Another Carnivore Thread

yea david it is hard to find a lot of ‘100% carnivores’ that don’t dabble in the keto lifestyle. they can be very close til that one step you go off keto into carnivore land and never go back.

hard for me to post a keto person but if there is good carnivore thinking in there with truths, I would post it but I get your drift on it.

YOU ARE SO right, I am hardcore carnivore but every now and then I give credit to those who might walk the line of a great keto plan and our carnivore ways…hey who am I not to show that a good keto plan can easily be improved upon from the info posted and going into carnivore long term isn’t the best thing one can do HAHA

cool Meer.
hope it means something to you cause some need very very fresh meat with histamine troubles. if not you I get it but ya never know LOL

When it comes to histamine, carnivore won’t really change much - I already eat histamine-friendly, so it’s just dropping my daily salad and occasional veggie :slight_smile:

I hear ya on that.
but the thing is this gal saw that fresh meat vs. aged meat meant a whole bunch to her. Again this could easily never be you but this gal in eat meat, drink water definitely had issues and some were a lot more medical involved…but it sounds like you got a handle on what is helping you so that is a great thing!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #566

As meat ages histamine levels increase. Fresher is better for histamine intolerances. :cowboy_hat_face:

you got it David and some never experience troubles but some it can be very important. cool post! we all gotta find where we land in it all.

Oh yeah, cold cuts are off-limits, so are leftovers…
I buy my meat at the butcher’s, cook it right away or if we buy in bulk, it immediately hits the freezer. We oven-bake larger pieces of meat, low and slow, and it defrosts as it bakes, it decreases the “exposure” time.
Keto has been very helpful in decreasing symptoms, some are completely gone… I’ve even had sauerkraut three or four times in the past few weeks, no rashes!! :slight_smile:

Key thing Meer in that we find what we can handle and not handle as we eliminate and walk our paths. Great post from you!! You are doing what it takes! You are invested in you and that is never a wrong thing ever!! Love it

my favorite: Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
You should have seen me a few years ago…I was bloated, full of rashes, itchy skin, bloated some more, migraines, brain fog, everything I ate bothered me… I’ve been on keto for a year and a half now and it’s the best decision I ever made :slight_smile: And I’m still learning about my body, no end to experimenting… The latest discovery - dairy bothers me, so dairy’s out. I’ve eliminated all veggies high in histamine, lectins and oxalates - so far so good. :slight_smile: I’m absorbing all your carnivore tips and tricks, so I’m learning some more here :slight_smile: Our bodies sure like to keep us on our toes :wink:

Meer that is a fantastic post truly.

You are walking literally the path that suits you to a T. What to take away and what you are fine with to keep in your life on your terms and how you feel.

the rashes and itchy…wow…that is a game changer in that those are definite food reactions internally usually and would drive one bonkers and yet you found the way to make it better. Improve it all.

I love reading success stories like yours cause I was never one to have a lot of physical things other than so carb sensitive any carbs would drive me to eat the worst junk and I could not get off that hamster wheel but reading how others go true real results from the changes they adopted shows me internally all has to be improving big time for me without all the outside signs and I am sure doing the right path!

great post and wishing you more improvements down the line~!

(Edith) #572

I can handle leftovers. I can handle bacon if I don’t have other histamine containing food during the day. Cured and fermented meats like salami and hotdogs are off limits. Luckily. I don’t get rashes or hives, but my nose stuffs up, my right eye waters :woman_shrugging:, and I get a racing heart during the night. Cutting off vegetables seems to have helped. I guess just a few less things to worry about for histamine load.

it is nice to know isn’t tho what knocks us down?
we can then make changes to avoid things we don’t like in our lives.
great post! discovering you and what works.

I have the most problems with cold cuts/cured meats - haven’t figured out anything specific, but some brands bother me more than others, so I cut out the middle man and avoid them as much as I can.
Quantity is definitely key with me, as well. If I behave, my DAO pool increases and I can handle a meal that is higher in histamine. If I do that a few times in a row…here comes trouble.
I get red spots and hives on my cheeks, that’s my first symptom, second is itchy skin+bloated fingers, third used to be migraine (since keto, I’ve had one! :)) Pre-keto, it would take weeks to get back to normal, horrible migraines…
Restaurants are always a gamble…you can never know for sure what was the problem(s) there.

I got a nice big ribeye steak to eat up later

my mind is on bacon…seems a lot of the threads are talking bacon around here, I think I want me a ton of it LOL

I would never deep fry a meat, I have so many better ideas. I don’t mean the results, that must be nice but I really don’t like the mess and the huge amount of dirty oil so of course, if there is any other way, I do that… It’s convenient when someone deep fries things for us, I just hate doing it myself.

Same here. If someone else wants to do it, fine, but all that work and mess just for a food? Nope, lol.

That is exactly what I did yesterday. I mean, talk about total YUM!!!

