Another Carnivore Thread

went off and read the summary. sounds darn good :slight_smile:

I like: Go Wild Key Idea #6: Being social is in our DNA, but there’s also a dark side to our tribal nature.

cool read…can’t say more, you might not be there LOL but I think since I can pick it up cheap, like $9 on the net…I’m gonna be ordering me it also. Caught my interest and smaller book which I like. Thanks for posting it.

Check out thriftbooks. I get a lot of my books there used. Prices are often really good.

Lunchfast. Pups will get the egg whites and a couple of pieces of pork belly that was just too tough.

Here’s that 7lbs of yummy fat all chopped up and ready to freeze. Held a little to the side to have with supper.

thanks for the tip.

cool pics
I love meat pics!

Supper. Chuck steak cooked in the trusty cast iron pan, fat trimmings added. Plate 2 some suet and liver. Our community theater group had a party for the kids tonight so I get to eat in peace with no one asking me if the liver is raw…yes, it is but well sourced. Grocery store liver gets fried.

Ahh, the eating in peace. I so understand that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

no pic but my 1 lb. ribeye steak was a fab sight to see on my plate yesterday also!! I get so excited with a giant slab of meat on my plate, lol

NICE!
My kids keep trying to talk to me while I eat. I like to eat in mostly silence just because I really like to taste my food and savor it.

I’m going to quit posting meal pics unless I do something really cool. Eggs, pork belly, and beef are pretty much my staples so my plate doesn’t really change that often. :slight_smile:
As boring as that sounds, it’s kind of nice. I don’t have to put a whole lot of thought into what I’m going to fix myself for supper… it’s kind of like Einstein and his grey suit (I’m no Einstein but I swear liver and beef make me feel smarter!).

Another carvinore con.
This is related to pro # 5, kind of it’s dark side.
I had already given up beer, tried the low carb ones on keto and they suck. I was craft beer guy, specifically IPAs and absolutley loved Barley Wines as a treat; Bigfoot by Sierra Nevada was my all time favorite. I liked red wine and had been having dry reds for a while. Carnivore made wine a little sweet to me and I decided to cut it out except for perhaps special social events. So I reverted to martinis (Churchill style and NO garnish so basically just cold gin) and good scotch.

Anyway back to my complaint. Laphroig is my favorite scotch. I hadn’t had any scotch in the last couple of weeks or so and last night when the kids were settled in bed I got the book I had just started, settled in to read and enjoy a dram of this lovely, peaty delight. A couple of sips in I realized I had no desire to drink it. So… most of 2 oz of Laphroig Quarter Cask wasted! :scream:

Luckily I was never a beer person but I could easily swig down tons of bottles of it while partying so it was super easy to give up for me.

I feel for you people who are beer lovers and into crafts and all.

But I can so understand. My need for alcohol dropped intensely. I could do a diet pepsi and rum and keep going. Now I hate diet pepsi and just don’t want straight shots of booze anymore…so it is like what to mix with? I tried seltzers. yuk. I tried zero carb water and others and yuk. I tried fruit flavor sugar free punch, cheap store stuff and yes, I liked it. I can control the flavor to almost no taste on the crappy fake fruit punch stuff and mix in a good bit of rum, enjoy that drink and I am fine…but lately when I had one I found I am losing taste for it. Not refreshing, not enjoyable, not really wanted when I thought I wanted it.

I am on a challenge and booze is out…when I do go back to one down the road I wonder if it will be good or bad? interesting, can’t wait to see later what goes down for me on that.

I fear I am changing big time also on booze. Which is cool. I mean if my eating says you don’t have a taste for it anymore I guess that is a good thing. I don’t know, I kinda miss my taste for a good drink LOL but I won’t give up my carnivore eating for it tho which none of us would I would think :slight_smile:

Sorry and glad you had this experience? HAHA not sure if it is a great thing or a horrible thing for you at this point. But I so get it.

I’m not upset about it… but I now have a very expensive bottle of scotch that I possibly will never want more of than the occasional sip. :laughing:

Funny enough, giving up craft beer wasn’t hard. Giving up bread was a little tough because that was a constant with every meal. Now bread doesn’t look like food to me and the smell is even off-putting.

Holidays are coming up…bring it to someones house and use it up…or have a party at your house and offer it up…oh yea there are ways to let it go

you know someone you know wants that bottle HA

Which salt you using?

I use the Redman Fine Sea Salt.

just curious. I know everyone has a salt fav they like.

Redmonds is my favorite.

laughing, I did spell it wrong…heehee

yea. same. I see so many using Himalayan salt but I tried it long ago and I didn’t like it.

I just put in a new refill order to Redmonds. Not a fan of the price but it sure beats the cheap table salt out there

I think it’s worth the extra, knowing that you’re getting the real deal. I only use plain table salt in homemade weed killer.

yea me too. too funny

one promise I made is if I do a radical change on me I would pay up for the best of what I need

but I sure love shopping sales on meat and seafood. every time I get that great deal I just gush.

last one was a 2 lb. Tbone. 10.99/lb…that steak was $19.99

guy marked it down and it was at $3.59 per lb…only $7.14 for that monster steak. Well it is gone now, I enjoyed it so much, now to find other great deals.

(hottie turned hag) #57

YES! And if you compare thriftbooks prices on their ebay listings to the ones on their own site there is often a price difference, just FYI :smiley:
(I am a collector of rare books).
(also an “almost-carn”).

Awesome, most people probably don’t need to go full on carnivore to reap the benefits.
Thanks for the tip. I actually started buying from thriftbooks on ebay then started using their site so that I could build up points to get the occasional free book.
Nice to see you back. I’ve missed your posts on your old thread.

(hottie turned hag) #59

I did it to stall break when was at 122, it got me to 115 where I STILL SIT :expressionless:
I’ve been 115 for awhile now, cannot seem to get lower!

No way dude, you must be confusing me with someone else :rofl:
My thread was a reflection of my miserable personality :skull:

(Susan) #60

No, we all adore you around here, lady =). You are awesome and I love that you are back too =).