Another Carnivore Thread

Dinner tonight
Suet & liver while thawing meat
Chuck steak
Fat trimmings
Beef heart

Not necessarily. Different mindset here than straight keto. The benefits are probably the same; autophagy and so on. According to that thinking then, yes I fast technically, but to me it’s not a fast because I don’t have regular eating times.

At the stage I am at actual fasting is discouraged because I need to level everything and repair the things that got me here.

I like eating that suet raw. You mentioned that you did that in a previous post and I ordered some. I like having a variety in my fats whereas I don’t really care about variety in my meats. I wonder if that’s strange? Maybe that is partly due to the 2 to 1 ration I’m doing also. Looks like you had a good day of quality, healing foods.

Hungry? For me, the cravings are gone. I’m still kind of in a bit of shock about that. I had cravings while eating certain foods doing regular keto. Now, I’m hungry in the morning and after breakfast I don’t feel like eating anything again until around 3pm. Then that’s it for the day. That gnawing hunger doesn’t happen for me now.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #265

@PortHardy These are not anabolic steroids like weight lifters and athletes sometimes abuse. I take prednisone, a glucocorticoid that’s used for immune suppression. I also take two other anti rejection drugs so my immune system won’t attack the kidney. A side effect of prednisone is elevated BG.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Yep I like suet raw as well as good quality liver. Tonight was the time trying beef heart. It was a good source so tried it raw but liked it better cooked and salted.
I’m picky about eating raw.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #267

Hi @barefootbob, @Fangs and @ReneeRC - thanks so much for your replies - actually my comment about hunger was really along the flippant lines of ‘how much food?!’ in the suggested meal plan in the link - it looked like a lot!

For the record I’m not hungry on keto, don’t have cravings and don’t snack. I’m interested in carnivore as I do eat a lot of veg (mostly brassicas) and dairy (cream, cream cheese) at the moment, and am really keen to find out the benefits and effects of carnivore on my T1D control with my own experience.

:slightly_smiling_face:

That is a massive point you just made on carnivore.

very important because you are so right. carnivore is repair. balance the body back up. shed toxins. All that must happen and by feeding the body well we give the body what it needs to do all this repair work!

Loved your post!

Will be real interesting to see how you feel after dropping the above.
those are gut busters. cause irritation etc for many. Your report on how you do once veg is out of your menu will be very interesting down the line. I can’t wait til you report on it all :slight_smile:

“… it makes no difference how fond one is of fat, he is bound to turn against it as soon as he has had all that is good for him. Of all foods, fat is preeminently the one where enough is enough.” - Stefansson

Wow, this is true. It’s easy to eat an entire bag of chips or cookies when you aren’t even hungry but oh just try to eat another mouth full of fat when your body says enough… you just can’t seem to do it.
Carbage :poop: you can eat yourself to death, literally.
Beef fat, :yum: your body will tell you when it’s done.
This is a beautiful thing and two hours later your blood sugar doesn’t crash and you don’t get false hunger signals.

Great post bob…so true.

good animal protein and fat. The body responds!

This made me think of my lab, Sheba. She is the kind of dog that would likely eat herself to death on kibble…but could she on meat?

Hungry this morning but haven’t had the opportunity to eat yet. Good thing I packed a container of ground beef, a chuck steak, and some tallow. :slight_smile:

My dog is carnivore bob.

thing is go research raw hamburger for your dog. A lady vet has a youtube thing out there I watched.

Her big dog she fed like 1-2 lbs of raw hamburger. Dog is like 12 yrs old and acts like a puppy. Her info on raw meat to her dog is very very interesting. One reason I changed my dog over.

a bit of research and you will be feeding your dog like you LOL

She would eat more to heal her body just like us but once balanced again, she would thrive on a standard amt of meat per her body weight…so…yea something to think about.

I mean we hit a steak and the dog is eating grains…makes ya wonder LOL but when I changed my dog over he just is doing so well on it for years now.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #275

I’ll keep you posted on any differences as and when I get started!

I don’t have any problems with my gut - interesting that veg and dairy have that affect on some.

ahhh, haaa, the gut problems happening you don’t see or feel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

a lot happens inside we have no clue…only times we get real clues is when the toxic buildup hits to overload and we feel or experience true troubles physically.

kinda like diabetes. silent killer. rots the veins and more. no one ever sees it happening til they have to amputate a toe, then ankle, the up into the legs and more. Eye troubles……….just an example. Not to frighten you in any way here, just a chat of what ifs we can’t see happening to us in general.

so…just saying LOL :wink: always something to consider

I feed mine a lot more meat now but they still get kibble, just not all the time. Yes, the meat has helped as my old lab gets really happy like a puppy when she gets real meat. I let her try some heart last night. They both LOVE when I share liver with them. I point out to the kids how the dogs know real proper food when they see it.
If I didn’t have kids to feed, too, then my pup would probably be all meat.

oh you are leaving kibble out as a food if they want it.

I used to do that. Left some IAMS small dog chunks out in a bowl. It would sit and sit LOL He would eat some every now and then and when he went to that bowl and I saw him eating I would feed him meat again and off that dog food he went.

Now I don’t bother. He comes to me when hungry. Sits and looks. Stares. I say you hungry? and he barks and wags and runs to his bowl. Darn thing has me trained :slight_smile:

I read it was 30 kcals per 1 lb. of body weight. I got a weeney one. Papillion. He is 13 lbs. So he doesn’t get as much as one would think.
Bigger dogs can get more expensive in meat eating :slight_smile:

Can you send me a link or name for that youtube vid?
I would love to switch my dogs if can find a good source of cheaper meat.
When I went to more meat, less kibble my old lab dropped a lot of weight and looks so much better. She’s a rescue but I think she is probably 10-12.

oh so sorry, it was like 3 yrs ago when I watched her.

if you search BARF diet for dogs (not puking here LOL it is biological appropriate raw food) you hit a ton of youtube vids on it.

Plus I only watched vet vids. In that a vet has more to say that holds with me then say a breeder feeding it…but breeders and owners have a lot to say but I always researched vets saying this is the way to go cause they gave a lot of science behind it.

hope some of that helps