Another Carnivore Thread

your initial thread to chat as you see fit. I back you a million percent in what you want to say. But if we tangle a bit in any of it…lol…it will be super short cause for me personally, I ain’t going there with you ever.
Carnivores Rock!! We eat the same but might have diff. views, I respect that always!

So you gave 0 bother to a rebuttal I posted with a link?
You concluded right off the bat to give no other thoughts or science facts or theory to any of what I posted.

therefore there is nothing to chat about at this stage for me with you.

Thing is I get that ‘you do you’ and won’t fathom other facts and science, you are not interested. Others might what more than your decidedly limited knowledge of where you deem yourself to be in fact and stop there…there is more to life than ‘just this’ as we all know LOL…there is alot of carnivore info out there to be learned by all and if you won’t bother, then why should I? but always remember this is a hardcore carnivore thread and other info will be checked as a carnivore viewpoint which we hold dear.

But if one does not want to learn more than the carnivorer side has no choice but to say…whatever. Go do your own thing, which is cool, but still useless to chat truly thru a carnivore style of eating in a carnivore category.

The only reason a carnivore ‘’‘overeats’’’ as thought of in very old terms and not needed on a carnivore lifestyle is that that their body is screaming for nutrition. Underfed thru all the useless tricks/tips employed and plant toxins and sugar they ingest infesting their body. They eat all they want to correct this. Not a concept any can learn unless you truly read about carnivore and why and science behind it which I think at this point you are unwilling to do. Info is on this board easily to read.

Again if one does not do carnivore or learn about the truth as we do it then one can only make the assumptions they are fine with whether it be true or false as a whole, for all. And it is never that way. Your wants and eating style will never equal a true carnivore experience.

I get it. Truly. One does fine where they are at. Doing a bit of this plan and that and feel they have all they need…and they easily can!!! That is true to me also. I get this concept. But some want more and require it!

But never think a carnivore will ever concede that if you never do the plan in length of time and gain benefits and more from this plan that the ‘truth for you’ is the truth in all. It isn’t ever.

Do the plan, learn and then speak of what a carnivore goes thru to find the benefits that others can’t even fathom.

I said before this is a carnivore thread. Chat of all kind is welcome but I will never not hold the true carnivore experience and those wanting this lifestyle to take this carnivore knowledge off point.

It is all cool to me tho in that ‘you feel, you think, you know’ what is right for you but you think and feel will never be a true carnivore walk. You can’t cause you never came here.

never a throwdown, I love your posts :slight_smile: but in the end if you do carnivore and experience it in its’ strength then we got true chat. Other stuff if fluff to debate over and over as it happens all the time for those not sure on carnivore eating. Eat it, live it long term and chat it out is key. Want to be here and learn. You aren’t there at all and again, it is FINE, you do you. But carnivore info and experience will shine thru on a carnivore thread. It has too be that way.

(Davy) #984

That old saying, “much of what you KNOW to be true…is NOT true.” may apply to the latter part of this thread.
As I was walking away from the grocery store this morning, I recalled thinking that many times in the past, seeing someone in the checkout line loaded with a basket full of red meat, “that poor zombie. All that red meat is going to give them a heart attack/stroke and they’ll die before they’re 72.” That was a month ago…now i’m walking to my truck with 11 lbs of boneless pork, T-bones, and some smoky mesquite pork shoulder.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #985

Not picking on you here Fangs, I do this myself everyday here on the forum in my mind. I just stop bothering to respond when I feel like that too.

I really feel for Shinita, she’s at an edge being carnivore curious without any apparent means from several angles to even attempt it. She’s obviously been bitten by the carnivore bug but local food supply and economics keep it beyond her reach. She’s truly eating in survival mode and doing her best to make it work.

Being that the vibe of this thread is tolerant to carnivore curious as well as long time practitioners is something that has kept me here and this thread is officially my favorite place to look for discussion of various semi unrelated carnivore topics and experiences and a place to learn and discuss ideas. I don’t know if that was the original intention but that’s what it feels like so things do get bumpy at times and we can all cling to ideas we hold onto until we don’t… If it’s truly a discussion. My ideas and knowledge continue to evolve on this journey with a healthy dose of experimentation and learning about my own body’s particular needs best served along the way. :cowboy_hat_face:

Another Thought :thinking:

Carnivore condiment ideas?

