit odd to me, raw veganism is super extreme. I made raw vegan dishes, they were nice with an insanely low satiation effect (and I made the fattiest, least carby ones except for quick desserts). So I consider them tiny snacks. Raw vegan dishes came back to my diet for a while when I started keto and couldn’t really eat normal vegetable dishes as they couldn’t fit into my 30-40g net carbs limit. I came a long way.

Why would it be unethical? It’s a nice idea. I can’t do that as all my neighbors have lots of fruit trees. Wait, I don’t even have neighbors who actually live here…
I shared my apricots with relatives :slight_smile:

(Jack Bennett) #1039

I remember one of my dad’s old health-nutrition books from the 80s had an injunction against cottonseed oil, describing it as a “toxic waste byproduct of cotton production”. I always checked labels after that, and have never knowingly bought products with cottonseed oil on the label.

Fortunately, it seems like the only foods that include it are cheap roasted nuts and (strangely) cheap sardines. The good sardines are packed in water or olive oil.

I don’t remember the specific book - might have been Adele Davis, or it might have been one of the standard “lower your fat, eat whole grains” books from Rodale Press in the 80s.

(Adele Davis is one of those nutritionists who also turned out to be right in quite a few ways. Not perfect, but she promoted organ meats and real foods, and criticized refined grains and sugars. Atkins cites her as an influence.)

got any enemies around? heehee
people you want to stay in a high glucose induced brain fog maybe?
HAHA

40 Things You Must Do to Lose Weight in 2020

So I turn on my 'puter and this pops up. Great timing for the new year I believe HA

It says hit this link to find the 40 things you must do.
So I hit it…eat these 40 things to be the best person you can be!!

wow, hey I like that :slight_smile:

ONLY PROTEIN LISTED in all this was eat salmon. Eat some eggs. Eat beans for protein. Everything else…37 foods to eat to lose weight was veggies and spices like add fresh ginger to a veggie, or add apple cider vinegar to your water.

omg. the info being posted out there is just horrifying to no end! truly.
but it is what it is. I see this stuff and growl a bit tho :slight_smile: Just a big old heavy sigh from all those who are gonna try to make changes and get hit with this bullshit on the internet that sucks ya in and makes ya fail. ugh. Just wanna spew this out there, lol.