Another Carnivore Thread

It’s not Carnivory Con but there is an event next month in Ga. White Oakchella at White Oak Pastures. Dr Saladino and the Armstrong Sisters are supposed to be there I think. If visitation weekends for kids line up I might go to that one.

yes you mentioned them before, I ran off and checked out their website. nice.

In Sweetwater TN on vacay I found a great dairy farm. Doing the ‘old time store’ with fresh cheeses, grass fed meats and more. I love places like this…farms that offer good products.

Drive is about 7.5 hrs from me and being holiday time I can’t fit this one in but heck if you can get there I would sure check it out and then you can come back and let us know…I would be interested, just doesn’t fall right good now for me.

:scream::scream::scream:
Hmmmm guess I gotta have something bad, though, since I cut out all the others.

I know, I know. I was thinking about that. Then I awoke, and the first thought that popped into my head was…Oxalates be damned. My Dunkin’ Dark awaits.

It is 9F here this morning, The puppy and big doggie are curled up at my feet, and my beloved Dunkin’ is steaming in the mug next to me. The 8 or so inches of snow that fell overnight makes this scene all the more Norman Rockwell-ish. Its still snowing, and looks gorgeous outside!

Managed to stay 100% on track with meals again. Scrambled eggs with ample amounts of HWC, butter and salt- and a few slices of bacon for lunch. Beef stew meat, slowed cooked, swimming in melted butter for dinner. I think I ate close to a whole stick of butter yesterday! Thankfully, those lovely boxes of rectangular prisms went on sale yesterday at Econofoods for $2.79 a box! And, I had clipped a digital coupon for $1 off 2 boxes. So…that was a steal.
I’ve got 2-3 weeks worth of beef left in the chest freezer, which is timed perfectly. In 3 weeks we should have our 2 cows back from the butcher. Hoping hubby didn’t go and sell it all!! Otherwise, another one is going to have to go bye-bye.
My body feels very satisfied and content with the meats/egg/bit of cheese menu. I’m not experiencing any cravings whatsoever now. Any twinge of anxiety over the holiday months that I was anticipating is gone. Its just a feeling of contentment and relaxation.
I’ll be overjoyed after the holidays as the majority of the family unit are committing to a ketogenic diet. The two kids that work at the ski hill are going to be the biggest challenge. They like Mtn Dew, french fries and nachos just a little too much. If I can load them bacon and eggs before work, and promise steaks after work, I am hopeful they will adhere to the plan. We shall see.

Well, off to job #1 today. Easily putting in over 40 hrs this week. Then, job #2 on the days off from job #1. Thank Carnivore for these energy levels! YAY!!!

Have a lovely day, all!!!

Since oxylates came up, here’s a really good interview with Sally Norton. I learn something every time I listen to her. This is from April but I just listened to it this morning.

(Heather Meyer) #246

Are the steroids considered an ,“anti-rejection drug” ? Why steroids specifically and not somthing else for the kidney transplant? BTW… just curious because steroids even though considered a cheap drug of choice are so hard on the body!

Yay!
" Still, there are two solid scientific reasons to believe that coffee is very low in oxalate. The first is that all reputable testing to date has demonstrated that coffee is low in oxalate . The second is the real-world experience of low-oxalate dieters who have maintained a daily coffee habit with health benefits and without signs of oxalate-related symptoms." article here - https://sallyknorton.com/oxalate-content-of-coffee/

Yup :slight_smile:, high in histamine, though.
Herbal, green and black teas are high in oxalates.

Already given up my nightly red wine, though, so I’m clinging to my coffee even if I do go full decaf. :joy:

Hang on tight! :slight_smile:

Nice, short article.
“We eat when hungry. We don’t eat when not hungry. That’s not fasting. That’s just not being hungry.”

I’m still working on this. I didn’t eat until the afternoon yesterday then, afraid of not eating enough, I ate again that evening although not actually hungry. Ended up feeling bleh and going to bed early. Eat when hungry…only when hungry.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #252

SUPER link, @barefootbob. Thank you. I am reading about carnivore with interest - I’d love to give it a go sometime, and this article is perfectly and succinctly explained. Clicked through to the meal plan too - gosh, I’m not ever going to be hungry, am I?! :rofl:

What if someone consciously, willingly fasts but is never hungry? I totally call that IF/EF. Not like it’s important, I don’t care about labels that much.
And some people has a hard time to get hungry, I imagine it happens on carnivore too, it sounds logical. The body should give some signs though even if it’s not quite hunger, I have such things. Some ketoers don’t but I don’t know what happens if they go carnivore…
But people just can’t be similar, there are always interesting, unusual cases. I like to focus on exceptions, that’s interesting.

Hunger signals are different on keto and even more so on carnivore.

It’s kind of weird. When you’re hungry you’re hungry. When you’re not, you’re just not. It’s hard to describe.

beauty of the plan. it is what nature gave us and we walked so far from it. fully fed and satisfied, all the body requires and we are never hungry to that level of crazy. Carnivore does it all!

It is…I so get this cause when I feel hungry it is never a full rage type thing…it creeps up on me. I can easily go past it also.

but then all of the sudden if I go too long I feel so empty…like super empty…everything is depleted and I need a big fuel up and do great.

True hardcore carnivores understand this feeling very well. We all get it and yet when we try to describe it you just can’t truly get that feeling across in words.

I get what you’re saying. In my case, though, if I skip breakfast and lunch it’s not a decision that I made ahead of time to fast. It’s because I was still well fueled from my last meal so I just didn’t bother.

If I skip a meal, I’m obviously satiated (I wrote in my first comment here that fasters tend to force it even being super hungry and moody but I’m not like that, I always eat when I’m hungry and have food) but it’s my decision to skip it and it may affect my previous meal, I know I should make it big enough, of course, without force.
So, my body and mind is in agreement and I decided it because it seemed logical. Me and my body are partners, it’s usually great, sometimes we disagree and as I want to win but can’t use force, I use tricks but my body have to allow those… Well it’s not very boring to be me just frustrating sometimes.

I don’t know about the right terminology then but I will keep in mind not eating isn’t fasting, at least.

I never ‘fast’ in any way other than there are long periods I don’t eat cause I am not hungry. I would never pass true hunger by on the carnivore plan and intentionally not eat when hungry. I tell ya when I am very hungry on this plan I must eat or I might go down. I hit depletion zone. I require meat and I definitely feed myself.

Can we go a long time…darn right we can :slight_smile: but when that hunger hits you know it fast. But signals can get mixed in that some ‘small’ hunger doesn’t need to be addressed cause you just really don’t want food…and remember that when one gets a ‘little hungry’ you could be thirsty. Hydration is super required with this plan.