• Anchovy Butter

• Blue Cheese and Bacon Butter

• Carnivore Blue Cheese Dressing

• Thai Fish Sauce

• Dried Shrimp Powder

• Reduced Meat Drippings Demi-Glacé

• Butter Chicken Liver Pâté

• Butter or Bacon Carnivore Mayo (maybe?)

Just some ideas off the top of my head to liven up things and stay 100% clean carnivore. Thoughts? :man_cook:t3:

Love this.

what we know to be true can easily change as we opt to read and grow.

but a lot of this is thru faith of what we read ‘out there’ and where do we decide in the end to put our loyalty? I so understand that.

but eating the carnivore way must be experienced as on plan, all the time. It isn’t a ‘go in and out’ of plan. As we know with other plan people. Low kcal/low fat. Hold it strong, results come. LC, hold it strong to suit you, results come. Keto plan of macros and more others follow, hold plan and results come. Carnivore is no different.

Choose your poison and if it works best for that person then run with it…I never have trouble with that ever! But if you can’t walk the walk of what you are chatting about then where does any experience happen? It just doesn’t.

I love that about you Davy…from all your posts you are questioning, finding, chatting, seeing what will suit you and the beliefs in eating as you want to follow. That is all one can do for themselves!! Cool beans on that HA

True, smart and thoughtful post.

for me if you can’t go there to read the why and what and why we do this science facts when they are available, then does one really want it? At some point the true finding of the info one might need always falls on that one. So is it wrong to not have someone help themselves if they want to go this way?

And I agree, I love the want of carnivore but not sure how to go about it but one must walk towards it. I was one of them :slight_smile: No joke, like bob said before, I thought it was literally batshit crazy but I did the work, research, put in the time to learn and heck even then I wasn’t convinced til I saw more info and more info which brought me here.

But yes being too strict on chat can hurt some and I get that truly. But at what point does one ‘truly read’ and ‘wonder’ what is being addressed to them or it falls on deaf ears? heck I don’t know LOL
I had many a day with deaf ears of it all :slight_smile: til I put in the work to see which way I needed to go.

ALL THOSE condiments you listed are fine. In that as long as you don’t feel icky or sicky after eating, yea you can jack up some carnivore foods with them.

Remember, some scallions in a dressing made carnivore is just a condiment. It is not a meal. A meal is all the food you truly eat on carnivore. In other words you can’t eat 1 lb. of scallions and call it dinner…haha…but using some flavor from scallions to jack up a dressing in carnivore style is fine.
(A PURIST would never touch this, but a regular old carnivore might allow it IF THEY feel fine eating it)

It is important that we are human…lol…we require taste change sometimes. That is why every now and then I eat my ribeye steak with a 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic for a ‘taste change’. Cause I want it and a 1/4 teaspoon never effects me ever in a bad way.

A condiment if not eaten as a ‘real meal’ will be allowed by many carnivores who require it as a way to stay on plan and make us happy to continue long term eating like this. Purist won’t touch it tho. AND BOTH ARE OK.

I never mean to be fierce or being heartless in what it takes to change our eating ways.

But this is carnivore.

Carnivore science will prevail. I won’t pretend in any way that carnivore does not have a rhythm, a concept, a guideline and science facts and true person experiences on plan with benefits and true changes people experience.

But if info is listed, info is on this carnivore board to read and one won’t…then at some point it can’t go further is all I am saying.

NOW I LOVE ALL OF YA point blank :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I ain’t joking on that. I love the diversity but if one can’t chat ‘carnivore and why and what ifs’ AFTER reading real carnivore info than what purpose is any of this? Read and learn carnivore ways and chat comes easily and flows naturally. Never bother on the why and ifs and what nots of carnivore eating and giving it no further want of knowledge, why go further in chat? I don’t see the point if one won’t read more and give some effort in their personal change they may want.

