Another Carnivore Thread

Thanks, I almost never drank it in my life and it’s in the soup category so it didn’t cross my mind… I need to wait 2 weeks for that (and it still will be more like meat soup as I couldn’t get proper bones for this purpose. one must be super quick, the farm is popular) but I will remember this as a nice option :slight_smile: Egg milk is soup category too, it’s hard to find close to zero calorie warm drinks… I will have my tea and slightly warmed water for most of my day then. I make my tea collection bigger. I even have some leftover Lapacho. It’s subtle and I’ve read everywhere that people drink it as medicine. I drink it for its taste but nice effects are welcome. But I prefer tea leaves.
I definitely keep some of my fav plants. Like tea. Never seemed to cause any harm.

(Daisy) #1435

I had a 1.75 lb chuck roast split into 2 meals (6 am and 11 am) with some added beef fat to the second. Not hungry this evening.
My anxiety this evening is off the charts. I haven’t had it this bad in a long, long time. My chest hurts, it’s so bad. I’m super edgy and trying hard not to snap at my family (failing miserably)
I’m very curious to know what caused it. I took 2 goldenseal root pills with my 6 am meal. But I wouldn’t think that would do it. I didn’t get sick after my morning half, but did after the second, so I may need to cut back on the added fat a bit.

@Ketodaisy I’m so sorry you are having those anxiety issues, grrr! I’ve never tried goldenseal but some supplements will make me all edgy. I hope you can find a way to relax, hon. {{hugs}}

yea I dropped supps. I did get edgy and more on them. I don’t do well with ‘supps’ of any kinda. But I got that personality of not ever wanting to be a pill taker of any kind LOL

hope you feel a lot better!!

(Daisy) #1438

I don’t like to take any pills either, my husband is always on me that I should just take immodium, but I refuse to take meds. I’m more willing to do natural remedies, like the clay or charcoal or natural supplements. But they’re not helping either, so I’m gonna try au natural again and just hope to adapt soon

Daisy. Did you see @Fangs post in another thread where she advised another person to try other sources of protein and eliminate beef (as a test)?

Has that been covered in this thread?

Hat tip to @barefootbob letting us explore these subtopics in his thread.

(Daisy) #1440

Lol I will be honest and say I thought I put that one post in the challenge thread… oops!

I’ll go back and read her other reply again

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1441

I think Bob meant this to be a general nonspecific thread related to all or anything Carnivore for discussion. Am I correct Bob? :cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cowboy_hat_face:

I’m game for just about anything mostly carnivore related. I don’t think of it as “my” thread at all. I’m just the OP.

@Fangs Another nice thing about no supplements is all the $$$$$ I’m now saving. :smile:

oh yes I hear that R~! Money to buy meat :slight_smile:

I am unable to take supplements. Even if I find them a good idea (rare) and try, it just doesn’t happen. But I am all for making my diet good enough! I still don’t look up a normal day nowadays on Chronometer but I will one day. I don’t even know what a normal day is, my meat intake is all over the place. But usually very low. The mutton stew was great but little. 16 days until we can go to get my biggest ruminant meat order ever (it’s the third time), I have some chicken liver, some smoked pork chuck (sooo yesterday since I tasted ham but it’s still meat. I need to think about new recipes as it’s too salty alone and I don’t want to eat it with scrambled eggs), a tiiiny bit of ham and a tiny bit of fish until then. I go to the city next week so I get more ham. Maybe eggs too, I start to run out of them again. We have cheese but it never will be a staple, not even temporarily. I hope it’s the last such time, I don’t eat my old non-egg food items or just a tiny bit, I need meat. And it’s my most exciting food so it needs to help my eggs for multiple reasons, nutrition and variety/fun/whatever makes me not getting tired of eggs.

Maybe I will be stricter when I will get my beef (and try out carnivore with significant meat consumption for several days, I never had that. I doubt I need it but I am always curious about such things. of course it won’t be much meat but I won’t be super careful with my allowance) but my new default is eating whatever I want and have, no limits (well, except the ones I can’t defy). I changed so I continue my least carby period ever, I am just free. It works very well this far, my body behaves exactly the same as on my second carnivore trial. I feel okay, hunger and appetite is mostly in the past and I get satiated extremely quickly so I usually have a few smaller meals or a bigger and a tiny, very rarely it’s OMAD but that’s rare. No desire towards vegetables, most sweets and usually anything else edible. I eat mostly because I have to or because I am curious how a new food turned out. I hope it changes a bit soon, it’s abnormal especially for a hedonist. Of course my food is enjoyable but still.
But I am quite pleased with the changes in the last months. When I eat more plants or more carbs (lactose. it never really much but normally I stay extremely close to zero), those days serve as experiments. It seems that if I stay close to carnivore or extreme low-carb (I never noticed it matters if I eat plants if they contain very little carbs) or if I don’t but it’s for a single day, things don’t change. I had the same on low-carb, I could break my personal carb limit for a day without problem but only if I didn’t go too far and it was one day, not several. Now I have the same, with a much smaller carb limit (and “problem” means something totally different. I don’t get unwell if I still stay below my old limit, I just get hungrier and gets random desires). I didn’t find problematic items this far and I actually tried some totally not keto-friendly food as well (strict times quite naturally cause that later, my rebellious self still has some strength but not really much). I didn’t try a significant amount of vegetables as I just don’t want them at all. So no idea what would happen then. Or if I ate 50g peanuts. I won’t try that for the sake of experiment, I am quite happy I got rid of that addiction right away when I had my carnivore trial (and run out of peanuts, we still didn’t buy any tasty ones so no idea if I can get tempted in some circumstances. It’s super easy to feel no desire when I don’t have the item, only very strong, real addictions work differently. It was the “I eat it if I have it and get tempted” type).
I wouldn’t be here without this topic now, that’s sure.
My weight is always 11 stone but I’m obviously losing fat, it just can’t be shown this quickly.

