Android app!?!?

(Tara) #1

In general, I’ve been a happy samsung user. But when I went Keto, I started to get agitated that many of the apps I see people using are Apple. Can anyone tell me a good fasting app!? I’m using night fast, but I really have to overlook a lot of elements that are not user friendly.

I use fastrac. I cost 2 bucks. It works well.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

I use Vora, it’s great. Android app.

(Allie) #4

Vora is both iOS and Android and it’s great.

(bulkbiker) #5

what exactly does a fasting app do?
that a clock or watch doesn’t?
I’m genuinely curious…

(Allie) #6

Just makes it easier.
With Vora it not only times the fast, but also tells you how long it’s been since your last fast which is helpful when watching eating windows.

It also does this -

And this -

And this (which as you can see I don’t use) -

(bulkbiker) #7

oh ok…
I’ll stick to my spreadsheet I think…:grinning:

(Allie) #8

Work is for spreadsheets, I can’t be dealing with them outside work too :anguished::joy:

(bulkbiker) #9

I’m lucky enough to be retired so I was missing them until I got diagnosed with Type 2 now they are my personal healthcare tool…:wink:

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Another vote for Vora. I like if you forget to tell it to stop you can go in and edit it. I use it on an iphone.

There is a good free app for IFing. Zero, it is not great for extended fasting but Kevin Rose, he cofounded Digg and some other startups, wanted an easy way to track his intermittent fasting, so it is perfect for IFing tracking.

I mix up my IF and EX fasting so Vora serves me better.

(Mark) #11

What is EX? New to that term.

(Doug) #12

“Extended” - the same as “EF” here.

(jamy) #13

Vora would top my list. Also do check this shakespeare converter tool. It’s useful. It is available on android.

(Kell) #14

Vora was great but now it crashes if you try and edit your fast, don’t know what happened to it but a lot of complaints about that online. Too bad, so if you want to edit your fast, I have to delete it and start over.

(Matthew Friend) #15

I like Vora (still have it on my phone) but now I’m using the fasting section built into Cronometer. It’s more of a basic fasting ‘app’ but since I already log my food in Cronometer it makes it easier to keep track of. Cronometer has a lot of good features for keto (net carb tracking and all that).

(Yas) #16

I used Zero on android. It is a simple app with just enough options to fulfill my need to change settings.

(Ryan Roy) #19

I think BodyFast is an amazing app to try esp when you’re a beginner.

(Ryan Roy) #20

This should work

(Ryan Roy) #21

it is!

Most of the macro trackers have them… however, fasting apps are a scam. Just don’t eat. If you’re not going to eat until 1:00p, then set an alarm or something. An app accomplishes nothing.

I checked the Playstore, there’s (literally) multiple pages of apps calling themselves fasting apps.