And I am not saying this directly at anyone here at all. We are all in our own path on changing. But a general blanket of learn for ourselves in what we chat and discuss has to come from each of us in knowledge we learn and grow and challenge.

Just go to the keto board and eat keto and chat keto. Cause if you don’t eat carnivore you are keto, or low carb or whatever plan you make. I GET THAT. I am cool with everyone always needing what suits them, where they find solace and support thru the body and eating. It is a good thing :slight_smile:

but I can’t for me personally not address non-carnivore myths to infect a carnivore thread. It must be defended as the plan and beliefs and science facts as they are. Cause to us carnivores it is a reality we hold dear.

So I am cool guys and I hope everyone else is just that!! I know I go overzealous on it all but I live and die by this plan. It helped me so much, I just wish others could benefit, but some must also find they want to come here and stay here, if not there are tons of threads addressing other plans if that is what they require. Good plans to suit them also! Many good ways to go out there.

I don’t even think my case has much to do with it. People overeat on carnivore - I never will experience it myself, I just read about it and it sounds believable, people aren’t perfect enough to eat ideally in every cases, not on any diet.
And I don’t think I need experience to know energy exists, it’s common science. Whatever.

Why don’t I attempt this? Or you mean, real carnivore, long term and lots of meat? Because I totally eat carnivore, meaning no plants except spice now. 2 days but still, I started :smiley:
I don’t want to be a carnivore and I am very pleased with my food, I just have some problems with getting enough meat from farms right now. Of course, my current way can’t be too long term but it’s not like I live on eggs alone, it was just one day - and I ended up eating some meat in the end and tomorrow will be very different. Problems happen later when I run out of my beef. But my goals are different from most people here and I am patient and do what I can. Maybe I won’t even be able to meat every day and should figure out something else, who knows? In the past, I couldn’t eat meat every month! I came a long way. It’s an interesting experience.
I don’t know about my future but I guess keeping my carbs low enough will be enough for me. But that’s a must, I can’t go back to my old keto ways, I know I can have something better. It was just a nice idea to start that with a short carnivore trial and lose some addictions. I couldn’t do keto with 20g net carbs let alone less, carnivore and almost carnivore is way easier than that so I start with that. I am curious anyway, I started with eliminating everything I can, plants (except tea, spices and sometimes coffee), dairy… It’s a good starting point, I usually have useful experiences after a few days when I change my diet, sometimes on the very first day. I surely won’t have regrets and it’s not like I have many options now, I badly need very low carb.

My knowledge is little but there are a few things I am quite sure about. Like, people are very different. We barely can say anything about people in general. Carnivore isn’t good for everyone, carbs aren’t bad for everyone, it’s quite obvious to me. Bad = it is noticeable, I don’t care if a diet is bad for me according to some people but I thrive on it for several decades and never notice a problem.
I know some experiences of people, I find it interesting to learn about them. Even years before I knew people are able to eat on meat alone just like they can live on plants alone. There are just too many experiences but I never will try either. Should I don’t talk about that? :smiley: That would be silly, life would be so empty if everyone would talk only about their very own personal experiences… Most of my knowledge about life is something I’ve read, it’s true for everyone.
It’s not like I try to talk about carnivore in general, I focused on very special cases. They surely exists almost because there are so many people and I know they are extremely different. And I’ve read about such cases. Even if one knows lots of general things and have decades of own experiences, they can’t say something is impossible if there isn’t some nature law or common fact of the human body that makes it impossible. And I saw nothing like that, no scientific facts about it, nothing. Just some personal belief and experience. If I experience something for ages, someone else may have it differently…
It’s not Chemistry or something, I surely won’t talk about that as I have no idea about it. I absolutely can’t understand many articles because of it, my intelligence is useless there. But it’s fine, I don’t need that to make good choices about my own diet and I even can share some of my knowledge about other, interestingly functioning people :slight_smile: That’s fun, I always loved special cases. And disliked excessive generalization, those are usually wrong.
(Sorry I wrote these all to you, I don’t think it has any use to reply to Fangs, I actually don’t even get the problem… I am quite confused. And quite sure about my comments, of course, what I wrote seems very obvious to me and it has not much to do with personal experience… Whatever.)

