Another Carnivore Thread

Last night I decided to have a glass of dry red wine while reading. It was nice. Since I was still reading and it was fairly early I poured a second glass, had a couple of sips and had no desire for any more so down the sink it went. Coffee has gotten the same way. I often pour some out now.
In bed just after 9 and didn’t get up until around 7. I am still amazed at how much better I’m sleeping.

Thank God the sun is out!!!
It’s rained here for the last couple of days and I’m a person that needs sunlight.
It’s 45F so I’m going for a run!

I thought you said you were playing hockey in church. I haven’t been to church yet this century.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #324

Sometimes, in the first few months of the year when the sky is gray for weeks at a time I go to the tanning bed and it helps tremendously. Been doing it for years and usually go two times which gets me through until spring. Enjoy your run!

I recently got a near infrared heat bulb to help with that. Living in the deep south also helps. I can sometimes wear shorts at Christmas here. :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #326

You’re lucky. I’m in the middle of the country, KY. I remember going to Fl one March and we were running around like hooligans with our coats off and our Fl friends thought we were crazy. Then we saw a Wisconson family actually in the ocean and we all had a laugh.

(bulkbiker) #327

I didn’t go last century either…

Longer and longer on a 100% carnivore eating plan you will change immensely. I love reading about it from other’s and their journey.

We learn so much about what we ‘think we desire’ vs. ‘what the body’ truly once when we are so deeply keto adapted.

great post

Back from my run. Haven’t eaten since yesterday afternoon(unless you count the wine). This was not a fast, it was not needing to eat. :wink:
Time to cook.

I love the warmth and sunlight but I wouldn’t wish this particular town on anyone. I moved back here for a job and looking forward to the day I move away.

On the plus side, though, it’s November and I just ran several miles in shorts and sandals. I had a light jacket and a couple miles in kinda wished I had left it home.

Just mapped my route, I got in 6 miles (with some walk breaks). I guess having been cooped up in the rain and cold for 2 days I had some energy to get out.

So much for needing carbs to exercise, huh… :laughing:

I thrive on lotsa light too.

edit… changed my mind… too personal

your on a roll bob :slight_smile: :slight_smile: sounds like you are in a very good spot…your sweet carnivore spot!

There is a huge burning disc of light outside. It is 7am. 2 hours ago I walked on the dawn lawn bearfoot. Grounding. Today will be another scorcher. Australia. Skin cancer all round.

Think I’m going to take a couple of days or more off of the forum.
I’ll look forward to seeing what y’all have been up to when I get back.

Have a good break bob. I know there are times I need breaks also from forums :slight_smile:

We live way up north, just off Lake Superior. The winters here are dark, long, and did I mention dark? Lots of Seasonal Affective Disorder, I’m told. One of my husband’s relatives has it, and was told by a doc to take larger doses of Vitamin D3.
Just out of curiousity, I started my family on D3 last year, and I must say, it was one of the most pleasant winters ever! No grumpies, no moodiness…it was quite nice, actually.
Another little thing I had done in years’ passed is visiting the fake bake for 10 mins twice a week. I would just do a level 2, 10 min. M and TH, or whenever, take the D3, and felt quite awesome. Not the greatest option, I suppose. But, we have limited options in these parts.

Just thought I’d throw that out there as a possible idea for those who do deal with SAD. In the meantime, @barefootbob… enjoy the time off and soak up some sunshine!

from Carnivore Aurelius…good little read-----

Let’s face it. Vegetables suck.

You haven’t liked them since the first time your mom served you bland, microwaved broccoli.

You’re tired of having to starve yourself and eat like a rabbit when you want to be healthy.

Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to be a slave to plant foods to have the body, mind and energy you want.

The carnivore diet is the exact opposite of what we’re fed by today’s diet culture. And yet, it has…

• Cleared people’s skin better than Proactiv
  • Supercharged their energy
  • Made people drop weight faster than a vegan drops $16 on avocado toast

All while eating the juiciest, most flavorful, mouthwatering foods in the world.

Read more to learn everything you need to know about the carnivore diet: the benefits, meal plan, results and how it works.

Another opportunity to buy pretty nice beef (an ancient breed from a cute nearby place, I don’t buy meat in shops. even if there’s some meat from proper sources, it’s super expensive) emerged! I will order some. Well, as much as I can, my freezer is tiny and I have no idea about anything whatsoever. I’ve read about beef, though. But those are just words…
Guys, what is heart like? I’m quite poor and curious and fortunately don’t even want some fancy lean meat (unlike my poor SO, he would love some tenderloin. no idea if he ever ate some) so I focus on the cheaper parts now! :smiley: Especially for the first time, we will surely try out everything later, we aren’t that poor, we can try it out once! My SO says his Mom made heart before and I tasted it but I don’t remember. It surely was edible but maybe more liver would be better. But I’m curious so maybe some heart will be fine if they sell just a little amount, no idea, we order the first time. But I imagine it’s like at a butcher shop so we can buy a little, I visited such places 30 year ago and once a few years ago, I was pretty lost :smiley:
So, I will buy lots of trimmings (I’m sure that’s edible. my SO told me he won’t eat it, maybe a tiny bit but it doesn’t affect me, we have 4 cats anyway), some liver, maybe some heart, meaty bones for some soup (I hope my SO can play with that, I prefer grabbing some meat and fry it in no time but I do like meat soup. it’s just annoyingly satiating, when I was a kid and could eat a ton and everything and a pretty much even after I got satiated, I ate a plate of meat soup and I was full, game over, simply that. and I mean some thin soup, not some super dense one with lots of meat) and probably some neck, that sounds nice. I planned buying ribs first as I have nice memories with pork ribs but maybe next time.

I tried not to eat plants today. It was quite successful at lunch, I didn’t miss my vegetables at all, well tea and coffee and spices and the like happened but it’s still impressive considering it’s me. It was easy but I got hungry soon again (5 hours), I still was super light with plants so now I know I totally can go way over 3g/kg (lean body mass) protein in 6 hours (without eating any more I totally had to, I was so hungry, no wonder, I ate little for lunch but enough protein and my food was fatty enough). It’s not informative as I had a crazy weekend and I had only 155g meat today (well, way more than the usual zero). 100g chicken and 55g smoked pork chuck (my fav part, nice fatty). I know it’s quite bad but it was the best I could do. In 3 weeks I will have my beef unless some tragedy happens and I just can’t get proper meat until that. I carry out some better experiments later then.
Oh and now it’s definitely proven that I am actually able to eat meat more often than once a month (and a whole meal without vegetables is possible too). It was different in the last 25 years but time and people change, sometimes abruptly. My last 1-2 years were already not like the previous ones but I changed a lot in the last weeks. Maybe it’s a phase, maybe not but it probably will be permanent to some extent. We will see, I don’t control my eating without listening to my body.

I hopefully go away for days or maybe weeks again soon, I can be really addicted to food related things like forums, even worse ones than this but I plan to focus on my life now. But I will be back at some point. And I will ask about how many eggs are fine and what else to eat if we ditch plants. Maybe there are some information about that. No one can get my precious eggs from me in the near future, that’s sure. My life depends on them at the moment anyway. I technically could survive on plants but it would be pretty sad. I tried it for a few days (there weren’t many other options when I had no eggs, only LCHF plant-based diet or something too close to that), it was better than my absolute worst day when I tried low-fat (actually, it was a fat phobic high-carb day :smiley: I knew it must be hell and it was! it’s the exact opposite of what I need and people actually eat like that…) but not much better (I kind of knew that too, I just have to try things for a short while if I am sure I won’t get harmed too much. I spared my eggs for days, at least, it was nice afterwards).