Another Carnivore Thread

Got in just shy of 5 miles. I stopped briefly at the Veteran’s Memorial to pay my respects and they were having an event. Didn’t stay but it was nice to see.
Pausing at the Memorial is a normal part of my longer runs. All of the war lost from our area are memorialized in stone.

Still haven’t eaten today and since I just ran it’ll be a bit since I’m downing water right now. I’ve noticed my skin is a bit dry-ish in places. Not sure if it’s a hydration issue as it can’t be from lack of fat. I used to have terribly dry cracking skin and eczema outbreaks in the colder months.

I think a lot when I run, sometimes good stuff sometimes bad. Sometimes I pray, sometimes I don’t.

A thought today, although this wasn’t mine I read it somewhere. Who domesticated who? Did we domesticate grains or did wheat domesticate us?
After all, with cereal agriculture our brains shrunk, degenerative diseases set in, class structures took over setting us into haves and have nots with all the injustices and violence that came with it.
Yes, with it came the flowering of the mind, sciences, the near defeat of infectious diseases but now we have come full circle. Look around at all the inflamed faces and bodies wracked with pain and suffering. The bodies swollen from eating yet in a constant state of nutritional starvation. Look at the little kids waddling into school, their parents stuffing them on fast food and soft drinks because it’s cheaper and easier than cooking at home (not really but that’s the impression, I suppose). The current generation is looking to have a lower life expectancy than their parents. Yet, we’re still told to continue eating our kibble and all will be well. :cry:

My daughter got irritated when she told me bunnies are cute and I said bunnies are food.
We went back and forth on it and she didn’t agree with me that they are quite yummy.

I had briefly considered raising some for that purpose but I suppose I’ll have to wait until she’s grown and out of the house.

I really loved having Bullet Proof coffee when I was first doing regular keto. I started feeling really bad though and found my BP to be 145/95 YIKES!! When I quit the coffee my BP went back down to around 130 over 80 but for the last few months it’s been back to my school days of 110/70. :slight_smile:

So I do miss coffee but not at that price health-wise.

Needs repeatin’

Its 10F here today. No hot, steaming coffee would be brutal and unkind. I think I might have to go through this winter, reducing intake more and more, then eliminate it entirely next spring. I’ll be watching your journey with this, as I will surely need inspiration and reassurance it can be done!

It can be done. It’s snowing right now with a low of 15 degrees today. This time of year I’ve gotta have something hot/warm to drink. Bone broth comes in handy for that and I also drink plain hot water. I was drinking herbal teas and enjoying them during regular keto but right now I’m going without them. Love a hot cuppa something warm and yummy during cold weather. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #227

Me too! I love this so much =).

Happy Veterans Day!! :slight_smile:

@barefootbob I’m hoping to have good results with my bathroom issues too. So far there hasn’t been any change but for some folks it can get worse for a while before it gets better. I’ve noticed that some carns need at least 3 months on the diet before things get better with their poop habits.

Hamsters and other critters: My granddaughters have a pet rabbit, Thunder. I always call him “LoCarb” since he’s fair game on keto, lol.

(Susan) #229

We have a pet Guinea Pig named Whiskers -she eats a head of Romaine a day… and carrots,etc. I have to buy these vegetables for her, (and my mostly vegetarian daughters) even though I don’t eat many vegetables myself.

hysterical Renee!!!

We were farmers. We had like 125 hogs in rotation for sausage sales, about 400 laying hens for egg sales etc.

My kid gets the life cycle thankfully. She ain’t keen on it but she understands it.

So scary people think meat just jumps into foam plates and wrapped in cellophane and never do they truly put a face to what they are buying. As long as they don’t see it, it doesn’t exist.

I like knowing where my food comes from and what a farmer has to do to prepare that for the ‘grocery’ store and for sales.

I see it all from a different angle.

I love Guinea Pigs. My daughter had one when she was young. I’ve got a pic of the poor pet sitting in my daughter’s Barbie car, lol. Loved that pet and she lived until she was 8 which was fairly long for a Guinea Pig. Veggies? She adored carrots! If she heard the sound of a bag being rattled (any bag) anywhere near her she would squeal loudly to demand her fair share of carrots. Our Guinea Pig was named “Maria” but she went by half a dozen nicknames, lol. Whiskers is cute.

(Susan) #232

Nice =), Maria is cute too. My grand daughter (Gabriella is 3) and used to call her Whiskey. Whiskers is 2 I think (she is my daughter’s pet and an ex bf bought her for her).

I’ve read just keto is pretty good against gas. It’s not the same for everyone of course. I never have gas on keto at all (and very little and not problematic on other diets but even I can’t avoid the natural consequences of beans… but I never ate such things often). And people always mention lots of horribly smelly gas when one dares to eat 3 or more eggs in one sitting… ALWAYS. Well, no. My 12th egg is fine if there are not much carbs involved.
It’s sad eggs aren’t enough nutrient wise. Great but not quite there though no idea what nutrient requirements do in unusual diets. It would make things easier not to worry about certain nutrients even when I don’t want to eat much of anything else.

Piglets are very cute too. And taste great.
I know that as a vegetarian, it’s true… Well, saying it loud might not be ideal in every situation.

And if it’s death or life… I don’t have unnecessary problems with eating meat of certain species. I have my morals so I would consider what/who to kill but eating… I would totally try out various meats without a real need unlike many people who stick to the most common ones and say silly things even about normally eaten meat. Rabbit is clearly food too. People with a pet bunny eat rabbits too, it’s normal. Some of my anchestors surely had a nice friendly relationships with the same pigs they ate later, that’s a bit different but I can understand it. The pigs had some safe and not too bad life but it had a price. It’s not even a bad deal for some species when people get too numerous and there are less resources in the wild… I just hate unnecessary animal cruelty. Be it against a pet, a prey or even a wild animal.

Well said, @Shinita

(Full Metal KETO AF) #236

Carnivore Warning :warning:

Coffee :coffee: = OXALATES :skull_and_crossbones:

Your Cup-O-Joe is trying to kill you! :scream:

ey ey, you leave our coffee alone, mister!!! Herbal, green and black teas are oxalate-hell!!! :slight_smile:

Edit: coffee is problem for us, histamine intolerant :slight_smile: so are teas…but we have problems with everything :joy:

David, that’s downright mean, LOL.

CarnivoryCon

The Boulder Carnivore Conference 2020—The Second Annual Carnivore Conference , a weekend of leading edge talks on the science of plant-free diets, will take place May 23-24, 2020

boy do I wish I could get to something like this in my area.

That looks beautiful! Congrats!