I got carried away, sorry. I totally use this topic for thinking and analyzing things sometimes. I do it anyway but writing often help, I realize more things. Probably due to spending more time on it.

But it will be less exciting from now on, I expect stability and only small changes. So I won’t think about these things so much.

(Ashley) #1447

Finding out I prefer cold ground beef compared to
Cooked :thinking:

interesting. a few have gone that route :slight_smile: I never hit it, still like mine hot.
it is amazing how we all change on zero carb, it’s a great thing finding how we love to eat our best!

I didn’t even reached the ground beef phase yet, I wonder if I will.
People are into ground beef in this country too but I never was. I like stews and soups, meat in small cubes, cooked until it becomes tender. I fry softer meat. It’s enough this far. And I have my egg-something flatbreads, I used cod today. My somewhat new, pretty and strong blender set is wonderful. I never tested it on beef slices though… I don’t have the usual tool to make ground beef and I won’t get one.

I’ve been doing this a while now. It sits much better with my stomach when it’s cold.
I love to precook burger patties, too, and eat them cold topped with tallow.

(Ashley) #1451

I think I’m going to start making enough for multiple days and chill then as well :slight_smile:

Goodness people, 3 days without a post here??? :laughing:

Hope y’all are doing well.

Sorry, I went and wrote about my problematic times and possibly strange ideas a lot…

I had nothing to say here. I had bumps on the road. Well, almost complete lack of meat, it makes carnivore super hard even for single days. But as carbs just makes me starving and I refuse to eat most plants anyway (no desire and no point in that), I do what I can. Yesterday I waited until i got hungry, ate 7 eggs, 5 yolks, some dairy and a really tiny bit of meat (it still became a dirty carnivore day out of necessity but it’s good enough in my books, especially now). Now I almost run out of eggs too and won’t have more until Friday… Even my only working plant option (I am willing to eat it and it’s satiating and not too carby) is lacking. But I still have chicken liver, frozen egg whites and a bit of this and that… More than enough cheese too. I will manage.
Then I will buy some fish in the city on Saturday or something. And smoked pork, of course. I got bored of it fried (I mean the chuck, the ham is perfect every way) and it was too salty too so I made some broth of it. Is it a valid thing? Not like it matters to me. It tasted very nice and the meat lost most of its salt and became tender. I will do broth all the time, I like soups and it’s perfect for my poached eggs (I used to put them into my onion soups but well, I just don’t do vegetable soups anymore, it seems. I planned, we have vegetables and my SO likes them but it just didn’t happen. But he cooked beetroot soup with potatoes and lentils on the weekend so he’s fine. Now we both are bad at cooking for the other but it still works somehow and we still have some common ground left. Very tiny regarding soups, though). Next time I will put some chicken liver in my broth too, what could possibly go wrong?

10 days until I can get my beef. Things will get a bit easier then.

So I just can’t go back. I did vegetarian keto for so long without big problems. It was a bit tricky and I went off keto a lot (as that felt about the same but was easier) but it was nice while lasted. But now, if I don’t have meat, I am doomed, miserable and hungry (until I either massively overeat or make sweets to put enough egg protein into me or something. eating tons of gluten works too). If my freezer will have space after I put the meat in, I order more next time (I need to do my best to reduce the amount of frozen fruits there). Once per month is a serious restriction. There was an option for roosters with a nice timing (I’ve just run out of mutton and had much space) but I didn’t look at their page for a day… Maybe I will try the allegedly local farm pork in the hypermarket. Or ask my relative, she sometimes get some pork from a house but that’s once a year. The “beef” farm has pork once or twice a year too. The pig farm usually only sells live piglets and smoked stuff as far as I know.
Well, I’ve just started, I am sure it gets better later. And it’s not like I need much meat. Just some. Not this… 0.1 pounds per day in average I have in these weeks. That’s close to nothing. 0.4, I can work with that. I can add some more smoked pork and especially fish, I just need good recipes (already working on it) as a fried lean fish is pretty boring, simple frying only works with great stuff like salmon. My SO would have problems with eating meat all the time, not like it has so much to do with my eating. But probably I couldn’t eat lots of meat all the time either. No idea, never could try and I am changing. Once I got bored of ruminants for some days (along with eggs, that was tough) but not all meat in general.

But it’s quite okay now, I seriously focus on my carb intake and as long as it’s low, that annoying starvation feeling is out of question. And I have barely enough to eat (enough is the key word) so I am fine. But I don’t always like challenges, I need some smooth sailing already.

My SO isn’t predictable. I thought he is. I told him I am thinking about making a “lard cake” (more like an egg one but lard must be included) and he, the big lard and tallow hater told me I shouldn’t tell him it is that so he can try it without prejudice. Wow. Now I am more motivated.
My not-quite-mayonnaise gave me the idea, it is so pretty! I still dislike mayonnaise, I think but if I drastically reduce the amount of fat and use lard, it’s nice. I used 40g lard and one egg yolk first, I ate it but it’s still very fatty (and it’s a too big amount anyway. but there is no such thing as half a yolk). But the taste (mustard and maybe a tiny bit of lemon juice, the one made from orange-ish colored lemon, it’s way tastier than normal lemons), the texture, the softness/hardness and the fact I just need to mix them with a spoon… I really liked it. It’s as pretty as my Mom’s vanilla frosting, I must make a cake with it, it’s fun. The sponge cake is easy, it will be egg only, it should work. I love pretty cakes and funny, it’s-not-what-it-seems things too :slight_smile: And triangle cake slices look fabulous too. I always liked my food pretty though it’s secondary and my skills aren’t very good. But I can learn a bit.