I can’t stop but it’s more like a rhetorical question, it’s obvious since long it is useless to try to talk about it.

What if I overeat on carnivore tomorrow (my definition. I eat way too many calories for me)? It’s quite obvious it’s possible then, at least in the beginning, once, this type of carnivore and so on so it’s weak, that’s why it’s good some people experienced they could do it long term so I don’t need to try that. There are things possible for others and not for me anyway. Experiences are important even if those aren’t our own. But I know people are odd, some people say facts that aren’t true according to many experiences. We don’t even need science to see that though it can explain it. But science may explain general things and some people just doesn’t work that way, certain things aren’t that simple, even how our body functions. There are some facts true for everyone, maybe except some extremely odd cases but if it’s about eating, it’s not that simple.The worst is satiation, I don’t know what scientists say about it that is true for practically everyone, I guess nothing considering how extremely different we people are regarding this very topic. Hunger, appetite, satiation, those are extremely individual. People clearly function differently on the very same diet. Actual eating even more different. It doesn’t matter how wonderfully our body works, some little mental problem still can ruin things. And many people has more or less severe mental problems regarding eating, it’s really a quite known fact, isn’t it. People actually ate a ton of meat in one sitting, I don’t talk about 2 or 4 lbs, of course. It’s physically possible for certain people and many people feel some odd compulsion to eat, no matter what their bodies feels. Some people can feel PAIN and keep eating. And it sounds mental enough not to get immediately solved by the magic of carnivore diet. Especially that we heard about such cases.

Yep, it’s my style, using whatever I’ve read as personal experiences (belief is needed for scientific articles as well, at least my people skills are better…), wondering about things and sometimes even extrapolations, I am aware that is not a sure thing but I don’t think I used much of that in this case.
I don’t even think there is knowledge about each and every special case to be found… So I don’t get what I should research. But it’s fine if I am ignored, I just wrote what I am quite sure about (and sometimes what I guess but I always clearly show I am not sure. I often do that even if I am sure, I learned it’s hard to say something is 100% true).

In this topic, I see obviously wrong things. Like carbs are toxic, it really doesn’t seem so, many people truly thrives on lots of carbs, after all. Our body learned to handle that. Well, mine has their own ideas about it, whatever. Our sensitivity is highly different, life is like that.
Not like I want to avoid consuming toxins. I won’t stop drinking alcohol in moderation… My body handles toxins all the time, I just try to do my best to keep the level quite low. So if it complains, I realize it was too much and try to change things.
First of all, I listen to my body. I don’t care very much about scientific articles when I make my choices. It’s useless to eat in a way that obviously harms me and it’s sometimes hard to figure out what’s good and bad. I am curious and I read about such things too (just no chemistry if possible), I’ve read about carnivore ages ago as well (just out of cuiosity) and it was great to understand a few things that made sense. I even use some of this knowledge but in the end, it’s up to my own, individual body. If it find keto horrible, I don’t do it. When it find it great, I do it. I had both in my life, not everyone can jump into their final destination diet. It’s a very long journey for me but I doubt I have many options left at this point. I almost never noticed my body had anything against plants. It was always carbs. We have all different experiences about these things and it’s very interesting :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #991

I have 100% over eaten on carnivore. I dare anyone who has ever gone to a Brazilian steakhouse to say they haven’t overeaten. ‘Nuff said lol

(mole person) #992

There are loads of carnivores out there still struggling with their weight. The only way to imagine that you can’t overeat on carnivore is by starting with the definition that it is impossible.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #993

Here’s a controversial question to mull over, I know maybe my response has changed.

For someone who’s eating ZC what’s worse of a slip up, eating a spoon of white sugar or spinach of equal carb value? :thinking:

Maybe a different answer from the KETO perspective! :joy::joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

I actually think the spinach is worse. The body is going to immediately try to rid itself of the sugar toxin but the spinach not only has some carbs but also high ox and other plant toxins, too.

