Another Carnivore Thread

(Edith) #501

Well, like we all say, “N = 1.”

I tried MCT oil pre run once. I got about four minutes into the run and had to return home for some time. :nauseated_face:

Wow! Thankfully you made it back home!
When I tried MCT I ended up going home from work thinking I had a virus.

(Edith) #503

It was close! :joy::joy::rofl::crazy_face:

I’m just guessing the run back home above normal pace…:laughing:

I never tried it. I was one who wanted ‘food’ on any of my plans, like regular low carb into extreme near zero and then the walk into carnivore.

I never did supps and oils and extra crap. I am not a ‘pill or supp’ type person. never was so I guess I am biased also against them cause I just don’t like that junk LOL

I only want food and my food to do it all for me which carnivore does :slight_smile:

I think I am so over it all and done playing the stupid games. I truly want what I eat to be it all and be the end all of everything I need at all times. My protein and fat does that for me.

bob, darn if in your smiling Tshirt carnivore pic, your eyes remind me of someone…and I just can’t put a finger on it. Kind eyes ya know and they just say ‘someone to me’ and for the life of me I can’t think of his name now.

hey I will remember tho HAHA

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #507

:snake: Well at least it’s carnivore! :rofl:

Too funny R!!

I think squeezing a big dead old rattlesnake from all his oils and slurping it down would beat palm or coconut oil any day HAhaha……great post! love that little snake icon!!

Let me know if you figure it out. I keep being told I have a Doppelgänger.

oh yea oh yea you do…gosh you remind me…and I can’t put a finger on it but I sure will………one day…I say,…bob I know and who knows when that will be but I will say that and you will be surprised LOL

too funny :slight_smile:

I have MCT oil in my coffee most mornings.

I like drawing and painting and the medium chain triglycerides create a keto high and mental turbo charge. Cartoons spill across the blank pages.

It’s no a necessity but it’s a recreation and productivity tool.

Duck eggs.

Ooo. I felt a bit sick after the 3 ducks’ egg omelette yesterday.

This morning I had 1 duck egg and 2 chook eggs :egg: :egg: :egg: and that is sitting much better.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #513

That’s really condescending. You’re implying people who do different than you do are gullible and easy victims of marketing like we’re talking about KETO protein shake powder or something that’s really BS. If you have no use for it it’s fine, obviously you’re a Carnivore and have no use for it and that’s expected. There’s nobody giving you crap for not using it, is there? Of course not. There are plenty on people who seem to have digestive issues with coconut oil or MCT. And they safely express that, there aren’t any MCT nazis here starting wars in the regular KETO threads, this isn’t a FB group. It’s a given that for some people it goes right through and everyone knows that. Many foods are similar. There’s plenty of people who come from vegetarian eating and they have to adjust to adding fatty meat into their food or they get nauseous and have problems ingesting or digesting animal fat. They get used to it by adding a little at at time and building up their tolerance. Their digestion isn’t used to processing it.

I’m not one of them. I didn’t have to get used to it. I traveled in SE Asia for a long time in places where that’s the only cooking fat available. It didn’t even phase my digestion. Of course I knew nothing then about people having issues, nobody in Indonesia seemed to since it’s use is pervasive and people are introduced young. Actual allergies to coconut are fairly rare. I don’t use them all the time but I do use them sometimes and they aren’t poison or snake oil. MCT is saturated fat rocket fuel. Unlike animal saturated fat other than the MCT component of grass fed butter…yes butter, MCT is directly processed in the gut and goes right into your bloodstream as fuel and produces ketones. Like a fat version of white sugar. That’s why people put it in coffee, because it gives instant fat fuel. Other fats must go into the gut and are sent from the gut through an extra side trip through the lymphatic system and then to the liver for processing. They require the work of your gallbladder, coconut oil and MCTs do not.

Talking about the Carnivore diet in an inspirational way without airs of superiority on a wide spectrum ketogenic forum might actually get people interested in the ideas and experiences of Carnivores, and not have them write you off as a wingnut. Yeah, we’re all apex predators…I get it. :cowboy_hat_face:

I stand by my opinion on what I said. You can disagree. I am cool with that but you don’ have to start judging me personally on my opinion do ya? Can’t keep the insults from coming out? Superiority? Not allowed to post one’s honest opinion without an attack?
Yup, the usual meanness cause someone else posted their opinion.
ugh, whatever. best I can do is let this go.

@Fangs @David_Stilley alright y’all, you two happen to be two of my favorite people around here.
Just agree to disagree, chalk it up to individual personal experience, or whatever makes you happy.
I don’t think either of you are out to insult the other.

This started as a personal observation/opinion on my part. Fangs had her say. David had his. Our experiences and opinions differ.
Now, back to my decaf. I hope you both have a good day.