I will make my first topic soon I think. Some grammar and word in English and my problems regarding that. Sometimes I have a great Hungarian word for a food and I don’t have it in English :frowning: We cut the world into different pieces, even animals. But maybe I just write here some of my thought.
It seems bacon is a processed stuff and I have no idea exactly what part is used for that, my knowledge about meat is minimal, it’s not language related at all but I’m learning. We have a different but slightly similar word for pork part with skin and some fat and potentially meat too. It’s called that even when raw and fresh. It’s quite popular and my anchestors ate it galore, especially the meatless version. I prefer seeing a similar amount of meat but the fat is quite delicious too.
And I just can’t say the proper word :frowning: It’s even trickier now as I bought something that has that Hungarian word in its name but it’s not quite that. But skin, a significant fat part, meat, structurally it’s the same.

I ate bacon once. I was super curious (one can hear “bacon” on keto forums for that long… it took years and I wasn’t even a vegetarian anymore but finally my curiosity won) and bought some, I had no other options just meat from a shop, something I never do.
It was bad, bland, almost completely flavorless. Yep, not proper home-raised meat (how I include good farms as well I wonder. people raises pigs living in their own little houses and some people do it for a living on a bigger farm but they still use similar methods I imagine. whatever they do, both tend to be great tasting. not always, one still can do it wrong, obviously), it almost never works unless it’s a fish.
A fried cauliflower leaf is WAY tastier.

But the smoked how-I-could-call-it I bought from the same man whose smoked pork chuck was awesome… That’s good. I prefer the chuck, though. And I have regrets I didn’t buy lard. It’s almost painful to fry my precious eggs on tasteless coconut oil (for the same price as lard). Next time I will use the… well, you know, not-bacon thing but it’s so small, I can’t use it all the time, I have no idea when we can buy some more again.

The next paragraph would be not carnivore related at all but there IS a connection in my case.

I ate plants today but I am pleased, I ate simple (this far). My days with coffee with HWC and sweetener (very, very rarely) are over. I dislike erythritol again, just like in the very beginning. I guess it works in some complicated recipe but not when I feel it too well. It’s the same with chocolate, I seriously dislike it sweetened now. When I started to eat/drink unsweetened coffee, hot cocoa and chocolate, I still preferred the sweetened one. I am sure simply not using sweetener and sweets wouldn’t be so effective but consuming unsweetened sweets (coffee with cream and chocolate are sweets to me even if they aren’t sweet) very, very quickly change me. Yay.
I like not eating sweeteners (they aren’t harmful IMO, just not real food and it seems wrong to eat sweets every day. even if I don’t need them, they are useful sometimes. try to eat mostly eggs without tricks. it’s fine when I have some, not too little meat too, at least for now), I just don’t force myself and it refused to happen naturally.
I wondered about sweets vs my future carnivore trial (I do my best to do it for a single day tomorrow, I even have plans to skip coconut oil and it’s not easy considering I have no animal fat, only packed with other things except the highly expensive butter)… Right now I think I won’t eat sweets despite I always eat them, 2 days without them is unima… No, it’s imaginable, my imagination is way better than that, it just never happens. I probably won’t need them but it doesn’t mean I don’t want to try it just for fun. But no sweetener, no chocolate and if I am strict, not even heavy cream… I still will try though, frozen whipped egg yolks must be nice but I am not sure I can consider it sweets (how is it said correctly? sweets seems plural but I want it singular… One of sweets? I wanted to ask this in my future topic too) but I will have temptation to add some flavor at least. My keto ice cream is mostly egg yolks but there are very important plant ingredients (two of them are fruits, they aren’t really recognizable due to the ridiculous amounts but still make a huge difference).
So, it sounds waaaaay simpler to forget about sweets in general, who needs that when nicely full? Even though I like challenges and trying things even if I won’t consume those often.
whatever, we will see, I am not worried. If I manage to buy lard and smoked something, I am not quite sure 4 kg/8.8lbs meat is so plenty for a carnivore trial (I plan one week but we will see) considering it includes bones and is for two. My SO tends to eat meat super slowly so I can eat most of this and I have eggs but still, being careful with amounts makes it harder and I am super brave to try it to begin with. I still can’t understand myself, I really always thought it’s something I can’t ever try.
But I thought I am super incompatible with keto too and it turned out it’s ideal for my body, my other parts had to change a bit first.
Now I feel keto is so very free and allows, like, everything… Not exactly but what it doesn’t allow (for me, others may include it on their keto. I am great with ridiculous amounts but not in every case), it’s not good for me anyway. Maybe I enjoy it but surely will feel a bit bad afterwards. It doesn’t mean I will do keto for long, I surely will pop out and in as usual. I think. At least for a while. Oh surely, I have a wonderful fruit garden or is it no problem? Maybe it isn’t, for keto, I mean, it doesn’t mix with carnivore but I don’t want carnivore, I just try it out and I am quite open without rigid plans, my body knows better what is good for it (not like I always live according to its wishes, of course but if my body hates something, it retaliates and I am a hedonist and dislike being incomfortable).

Maybe I really need an own topic. But it’s nice here and I’m afraid I would be way too free in my own topic and I would end up writing too much. And I’m lazy to make a topic anyway, I almost never do that on any forums so that takes some extra effort.

Venison tenderloin, eggs an bone broth for dinner :slight_smile:

@Meerkatsandy Looks like the pup is ready just in case you can’t finish it all, lol.