Another Carnivore Thread

Each morning my wife gets up early to go to yoga class. She is incredibly fit and beautiful. Each morning I wake to the tinkling of dry cat food going into the bowl for Nancy and Eunice. When I hear the front door close, i get up and tip the cat biscuits back into the cereal container. I go and get the girls some grass-fed beef, or just recently some outback harvested feral goat. They love the goat. I make mouse size patties and put them in the bowls.

Dear wife asked if I thought the cats were sick because they don’t get up to pester her for biscuits, but they don’t seem to be hungry, but they seem to be losing some weight. I say it’s body fat.

Cats are obligate carnivores. I share some sardines with them, lamb hearts and some bone broth. They are starting to look like healthier cats.

My wife doesn’t realise that she is the only low carb pescitarian left in the household.

Snow!!! I hope we will have some this winter, it’s always a mystery if there will be proper snow or not.
We have lots of rains nowadays :frowning: Rain is nice but not almost every day…
I don’t even think we had proper frost this far… It’s the warmest November I remember.
I live in Hungary where there is panic at traffic when there’s .1 inch snow… There is a joke. I am not confident in my translation skills (comments are easier, I have more freedom) but 3 snowflakes are talking about where they want to land. In the mountains, on the fields, 2 snowflakes have some nice idea to be a part of something amazing, beautiful, helpful. The third snowflake says it wants to land in Hungary where it has the power to create a big mess all alone.
And it’s just a slight exaggeration. Barely visible snow? There is a significant chance traffic will seriously slow down.

I am happy with being stuck with @barefootbob too.

My diet is weird now, I have some plants but almost no veggies. And I considered them the only fixed part of my diet, with reason. It’s scary how one can change. And I am still at the phase where I can’t buy a significant amount of meat (and I cook for a high-carber and it still slightly affects my diet). I guess I can survive some weeks using mostly eggs if my evolution continues. I would survive weeks without any food, after all, without seriously harming myself. But I am curious how much eggs can make a mostly plantless diet balanced enough. It’s way easier for me to buy eggs and they are so wonderful. I definitely keep them as the main pillar of my diet.

Coffee… I still drink it, it’s clingy. Or I am clingy. I don’t even really like the taste now (in black coffee. still like coffee as flavoring), I don’t need it, I don’t want to drink it, it’s just… I don’t know. Nice warm stuff and more interesting than tea. I never will give up both, I need my warm liquid without significant calories and I can’t drink warm water.

This storm is turning into a beast. 21/2 hours away, our son is experiencing thunderstorms; half an hour from here, its raining. The snow we have now is like concrete…very wet and super heavy. I don’t know how to describe it very well…Have you ever seen heavy rainfall when the rain looks like its coming down in sheets? That’s what this snowfall looks like. Very weird. I took this pic around 8am when the snowfall wasn’t so heavy. (We can’t see out the windows right now…its just all white.) And, this is just the beginning, as the center of the storm is nearing Green Bay, I believe. We are 3-4 hours N. Winds peaked (so far) at 42 mph. Barometer has dropped half a point since I went to bed around 1am. This is going to be a real dandy!

(Edith) #444

We call that heart attack snow. :grinning:

wow…very cool pic. being in the South we don’t get that or what that LOL

It’s t-shirt weather here. :sunglasses:

(Betsy) #447

That’s interesting, I tried to join 1 ZC group and didn’t even get a reply.
Many years ago I tried to join a zero carb form run by a young man with the first name Charles, I’ll skip his last name, and he turned me down for that, too. He claimed he could tell who would make it and who wouldn’t. I don’t know how he could tell.

I applaud you bob cause 26 days ago you wrote the above and this is the most happening thread on carnivore :slight_smile: I am so happy you did ‘another’ thread. This one is fun, gives great info on the plan and shows success and gets in depth why we are thriving.

So glad you decided to do it and in 26 days…it is like just shy of 500 posts!!! You created your own forum success thread :slight_smile: Love it!

Couple different shots here…3 hours and 10 inches later…

The kids buried my car in the driveway. My daughter did a 360 while trying to put it back in the garage. Got the plow stuck, dug it out, parked it; then took the tractor out with the bucket, got that stuck, dug it out, and plowing more.
This stuff is the precipitation equivalent of concrete. Heart attack snow, indeed!
So, I was feeling okay about going into work for 4 hours (later), however…they are calling for another 27 inches this afternoon. Its coming down at a rate of a little more than 2 inches/hour. Me thinks the store is going to close, and I’ll end up staying home.
As far as utilities go, our electricity is a bit iffy. We’ve had 9 brown outs since 8am. This is a prime reason why pressure canning meats is such a great practice to get into. I’ve got already cooked taco beef, stew beef, chicken, turkey, etc. sitting in the pantry waiting for a day like to today. It can be heated up over a fire, or eaten cold if need be.
Currently, I am baking the desserts for Thanksgiving dinner…trying to get as much done as possible. Green bean cassarole is next. Not sure about when to do the mashies.

(traci simpson) #450

I’m one week in and I’m hot when I eat meat!!! LOL

Hi Virginia, I’m sorry it took me a bit to reply. Hubby is on vacation this week so I’m super busy. I like to put my chicken hearts in my little cast iron skillet with lotsa a fat (ghee, butter, etc) and then add a little salt, put on the lid and let 'em slowly simmer on a lower heat until they are done. :smile:

Hmmm… guess I got turned down for entry into both the ZC groups I tried to join on FB… guess y’all are stuck with me. :crazy_face:

I was thinking about trying to reactivate my Facebook page (I don’t care for Facebook and haven’t used it in years) just so I could try to join some active carnivore support groups. It’s weird that they turned you down, good grief.

Hey, send some of that to my place!! We’ve had 60s this week and had a huge high wind advisory all night but no white stuff. We need lotsa wet SNOW!!!

Stay safe if you go out in that. {{hugs}}

LOL! This is not the fun, fluffy snow we love. So, I wouldn’t send it to ya…I like you all too much!
Rufus the puppy does not know the difference between fun snow and yucky wet snow. She decided she’d play in it anyways…now we have a soggy mop for a puppy.
Actual weather update…wind peaks are at 48 mph. Snow is falling like me on a teeter-totter.

I’m trying so hard not to make an inappropriate comment. :laughing:

The Carnivore Minimalist site isn’t dead!!!
Just moved to https://katnikao.wixsite.com/minimalisteating

We have wetness and wind, we just have little snow, the weather is too often too warm for it. I live in a very windy area, on the top of a hill. It’s fun when we actually have some decent amount of snow (a few inches) and there’s wind, some parts get deeply buried then. And we visit the nearby city and find close to no snow… We go higher into the mountains and there’s significantly more snow. And it’s Hungary, I talk about 100, 200 and 600m above sea level but it matters a lot.

LOL, love to see pups out in the snow!! :slight_smile:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

We celebrated yesterday. Stayed 100% carnivore but I actually ate too much. I ate some link sausage in the morning then we had filet mignon, rack of ribs, tons of peel and eat shrimp.

I literally ate too much. I slugged out. My tummy was so full. I never ‘go to full’ on carnivore but this combo of food made me so full I couldn’t move and was sluggy the rest of the day.

But thankfully our Tday is over. Today is normal eating thank goodness. So happy that is over but we had a wonderful fun time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and be good ya’ll :slight_smile:

I’m by myself for Thanksgiving this year so I’ve got a 3.25lb chuck roast all to myself.
I don’t waste time and stomach space on turkey.