(Daisy) #995

For me it is 100% sugar. Spinach will upset my stomach for a couple hours at most. Sugar will affect me for a bare minimum of a week, potentially much, much longer.

Why to delete texts if I just write more? Oh well.
I totally wanted to write a short comment about it, I don’t think it’s a problem it has nothing to do with true zerocarbers, it’s interesting to me what people think about such things but if someone has a problem with it, don’t read.

If I put things into order, most vegetables are in an earlier group and sugar is in the last one. It’s quite personal and even cronological, I cut sugar out waaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier (I didn’t even cut out vegetables, actually, I just eat extremely little now, as spice). I understand sugar is just some pure carb but I never had problems with vegetables except due to their carb content as far as I know. I always disliked spinach though but it’s my taste.
I do feel pure quick carbs effect me more, in a negative way of course so I avoid sugar more. My body handles tiny amounts of problematic substances but a little sugar shock (or how should I call that) is usually noticeable. And sugar is so useless, it has nothing just some carb but even though it has energy, it enervates me and makes me hungry, stupid thing.

I wouldn’t want to eat either thing, for sure. So much spinach, I probably didn’t eat that amount in my last decade and it was me trying to eat it despite I almost never do such things but it has magnesium I badly needed (no idea about absorption though, these things tend to be so vague and as I couldn’t eat spinach anyway, I researched it very little. I researched oily seeds, in vain.)

Sugar harms my teeth more, that is a factor too. Bad teeth are worse than even slight carb poisoning and I have more than enough experience with both.

But if it’s a single time, it matters very little. Unless one goes for ZC without break for long.

Even if someone is a true zerocarber, they have their own sensitivities, opinions so the answer is probably different and there aren’t only two of them.

@Shinita Yes, I’ve overeaten on carnivore. Beware of Canadian bacon, lol.

I have overeaten on carnivore as well. My body lets me know quickly.
Tonight I had a few bites left, not enough to bother saving and I didn’t want it to go to waste…so I foolishly kept eating even after my body gave me the “All Done Here” signal. Yeah, that was stupid and I felt like :poop: very quickly.

I’ve also learned that adding lots of fat just because I like it is not a good idea. When I go past the amount of fat my body wants it lets me know.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #999

@Shinita The point of the spinach or sugar question was just to bring up how carnivore and keto can be at odds. Spinach is a KETO staple for many. I agree with Bob’s assessment that the spinach is worse because of the anti nutrients. @Ketodaisy had the opposite view because apparently she’s hypersensitive to sugar. Shinita gets hungry from it.

In an amount like 10g sugar doesn’t have any lasting effects or cause uncontrollable cravings for me like it does for some. It’s a highly processed plant drug but the anti nutrients are removed. I don’t even see that amount as a toxin, it will be quickly used as fuel and ketosis will probably go on unaffected. There’s a lot of other things worse for you, like spinach from a Carnivore’s perspective. :cowboy_hat_face:

I am careful with fat myself. The nausea on the first day warned me. I probably just need some time to get used to eating fatty protein without all the things I used to balance those out (first of all, raw vegetables. I used less and less in the last years but using none at all, while I enjoy it and feel no desire for vegetables, feels weird). But it’s way better today! Eating lard with salt is a thing again :smiley: I am cautious but if I fancy it, why not to eat a little? And I get slightly hungry, I just need to wait a lot for it and my meals are small. They never were small, I didn’t go this low on my craziest OMAD days and those were shockingly tiny meals in my world.
I ate enough today using a very big eating window (unusual for me) so I don’t worry about undereating now. I need to be careful in the beginning, low calorie never ended well and it would mean low protein too and that is not acceptable at all. My hunger and satiation isn’t always reliable when I change something this drastically, I need time. My body has very fixed ideas about how much I must eat minimum and I better respect that. I can get away with one low-calorie day but that’s all.

I’m observing a number of people who find the carnivore diet does not suit their current physiology move across to the Paleo Ketogenic Diet (PKD) to seek healing.