Agreed bob…like I said, letting it go cause I don’t want anything but good in this thread :slight_smile: cool

I probably wouldn’t say toxic but if I can’t depend on my body signs to figure out what to eat and what not to eat, I am probably in trouble.
I never even saw MCT oil and don’t understand the hype around it.
I normally use coconut oil as I need to use something (I don’t need much added fat - and can’t afford it, my fat intake is easily too high without it - so it’s a small amount even when I eat my super fatty homemade chocolate) but nowadays I think it’s so expensive for something tasteless when animal fat is often super tasty, not like I can buy that cheap but not for more than coconut oil. I love to use pork chuck as the tiny needed extra fat provider for my eggs and when it was too lean lately, I added a tiny bit of butter (I will need to buy some lard soon). I run out of chuck now, we bought some… Maybe it is bacon, maybe not, it’s not called like that here but it’s something similar at least. We bought head cheese too, not much and we wanted to taste it. So almost the whole piece is gone, it was great and quite rich and fatty. I saw lots of way fattier parts, almost pure fat, that’s not my thing (oh I would buy it cheap but not if it costs as much as some better, meaty part) and definitely not my SO’s. And I have some fried chicken too but that’s all until my ordered beef stops being alive. I have enough eggs and some dairy (we bought some more aged cheese, I don’t eat much but it’s useful and it’s quite important for my SO, he loves cheese. I prefer fatty meat but as I don’t much now, cheese adds a nice variety too).

Folks put added fat into their coffee for some reason, not enough fat or satiation or whatnot. I can’t relate but coffee with tasteless fat sounds gross. Even butter (tasty but still subtle and mostly fat) wasn’t so great. If I eat coffee with something, that’s eggs, obviously :smiley: or a tiny bit of heavy cream (best taste but I don’t like to eat lactose every day even if I am not sensitive).

If someone has issues with something, it’s usually logical not to eat/drink that stuff. Except when someone is so messed up they have issues with essential things, they need to heal then somehow.

And I think people are too sensitive if they are hurt when you say you have problems with their sacred items. I adore my vegetables (even if I don’t want them now) and I don’t hate anyone who wrote something against them here :smiley: Eggs are my near everything diet wise and I understand others have problems with them. And I actually can be very sensitive but usually not about taste, tastes differ, our bodies are different too and so on. I dislike when people say something IS toxic for everyone when I love it and may thrive eating it galore. It’s not a fact then, probably just some opinion. It’s similar when something is called essential for everyone while many people have problems with it and it’s not even needed at all. I like true facts and open-mindedness and accepting the fact we are very, very different even if there are human facts true for basically everyone.

Trimmings are way cheaper than that at my beef place. They just were all gone when I ordered, oh well, next time I will try to be super quick. They have lard for coconut oil price but I can get that elsewhere without an extra trip (I can get that riding my bicycle if it’s not too bad weather and that’s some exercise I need anyway).
The beef farm is farther, a bicycle ride is fine but only when I am in okay shape and the weather is good.
We love not to use gas unnecessarily and we have a slightly unusual opinion about what is unnecessary. People in this country often are so lazy if it’s about travelling using their muscles. They are often obese and sick too. I was obese and I am lazy but I was more active than the average person. I am really not athletic or anything and still, people admire me just because I walk a bit sometimes, even in the country, it’s so messed up! And everyone wants to give me a lift. If I walk, it means I am a pitiful poor one who can’t afford a car or something. It might be true and I can’t even drive a car but I want to walk, I need to walk, not sitting all day.

You have a point, I didn’t think about that. Yep, sometimes people do need to build up some tolerance, it seems.
I easily forget some people can’t even handle fat, it’s so different from my family in general. Much fat is so obvious to me and vegetarianism allows that, even veganism but that’s plant fat while a plain ovo-lacto vegetarian might heavily depend on animal fat and protein like I did (but I ate lots of plants too, a big part of my fat intake came from them). I theoretically know many (most?) vegetarians eat HCLF but it’s so incompatible with me… And many eats plenty of fat.

Why does someone need instant fat fuel? Is it a beginner ketoer thing? Or some people works like that? I never fully understood that fat in coffee stuff but it seems to be nice for many people. Fat calories they need for some reason and some positive changes they enjoy after having their fat, I’ve read. Each to their own, everyone should figure out what works for them, temporarily or permanently.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #520

I’m cool with everything Bob. Fangs I like a lot of what you write but sometimes you come across with an air of superiority that rubs me wrong. Your recent tirade just pushed me enough to comment. Your insistence that you’re pure carnivore is confounded by some of the stuff you post like eating cocktail sauce or ordering ribs with a rub in a restaurant. Then you turn around two days later and claim you don’t need any of that stuff and you’re a long time pure carnivore? And real carnivores only need meat and water.

And you’re a mediator on a pure Carnivore FB group, and so I take it a self proclaimed authority on the Pure Carnivore diet. Telling people that they’re not doing it right if they aren’t doing it your way. Any mention of fasting gets you slammed. That real Carnivores never fast because you’re like a lion who eats whenever you’re hungry. Meanwhile ignoring that lions can go quite a while on no food, that it’s the driving force to eat again not a tummy rumble two or three times a day. Lions don’t eat like that. They’re lazy and sleep a lot until they get hungry enough to motivate hunting. They don’t think, I might be hungry later so I better kill something today (or go the the store and buy a steak) cause I’m not going there. There’s a natural curve to that and the patterns of big cat eating have nothing to do with humans so it’s not a valid analogy. They are driven by physical signals not mental ones like I need to eat everyday because I’m a lion and we lions never fast.

It’s as ridiculous a comparison as vegans claiming that elephants, gorillas and rhinos are the strongest animals because they are vegan and thinking they’re going to be as strong as a gorilla from eating green leaves and adopting a gorilla or elephant diet. I’m fairly certain that I would be banned from participating in a FB group like your’s for expressing my ideas and not being “pure Carnivore” enough and not a blind follower. I would ask inconvenient questions. I have a brain and make decisions for myself. I could never participate in an authoritarian group like that.

Yeah nobody’s perfect myself included but I own my actions. And I am honest with myself and others. I don’t pull up silly analogies comparing humans to other animals in nature. Sometimes you sound like your trying to convince yourself more than us readers. I have a 100% Carnivore trial coming up very soon and I won’t be eating dairy or any plant products like spices to be a pure elimination diet. I’m giving this a go for sure. Maybe I shouldn’t be here commenting if this is a “pure Carnivores only, pat ourselves on the back thread” since that isn’t me. I’m not Carnivore but I want to discuss it and learn. My comments are not meant to be mean, negative or some kind of put down, just a reality check and feedback on how you come across sometimes. Do you want to inspire people to give Carnivore a go or turn them off? The difference is in the wording and expession of sound ideas and concepts. We all believe in what we do till it doesn’t work. I wasn’t looking for an argument, I feel I should be able to talk out ideas and issues. I am here to talk Carnivore and learn before I start. I find the concepts compelling, but not any of the superiority aspects about being Carnivore. And I won’t ever snidely and indirectly criticize people doing things differently than I do myself. We share ideas and experiences from our journey in the spirit of kindness. It’s awesome when that helps or enhances another persons life. I’m here to learn, share knowledge and improve my own life and hopefully other’s lives too.

After all this is a forum for discussion. We offer each other perspective, checks and balances for our individual approaches to ketogenic eating. But we don’t do it in a mean spirited way implying people who do something we don’t are fools. You go on in the next post saying you’ve never even tried it. MCT is just oil, it’s not exogenous ketones. And yes the cheaper crap is refined with hexane and heat is involved too. The good stuff is expeller cold pressed and centrifuged to remove the Lauric acid and longer fatty acid chains. Nobody needs it for keto but that doesn’t make it snake oil for the gullible. Of course as you’re a Carnivore I would never suggest you try it now. If I start talking shit I hope one of you points that out to me, I am always open to learn something new and I am not afraid to be proven wrong about anything I think I know and post. That’s how people grow, not with a closed dogmatic mind. I don’t want to come across as a “know it all” or really need any confirmation of my n=1 methods being sound since my journey has been continuously evolving and getting me stellar results.

Started KETO at 205 lbs in a wheelchair with a 38” waist and diabetes rapidly getting worse. The second photo is today, 144 lbs. with a 31” waist, not diabetic and 100% ambulatory. I feel better now at 60 than I did at 30 with both legs. I achieved this all in 15 months of keto and eventually learning how to limit my eating window with IF and recently a week long fast with a 24 hour eating window after the first 48 hours. I actually started feeling better than when I eat daily. I got some loose skin tightening and further reduced the hard fat to lose on my waist and chest. It’s worked fast and I have had drastic healing, but can Carnivore take me further?

Maybe I can go further if I keep an open mind about new ideas, the concept of being Carnivore takes more adjustment for some than it does for people who go in with an
“I don’t like vegetables anyway” eating habit. Yet here I am. For me that’s going to really feel like giving up something I enjoy but I need to find out if I can benefit.

Even Shawn Baker states in a video that some people do Carnivore differently but they still benefit. Some eat animal based but still use some spices and benefit. Some use dairy and eggs and others don’t. Some never eat pork or chicken because of Omega6 fatty acids. But it’s all good with Dr. Baker because he understands that there isn’t a pure one way to approach Carnivore and everyone still gets something out of moving towards a meat based diet. Even making the decision to go Carnivore will include individual approaches. Some focus on higher fat, others think you don’t need that. So even the 4-6 lbs of Beef daily guy feels that Carnivore can vary in approach and people still gain benefits. I’ve never heard him use terms like “real carnivores” that imply if you aren’t doing like he does you aren’t a “real Carnivore”.

I may not agree 100% with your ideas and I don’t want to criticize others with their individual approaches including you. I’m loving this thread pretty much, if I were personally offended I wouldn’t read your posts. There are people on this forum that I’ll start reading their posts and I find them offensive or uninteresting and I just skip it. This thread I follow with great interest and you are all my friends. I take your experiences as valid and interesting bits that might apply to me. But honestly I won’t know till I try for myself to discover my own personal “truth”. :cowboy_hat_face: