Another Carnivore Thread

I get his emails and I really like his info and his attitude! :smiley:

@Shinita I’ve never cooked beef heart although I have it ground up with my ground beef. I can’t even taste the beef heart that way. I’ve only had chicken hearts and I really like those. I hope to try beef heart at some point. Hopefully someone on here can suggest a good recipe for you to try. I like beef liver and chicken liver. Liver has lots of nutrients!

Good job on going without those veggies. I enjoyed a nice, fatty pork roast last weekend too. Your chicken and pork don’t sound bad to me. Eggs! Our local farmer gave us a lot of eggs. Enjoy your eggs and I hope you continue to post. :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I ate chicken heart several times but that’s so tiny, I barely could taste it (and it was in a soup, even worse, some of the flavors tend to escape and to me, everything is tastier when fried)! It’s not bad but not particularly good either but it was just chicken with its less exciting taste. We will see, I expect it’s edible, chewy (that’s nice) but nothing like a tastier part. Still, experience and variety! I value those. I probably will love liver but chicken and rabbit liver is a bit bland, just like their meat.
My chicken was okay, I like thighs. I have my eggs (with a tiny bit of pork) until Friday when I visit my aunt and there will be chicken thighs and probably beef soup galore as always. Homemade, home-raised (the chicken, at least) and pretty good.

I have since the age of about 10 (so, around 25 years) had a huge issue with drinking water, I just hate drinking it, hated drinking squash even more so and always preferred hot drinks to cold but even hot water was a struggle. This rwmained the same on keto over the last nearly 2 years. Since going carnivore nearly a week ago though, I am suddenly loving and drinking cold water and lots of it. It is as if my body has suddenly woken up to what it needs. This is soooo strange for me (and for anyone who knows me to see also!) but I am following what my body is saying now whereas before I felt repulsed at the thought of water. Hope your autostic son is able to realise a similar natural change re his fluid intake.

WOW this was so great to read. Your body asking what it needs. Love this post!

As your body starts to heal inside and you eliminate whatever foods are monkeying with you…your body starts a natural balance again.

So cool you are doing so well and feeling such great benefits!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #346

From the perspective of a type 1 diabetic using an insulin pump:

Yesterday I only ate meat, eggs and a small amount of cheese. And overnight last night my blood glucose was through the floor. I did adjust my bolus insulin to reflect the carb reduction due to not eating veg yesterday, but I think this all-night ‘LO’ reading is an indicator that I needed waaaaay less than that and could probably have done with adjusting my basal rate as well!

I’m just experimenting at the moment. Can’t claim ‘carnivore’, but this is proving to be an interesting exercise in diabetes management for my type 1.

(The rise shown is due to a combination of zero basal insulin for an hour at 6.45 + foot-on-floor syndrome at 7.30 + 2 scrambled eggs with butter at 8.00.)

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #347

Thanks for the link, @Fangs - I’ve just started reading this in my lunch break. Am a little cross at this bit, so I’m going to come back to the article later. Here’s what I mean:

There are tremendous benefits to trying the carnivore diet.

For some people, it’s cured the incurable. The carnivore diet erased diseases they had been plagued with for their entire lives:

Depression
Crohn’s disease
type 1 diabetes
veganism

Last time I looked, type 1 diabetes is an incurable autoimmune condition. The way it’s worded above puts it on the very shaky ground of being potentially misleading and giving false hope to those who have no escape from this lifelong condition. Luckily I know that a carnivore diet will not ‘erase’ this ‘disease’ I have been ‘plagued with’ for my entire life. In fact it’s only plagued me for 33.5 of my 45 years so far - but it’s set to continue to plague me until the day I die, carnivore or not! :rofl:

(And is veganism a disease that people are plagued with?! I guess that was meant in jest!)

:rofl:

I can only assume that they meant ‘type 2’ instead of ‘type 1’.

Good catch on that one. I didn’t notice it at all.

I do believe that is a typo cause type 2 has to be what they meant.

Type 1 is a true medical condition where type 2 has obviously more options for control etc.

oh yea any vegan stuff is a joke mostly :wink:

I read what ‘people have been cured’ with when I read carnivore success stories and such and I know they feel they have gotten great benefits obviously…but that word ‘cured’ has to be watched on how it is put out there.

Anyone eating junk and has chronic indigestion that seems ‘incurable’ on the SAD food they eat…well they do carnivore and are ‘cured’. I mean they just eliminated the food that did them in…I don’t see it as a ‘true cure’ when I read that stuff but in all honestly the person suffering that illness, oh yea it would seem like a miracle cure for sure :wink:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #349

:rofl: I think you’re right! :rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #350

@KetoSnaps Rebecca I really think you should email Carnivore Aurelius and tell him of the error. You’re correct that it could cause severe problems for someone without insight into the matter. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #351

Hi David, yes, I’m going to do exactly that! Can’t find an email address to do so yet, so I’ve subscribed to the newsletter. In the meantime I’m going to enjoy the rest of the article! :+1:

(bulkbiker) #352

Yeah I agree but… there are some (admittedly very few so far) cases of T1 being put on hold or even temporary? (we dont know yet) remission by some protocols.
Paleo Medicina in Hungary and some researchers in France…
There’s also a guy on Twitter who is a diagnosed T1 but takes no insulin.
So while its currently very rare there does seem to be a slight hope for the very newly diagnosed.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #353

Hi Mark, yes I think you’re absolutely right - I guess I was speaking for myself as a long-in-the-tooth diabetic! I love that early intervention is providing such promise for those whose beta cells are still warm - I am delighted with the progress that’s happening in diabetes research!

:grinning:

(Mame) #354

I have a cottage up near Herbster! Love the lake so much!!

Things go slow. I will be even earlier next month! I ordered from that beef place I mentioned and barely anything were left. Even the trimmings were gone. No liver and heart for me in December either, oh well.
But I will have neck and ribs, it’s something (not much, my freezer is small and usually full but I can change that). If those arrive, I will make some experimental week with as little plants as possible. I consider it a tad too difficult and pointless without meat (I have ~200g smoked pork shoulder for 2 persons and for 1-2 weeks, some of my scrambled eggs will have some extra taste, that’s all). But I will eat mostly meat (chicken thighs) tomorrow at my aunt. There are never any problem with the amounts, to put it lightly so the next 2-3 days won’t be meatless either, at all. It will be a big amount and my meat eating frequency is already unusually high (even if the amounts are tiny) so it will be interesting to see how I can handle it.
Have a nice weekend ~

Have stem cells ever been tried to replace lost pancreatic beta cells? Or does the immune system wipe them out before they start working? Just thinking out loud.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #357

I don’t know. I think the work that’s being done is on very newly-diagnosed type 1s still in the ‘honeymoon period’ - ie before their own insulin production has completely stopped.

When I was diagnosed in 1986 I fear I signed a contract for life…! :rofl:

(bulkbiker) #358

Looks like its been tried

@FrankoBear

Although “reversed” seem to overegg the pudding a bit…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #359

So I have a question for you established and experienced carnivores.

The usual recommended amount of meat for carnivores is between 2-3 lbs a day. With KETO people eat a lot less meat and an insignificant amount of plant food makes up maybe 5% of your macros. How does eliminating 100 kcals of carbohydrate cause your need for meat to pretty much double?

I also wonder why @Fangs and some other carnivores feel like fasting is such a bad idea? It seems natural that primal carnivores couldn’t always get prey and would Fast a few days occasionally when luck was bad. I also think that they probably ate huge amounts while it was fresh and available in order not to waste the resources they would have on hand after a kill. As it started to go bad or was finished they would begin hunting again without any guarantee of success. So fasting and feasting would have been a regular occurrence in my opinion. They couldn’t pop into the Kroger at 9pm because they were hungry and wanted a ribeye. So likely they would be empty and in a state of deeper ketosis while hunting, not with a gut gorged with antelope meat. Fasting and feasting still would be a big part of primal carnivore.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #360

Certain animals are on this earth to feed people.