Another Carnivore Thread

oh see that never bothered us. In the beginning he had to adapt more to me doing my plan cause I wouldn’t budge, so he adapted and never gives it another thought how we both each differently. It just falls that way here. No biggie. I won’t allow food to be a ‘thing’ in my life anymore kinda…just us on it. I know things like this tho do effect some and they want a certain way in their life, I get that.

I love how you stated this. I was a super fan of a ‘few veg I could barely just stand’ while doing extreme low carb. I kept them cause it was expected to help ‘fill me up’ in that I would put mushrooms with my steak…or a meal of 1 pork chop and some asparagus with butter on it…but like you I crept into carnivore and saw ALL plants stink…hmm, yea I know almonds have low toxic levels of cyanide, nightshades and more…….but when I thought about it all I went off and researched my mushrooms and my asparagus and IF ONE follows the trail of what the plant species is and more in depth about that certain veg, you find out just how crappy that sucker is you are eating. For all those ‘needed good nutrients and vitamins etc’ the plant is always taking away things from your body, making it work harder cause it is a low level toxin you are ingesting so what good is the ‘great’ nutrients when it supplies the toxins wit it also?? See ya need those good ones to balance off the bad ones you are eating from the same thing LOL Ya can’t win on it LOL

Many won’t learn that info tho. Many won’t truly read why we say this and why a lot of carnivores hate the plants. Without reading and researching yourself you almost think none of this can be true ya know, that plants truly are not the great thing they are made out to be by a long shot. And it gets old having to hand hold every single doubter with a gazillion links and such…….hey you adult, you go read about it yourself…sick of hand holding :slight_smile: well LOL you know how it is :slight_smile:

you took the time to learn. That is a key carnivore thing. Those of us loving this life have delved very far into the science and why we do what we do. It isn’t a fluffy little diet game at all. So we protect it hard also.

but yea Keto get hits, as did ‘Dr A’ got nailed and then the low carb thing was said to be ‘a thing of the past’ on the internet and more. Funny thing is for all the hype on why it is so bad I sure see a lot of people doing it.

interesting chat on it all

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #403

This sounds sooooooooo good!

:rofl: Mr S has just adapted to keto since the start of September - from September until last Monday we’d been eating the same meals for the first time in years! :rofl:

I meant to say ‘I don’t really like it’ rather than ‘I really don’t like it’. Slightly different emphasis!

what in heaven’s name is this LOL
no clue on that :slight_smile:

your Rufus, on the farm we had about 400 laying hens for egg sales and we had to combat skunks and coon digging in and chewing them up. ugh, everything wanted to eat our chickens :slight_smile:

He he he.
One summer, years ago when I was doing Atkins, and super busy…I needed a concoction that I could suck down quickly, get all my nutrients and not have soy. I’m 52, so I remembered from decades ago the scene in Rocky when Sly was chugging down a bunch of raw eggs…and thought, eh…what the heck?!
Combined with my love of coffee, this concoction made perfect sense.

**Crack a couple eggs in a tall cup, add whatever you want to add in…a no cal sweetener, HWC, butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice…its up to you. pour fresh, hot coffee over it, and whip it with a hand blender until you get that nice foamy top. Then suck it down.
Bam.
Coffee…check
Protien…check
Fat…check.
Good to go.

** Just make sure the cup you are using is large enough for everything, plus the stick blender/immersion blender.

I love pumpkin, so, sometimes I’d add in a couple TBS of pureed pumpkin plus the spice. Freaking delcious! Like Starbucks pumpkin spiced coffee, only WAAAYYYY better.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #406

@SecondBreakfast You just gave me a holiday plan! I wonder if it would be good with some whiskey added! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whiskey, bourbon…yep. That’ll do it!

wow that IS wild…lol…you guys have me cracking up making it with booze too :slight_smile:

(Heather Meyer) #409

i call it Chicken Tea!!! My friends think im weird seeing me drink bone broth.
Even more weird- I take 3 cups and carry it in a “Fitness Blender Bottle” lol.

Okay, I broke down and created a new facebook account.
Because of my utter mistrust of that creepy-ass spyware I only access it via a separate installation of Linux on my alternate computer using a clean install of a different browser that will only be used for that purpose… yeah, I really did that. :laughing:

I requested to join the Zero Carb Health group but my profile is basically empty right now so it’ll probably get rejected. Oh well, the less personal info I put on there the better.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #411

Would you be called barefoot Bob there? If you don’t want to post PM me with your Facebook user name. :cowboy_hat_face:

I should probably use that name… less chance of ex wives or girlfriends sending me hate mail.

You’ll get in I am sure.

I was on FB years ago doing Zeroing in on Health with Charles.
It is great being surrounded by ONLY carnivores! But let me tell ya they have their plant eaters in there tho also LOL Not a lot of trolls but they do get in somehow and it is funny when Charles would say, ok, I have to delete a few of ‘them’ now.

Enjoy Zero Carb Health. All carnivore chat and people who get it and know the science behind it are great to chat with!!

I don’t plan to spend much time there. FB kinda creeps me out but dince I deleted my account I’ve been basically in the dark socially.

Yea I never was into FB. I wished ZIOH never went there. It used to have a regular old forum on the net. I only did FB because of zero carb chats and then hit a few others. Some are so lax. Like Principa Carnivore allows all kinds of bad carnivore cause ‘everyone has to eat their own way and not be judged’. ugh I had to leave that site fast. I mean you are carnivore site and allow plant eating chats as a good thing? I never understood that one LOL

I am old school also in that I just don’t want out there on the net like others do. I don’t need the socially media things. Never truly interested in it all.

It probably won’t last long. I got fed up with it last time I was on there. I like the forum here better but if the plant people keep getting nasty I’ll end up on here less and less as well.
I have 3 kids, there’s enough drama in my life.
I think it might’ve been World Carnivore Tribe I got annoyed with last time, not sure. I agree on the one about allowing plant eating discussions… there are plenty of groups for that so why include it in a carnivore group?
That’s why I don’t get my knickers in a wad over groups like ZCH, they state upfront what they believe and practice and therefore it’s not a matter of debate: I respect that.

yea I so hear ya.
I am getting older and fighting the fight to do one’s plan in peace as we see fit is just getting so darn annoying.

but good thing is this carnivore thread area has some great people and keto has some fab people so I have to keep that in mind over the other few that choose to destroy. heck best I can do on it all and try to stay connected with like minded people a bit.

Yeah, I certainly have no community support where I live. It seems everyone here lives on fast food and processed crap. The very idea of just eating meat scares the :poop: out of people… but they’ll wolf down garbage and industrial waste without a second thought then wonder why no amount of exercise will keep the weight off and why they hurt all the time.

LOL I so get what you are saying.

My area is the same. I am Southern. More ‘boonies’ than ‘city’ and even our city here like Charlotte is still backward LOL

So yea I have no one. My family gets me but won’t follow me ever. Best I can do is low carb the kid and she gets it. Hubby won’t change and I am NOW cool with that cause I tried so hard to make him my ‘diet buddy’ but that went down like a sack of rocks in the lake.

I have to have some connection to carnivores. I mean it is so fab to me I wanna have real chats with others about just that. Not have to fight to do that? ugh.

So this forum is a cool place still to me and I got people like you, loving the plan and doing so great.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #420

Interesting experience last night.

Background: I’ve gone plant-free since last Monday, as a relatively short-term experiment (I know I should give it 30 days, but I have been hoping that 7 or, at a push, a few more, days, will give me an idea of how I feel about tackling this longer term).

I’ve been eating meat, eggs and cheese since Monday. During that time I have sneaked out of and above my own-defined ‘ideal’ weight range - I’m just over 6ft tall, and I feel most comfortable being between 10 stone 10 pounds and 11 stone (150 to 154 pounds). Yesterday I was 11 stone 0 pounds 4 ounces (154 pounds 4 ounces), and the day before I was 11 stone 1 pound (155 pounds).

Last night I ate a large amount of beef brisket with some Stilton on top. It was delicious, and I was comfortably full. At 3am I woke up in a sweat. I’m no stranger to night sweats - I get very hot in the night if I’m hypoglycaemic (I’m type 1 diabetic, and it happens), and when I had my thyroid crisis teens of years ago it was the same story - but I tested, and my blood glucose was in range.

I immediately thought of Homer Simpson (I binged-watched Simpsons episodes in the 90s!) and his ‘meat sweats’ - and yes, it seems meat sweats are indeed a thing, I gather! I was very thirsty, too, and drank three quarters of a pint of water.

This morning I weighed in at 10 stone 13 pounds (153 pounds - back within my ‘happy’ range. And I felt different in my skin! I’d been a little ‘hmmm’ about the admittedly very slight weight gain since only eating carnivore, and heck, I’m absolutely not in this (either keto or indeed carnivore) for weight loss, but for better and consistent control of my type 1 diabetes. I found the weight gain thing interesting - and I’m staggered to have had what I feel is a kind of ‘extreme moment’ with it overnight and this morning!

Homer Simpson, (m)eat your heart out…!!!