Another Carnivore Thread

(Full Metal KETO AF) #181

10-15g. Per day is the standard KETO recommendation here on the forum. 3 teaspoons of salt or 15g. equals about 5g. (5000mg.) of sodium.

Operation Catch the Rat was a success. Frodo was captured raiding a cabinet. He had quite a day. His cage door is now double tied shut.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #183

Wow, that would make Carnivore pretty tough! :confused::no_entry_sign::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::no_entry_sign: :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

Yeah… not sure what to do about that. I followed the fasts for years but quit a year or two ago.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #185

Does your church do this then? Apparently you have problems that are pretty bad with sensitivity to eating plants. Does your belief allow exemptions for that?

Yes, I was Eastern Orthodox for years. Kind of stepped away from the church after the divorce and visited other churches but the Orthodox Church has a special place in my heart. There are exemptions for some things on case by case basis but I haven’t asked.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #187

I had no idea there was a vegan fast aspect to the Orthodox Church. :cowboy_hat_face:

My sensitivity to plants isn’t dire (far from it) but it’s enough to warrant me not eating them if it keeps me out of doctor’s offices and off of medications. At least not now and the longer I’m away from them the less desire I have for them. Am I carnivore for life? I don’t know but it seems to be working for me.
Funny enough, even though it was the fasting that kind of lead me to being a vegetarian for a while, I think it also gave me the discipline to be able to change my diet so drastically without so called cheat days.
My kids’ soccer team end of season party tonight was at a pizza buffet; I wasn’t even tempted and didn’t feel deprived at all. That was nice.

The r/zerocarb subreddit seems to be a pretty active group for info as well. They recommend reading The Fat of The Land and The Bear’s Writings. I’m slowly getting through the first but am going to download the second to the dreaded Kindle if there’s proper file for it.

justmeat.co has a .mobi download of the Bear’s Writings… downloaded but my kindle refuses to display it… grrrr I hate this stupid thing, give me a real book any day.

Saturday morning grocery haul.

Now…what do I cook first??? It all looks so good!

I just put a cow tongue in the crock, about to fry up some pork belly and eggs and put a chuck in the pressure cooker.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #191

I love being part of the sort of online community where I get to read things like ‘I just put a cow tongue in the crock’!

:cut_of_meat::trophy::raised_hands:

Hang around, I’ll be making burger buns out of chicken later this weekend. :joy:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #193

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on my screen then, so as not to miss out on what sounds like keto alchemy!
:eye:

The wizard hat goes on when I try to get my middle child to eat cow tongue later…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #195

Maybe a ridiculous question here Bob but did you put the file in the document folder? I’ve been using a kindle fire for years. I don’t think I had any problems with .mobi files on my kindle. There are free file format conversion apps I think, I seem to remember using one before. Been a long time. You have to load them through another computer into the Kindle. I don’t think you can download the file directly on the Kindle if memory serves. :cowboy_hat_face:

Yep. I put it in there with others I had downloaded. Guess I’ll just read the pdf version. I had downloaded to the pc then transferred. Did the same with Fat of The Land and some other books in the past.

It must have just been an issue with the .mobi file. I downloaded the epub and converted it myself and that one shows up when I put it on the kindle.

FYI, tried some chuck in the pressure cooker today. It was small, 1.6lb bone in, and it was far better than the sous vide in my opinion. Once on the plate I topped it with some tallow. Cook time of 15 and did a quick pressure release instead of gradual. Downside is a little more “done” than I like but tender and tasty.

Do you have a link to The Bear’s Writings on pdf? I actually like pdfs, Please share :slight_smile:

(Mazzy ) #199

Thank you, @fas. Much appreciated.