Another Carnivore Thread

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #641

You’re right, though. I’ve noticed the majority of the action is in the carnivore threads lately. I don’t know what’s happening either. I’ve dubbed it the Carniwars. :rofl:

I have a feeling after the holidays when a bunch of new folk join hoping to make dietary changes, you guys will be safe again because everyone else will be inundated with newbie questions.

Ha! Love it! I’m gonna have to steal that one!

In all honesty, though, I understand the freaking out over carnivore.
I have to remind myself periodically that when I started keto I thought carnivores were batshit crazy. :laughing:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #644

:rofl::rofl: Yeah, kind of like, “Okay, I gave up literally all of the good food I loved to eat to do keto, now you want me to give up the freaking vegetables??” I hear ya, I think it sounds crazy, but I also read the science behind it and while I’m not sold that everyone should do it, I think many people are living more comfortable lives because of it, so that’s great!

I have times I am super heavy on the meat for days on end, almost no veg, but then I get an almost undeniable urge to eat heads of lettuce and anything green and veggies don’t hurt me, I feel good on them, so I count myself very lucky.

(Ashley) #645

I think that may be from an imbalance. I read somewhere ( I am not sure where) that women crave salads and veggies due to some sort of imbalance!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #646

I’m sure, Ashley, you’re probably right. Sometimes dirt smells good to me, like good enough to eat. Sometimes I buy fried chicken breasts and tear the breading and meat off so I can eat the little bones. (I have blood cancer and think it has to do with iron deficiency but if I supplement I’ll never poop again until the end of time. I’ll die constipated.)

(Ashley) #647

Makes sense! I’d rather be able to poop too lol!

I want to laugh at your last comment but having recently become aware of the situation I can’t seem to. As always, words of encouragement from a stranger hundreds of miles away aren’t worth much, I wish they were. You seem like a really cool lady and even if it isn’t your thing I’ll be praying for you anyway.

(Ashley) #649

Good thing is she’s a very strong lady!

You are in my prayers too. I hear you about iron supplements, a major ugh! That said, I’ve found that using cast iron helps me. I bought a cast iron (not covered in enamel) tea pot to heat my water in. There is also a liquid iron supplement (Spatone) that isn’t too bad although even that messed up my bowels.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #651

Aw, thanks guys, I appreciate the support!! And Bob, please laugh. Laughter is the best medicine.

Yes ma’am!
I usually laugh at myself more than anything, though.

As for support, you certainly have it. Wish I could do more.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #653

I like this forum a lot. It’s a great stress reliever for me so just being part of the site is a great contribution. Reading about other people helps put things into perspective.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #654

:raising_hand_man:t3: :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #655

Hey we all need a cause, mine is saving end stage vegans! :grin: :cowboy_hat_face:

PetaMarie, sending well wishes for a great healthly future for you :slight_smile:

This was a good chat to read on the thread.

I also agree soon the newbies that have a New Years Resolution to change are going to hit the board soon. The Keto area will be blasted with help me posts.

I wonder how many carnivores will be new and check in? LOL not too many cause I think most carni people come from the keto lc world. Kinda have to walk that lower and lower carb trail to carnivore.

Good chat. Cool.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #657

I’m making a New Years resolution here and now that I will be a Carni-noob come January 1, 2020 but I doubt I’ll be asking for much guidance, I’m prepping up with knowledge beforehand myself.

I won’t be dropping coffee though since I just dropped some significant $$$ buying myself an Italian Espresso machine. With my new found health I’ve decided that the rest of my life will be too long to keep drinking mediocre coffee. I’m putting my old friend KRUPS in the back room to make a place for my new love, the Gaggia Classic Pro coming Tuesday. I’m doing something nice for myself, it should last me till I’m on my deathbed! :coffee: :cut_of_meat:

Today I just noticed is one year hanging around this joint. :cowboy_hat_face: It’s been a great year with lots of great people so thanks to everyone for that, even the folks who are wrong helped show me what’s up by making me think for myself :thinking:. Funny how that works sorting through everything to find our personal truth and path. I’m glad to be here and still on a path of discovery and personal improvement. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bruce Pick) #658

Those two over on the right - if they’re both the same cut of beef - I recognize those. Here I buy them labeled as chuck steak. I call them flat steak but that’s just me. I do them in the slow cooker until the meat falls off the bones. They’re pretty inexpensive, and tasty when cooked that way. And they have a lot of nice fat.

Daphne Reloaded has become kind of my guilty youtube pleasure. She’s not for everybody, she can be kind of out there and she cusses a blue streak, but she also tears apart some of the more egregious vegans. She was a 10 year vegan and it nearly killed her.

I also enjoy Bart Kay’s more scientific way of doing it. In fact, the person I’d like to see take on that game changers dude would probably be Bart.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #660

My favorite! :cowboy_hat_face: