Another Carnivore Thread

I haven’t gotten to the point where I add spices to see what happens. Right now I’m very happy eating super simple. Almost my entire diet is beef, pork belly, eggs. I haven’t been eating dairy because I think it may have been more of an issue than I originally was aware.
Funny about the dirty carnivore thing, because of the sugar I kinda consider bacon “dirty.”
I do still have decaf coffee because I really like coffee. I do still have alcohol, just not much and certainly not every night.

(Peter) #542

I got 13 minutes through it before stopping. The “humour” is primary-school level, and it’s just cringeworthy. Vlad does not approve.

It is all cool David. I can jump fast but that post got my fur up so I did jump at it LOL

I don’t wanna go there, ya know :slight_smile:
my side of it we are all cool!!

Ok…thing is there are subsets of Carnivore eating. Which is a lot of times called Zero Carb eating. Zero carb eating was used a lot more at first til it got dubbed Carnivore and now a lot of people use that term more I think…guessing on the time line of it all.

You got:

The purist. Pure Carnivore. Eating every animal, every seafood nose to tail. They all will not touch plants of any kind. No plant oils, no veg ever. Plants are toxic. They will not take supplements or vitamins or any additives like MCT oils etc. unless something is prescribed by a doctor. They will probably never eat any dairy or dairy products. They most likely dropped coffee. Teas. All drinks. They mostly likely will never use dry rubs on meat. Will not use condiments. Will not eat herbs/spices on meats/seafood. They will not allow deli meat, processed things like premade sausages etc. They eat fresh meat and seafood. They don’t want processed anything mostly. These are PURE eaters. They are very strict. Very tight. Take the word carnivore to the end. These are your ‘beef and water’ types you hear about.

Then ya got someone like me:
100% Carnivore eater (or true carnivore sometimes stated) is a person who eats 100% of their main daily meals, each and every day of their life as meat only. Seafood only. 100% means you are eating meat/seafood only as your main food in life.

We will not eat any plant veggies. Also believe in the science of how toxic plants are not good for us. They most likely will never touch supplements unless Dr. issued. Plants oils, heck no. They will not eat any single food other than meat and seafood as a meal.

So it is the pure carnivore as above mostly BUT with allowances. Those who are 100% carnivore may eat herbs/condiments/spices IF it doesn’t mess up their tummys and they feel well on them AND they want a few things in their lives. Personal choice here. They will allow coffee. Tea. They will allow some processed meats like sausage links. Salami, deli meats. 100% Carnivore eater will allow dairy products. Cheese etc. Some won’t cause it causes distress etc. to them and they can’t do well on it. Some will eat fast food burgers with out the bun where as a PURE carnivore probably ain’t ever doing that LOL

Herbs/condiments/spice are not food. They are just as they sound. So if a little 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic is fried with your steak…it is not food…it is a condiment. One you choose to flavor your steak. You are not eating garlic as a meal. You are eating a 2 lb. ribeye steak as your meal flavored with a bit of garlic. Again, personal choice on what little herbs etc. you will allow in your life.

Dirty Carnivore.

I never want anyone thinking Dirty means the person. Nope. Not one bit. It has nothing to do with the person ever on plan.

Dirty means you are eating off plan. You are muddying up the real food you are eating. It means if you eat a bunch of asparagus with your steak that day then ya ate dirty. You truly ate bad food.
You had a dirty carnivore eating day.

So when I say I had a dirty carnivore day…like a few weeks ago I walked by my kid and she was eating popcorn. I grabbed 1 small handful. Then when I went by again, I grabbed a few pieces more. I maybe ate 15 pieces of popcorn total. Done. Never touched it again. I wrote in my eating journal and on this challenge board I ‘ate some junk’ and had a dirty carnivore day. Out of all my meat only day I ate 2 handfuls of junk popcorn cause I wanted too :slight_smile: I did it, only human like many say here over and over but I sure own it when I do it~and it is very rare I do it.

So of course there are shades of gray in every eating plan everyone does. Some allow a bit more, some less, food taste preference and more.

but carnivores adopt values they hold tight. They do not want to eat veg ever cause of toxic issues to the body. They are not taking tons of useless supplements one never needs unless Dr ordered due to true medical issues. They will not jump on and off plan as some do…you know like keto plans sometimes they are in and out of ketosis on how many carbs they eat…a carnivore is not ever doing that. They eat meat/seafood as their food and done, they are not allowing wild fluctuations ever in their food choice.

This is what is out there mostly about zero carb eating/carnivore eating plans.

Thing is I take my personal carnivore plan very seriously. I follow the core values of not eating veg and the science behind that choice. I value the unbelievable health benefits this way of eating delivers. I know there are a gazillion like minded eaters just like me who hold these values and beliefs and science behind why we eat this way.

Now someone starting carnivore and one day eats all kinds of crap…hey that is going to happen. You can’t fault that truly cause everyone has to find ways to make big changes in their lives. Sometimes we break a bit. It is a personal journey. If someone wants carnivore eating then they will walk the path and make it happen. If they can’t do it or opt it doesn’t suit them then so be it.

I just wrote a bunch and hope it helps explain some things as I personally type and post my food as I eat it. Well, my food is only meat and seafood ever. I eat nothing else ever. If I eat a tad off I have a dirty carnivore day. I am now in the process of cutting those days out and back to basics for me.

I invite everyone to chat about what I wrote and thoughts about the plans kinda being laid out how they are in the zero carb/carnivore world.

I think this chat is always wonderful. I adore this eating plan and love to talk about it, sing the praises of it, I value it. I hold it so tight and so dear to me. This way of eating has truly changed me and improved my health and so much more that no one is gonna ramp it down ever for me. LOL

(Ashley) #544

Speaking of carnivore I just purchased me a new indoor grill! I plan to collect the fat and use it on things as I cook!

too cold to outdoor grill so hoping this helps since I had having to turn on the oven for burgers!

yea yea I get that.

I eat a smidge of cocktail sauce rarely with my shrimp day and I think of it as ‘dirty’ also but in truth, 100% carnivores allow condiments and cocktail sauce in very small amts are allowable. Many carnivores follow this way. So I think dirty when it kinda isn’t LOL

I thought on bacon like that also til 15-20 yr old veterans on eating this way said, hey no that bit won’t ever matter, eat all the bacon ya want :slight_smile:

I do very well on dairy thank goodness. But if it irks your guts, watch out for it. So many can’t handle it.

Yeah, the bacon won’t hurt. I’ve gotten where I like pork belly better, though, so I consider bacon something I eat if I don’t have anything better. I still like it, but my tastes have altered and I don’t love it like I used to.

I picked up an electric skillet a few weeks ago and have been amazed by how much I use the darned thing. I got it because I often cook burger for the kids and none of my pans will hold enough at one time. I got tired of dirtying multiple frying pans.
Hope you enjoy your grill.

oh boy, oh yes this will happen.

I was a chicken thigh person to the ultimate. I ate a million of these suckers til one day…I never ate another. Haven’t in about a year now LOL You couldn’t pay me to eat a chicken thigh now HA

Your bacon is like that. Your pork belly took the place. You might never truly go back to bacon once your tastes change like that.

I loved Tbone steaks. Now you can’t get me to ever buy one. I eat ribeye steaks and love them to no end. I am getting pickier and pickier on my beef selections etc.

You are walking the real carnivore path for sure bob LOL I love it!

(Ashley) #549

Basically same thing as a electric skillet but has a high heat for sear, was on sale for $30 so I thought Xmas gift to me.

(Edith) #550

We have deep fried our turkey several times. It is fabulous! I admit to using peanut oil. We tried deep frying it in lard one year, but it didn’t come out nearly as good as with the peanut oil. This year we oven roasted it

(Full Metal KETO AF) #551

That’s because we don’t do it in the kitchen! Turkey frying is strictly an away from your building on solid ground activity. Here’s a Turkey Fryer setup.

It’s for the brave. Also not really good for KETO because of the oil unless you happen to have a few gallons of rendered tallow or lard on hand. The same setup with a strainer bucket is used for Crawfish or Seafood boils. Or making Gumbo for a big gathering. I have one that I have used a lot, but I have never fried a Turkey in it. I used it for a wok stove several years until I got a better one. Sometimes I put a large cast iron griddle on it still. It’s also been useful for distilling shine. :wink: :cowboy_hat_face:

Oh man :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m joining in :slight_smile: I’m “carnivore” this week, it’s that time of the month. I’ve been reading Leanne Vogel’s “Keto for Women” and she suggest eating more like carnivore for that week. I like liver, so I will eat a bit more of that, bone broth, eggs, butter, meats of all sorts, fish and the dirty of the bunch, EVOO, with fish. :slight_smile:
I’m histamine intolerant, so I have issues with a lot of veggies and it’s not that different from my other days.

I learned something new today… Never saw anything like this :slight_smile:
All that oil! I never deep fry anything if possible (and I talk about a smallish pot with not too much oil here, still, it’s troublesome). I fry things in tiny amount of fat and eat it all, simpler and it works for me. It’s good I don’t eat donuts since… A few decades? Fries lasted longer (my mother and later me totally made fries and chips but basically near anything using only as much oil as we ate. It might be some special family technique, it has its disadvantages though. I perfected the “cut things in the air” technique too that my SO just can’t comprehend, I need a not too sharp knife for it.)
I would never deep fry a meat, I have so many better ideas. I don’t mean the results, that must be nice but I really don’t like the mess and the huge amount of dirty oil so of course, if there is any other way, I do that… It’s convenient when someone deep fries things for us, I just hate doing it myself. But good meat is good using simpler methods, fortunately.
I can imagine deep frying turkey is a wonderful activity for a slightly adventurous bunch of people…

here is so info in histamine intolerance with carnivore. might help ya if needed :slight_smile:

bit of info. he is a bit loopy but I like him LOL

but it shows good info on why plants are so bad for us.

(traci simpson) #556

Lol

probably gonna get in trouble on another thread. taking on spaceb :slight_smile:
but being super duper nice about it Hahaha

(Full Metal KETO AF) #558

@Fangs Interesting article and video, thanks for sharing it. This guy has some good info but he’s not advocating Carnivore for more than cyclic use. He is more rooted in a Ketogenic Diet.

His ideas about going carnivore for months of cleanup and inflammation elimination and following by reintroducing what he calls superfoods like sauerkraut, salad and blueberries which he believes have great benefits was different than I expected. He also promotes extended fasts of 3-5 days on a regular basis. I liked a lot of his ideas although I don’t know if they all hold water, they are much like my own. Though it’s been working great for me so far I need to be comprehensive in my food experimentation to learn my own truth. Lots of contradicting information in the world to sort through on food. He knows some about anti nutrients but sometimes seemed to be focused on the benefits of some compounds like sulphoraphanes. My understanding of brassica vegetables is sulphoraphane is packaged in microscopic bubbles in the leaf surrounded by bubbles of another compound. Sulphoraphane is healthy but when you chew the cabbage the two compounds combine into a plant based pesticide to cause severe damages to many larval stage insects causing mutations and damaging reproductive capabilities. This includes multiple heads on some of the caterpillars.

His approach seems to be trying to balance all the dietary concepts into a harmonious cycle of inclusion and rotation to build a robust digestion and immune system that tolerates everything. His philosophy on eating is very similar to what I have been doing for many months now. I was waiting for the resistant starch thing but he never brought that up. But he’s really big on not fearing foods including beans and grains on occasion, even wheat. His approach to inflammatory foods in the diet seem to be eating them in small quantities but not any one daily. I myself really never have expectations of cycling those foods on a regular basis even though I don’t feel I have obvious gut issues because my digestion is already pretty strong. I like the feeling of staying in ketosis and keeping my diabetic tendencies at bay is crucial. The final wrap up of the article:

”What I support is a fasting-focused lifestyle that cycles between periods of eating and fasting. This will promote general health, longevity, and keeps inflammation in check. Doing it on a ketogenic diet allows me to eat both plants and meat with no issues.“

I was expecting a bit more of a hard core Carnivore article from you. I did enjoy his presentation quite a bit. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #559

She has some different ideas that sometimes feel pretty controversial but she seems to thrive on it, very smart lady. Can you link the thread please, I want to read it. :cowboy_hat_face:

david it is the thought occurred to me thread.
I ain’t taking it any further. I am just zinging here LOL
I will stop cause I learned I can’t go there but a little bit of ‘thoughts of other truths that might be out there’ vs. her posts are good to think about kinda thing.