All Animal August---Triple A

PSMF is plain impossible to me, I just have zero or negative appetite, I still need my lots of fat :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I haven’t read back yet…

Yesterday I got hungry early and already ate after 3pm, had 2 meals and a tiny not so long after the second. Around 2000 kcal. No appetite, almost no joy from food so I ate some from everything, well a bit more pancakes but it wasn’t a fully carnivore day, that would have required forcing myself. But close enough.

Today my no appetite and no joy continued but for some reason, lunch sounded better than fasting so I had lunch. My salmon spread was the big exception, I enjoyed that :smiley: But even my pork is boring, I think I need a break. Normally I make a roast, eat it and eat something else but I kept making pork lately. Next time in the city I will buy some beef as I don’t want birds or organs and not very much into egg dishes either.

It’s 9pm and I am still quite satiated, interesting. Didn’t track yet but I doubt I ate very much.
My sleep was off and I am a tired zombie now, it surely doesn’t help with my appetite and even hunger.

So I have a new pattern, OMAD, TMAD, OMAD… I probably eat close to my energy need on TMAD days and way less but still not very little on OMAD days. I am basically pleased, I even get hungry sometimes (not every day) but I want my joy back eventually. Maybe my appetite too but enjoying my food is more important.

Poor Alvaro dutifully eats the bad turkey liver and pâté, I don’t.
Today I ate some eggs, salmon spread (1.5% salt and I feel it way too salty… very flavorful too so I mix it with sour cream and sometimes boiled egg yolks. it’s great in deviled eggs, in pancakes and in sponge cakes… it wasn’t really ON due to the weird shape and the air pocket inside :D), pork and even chicken (nope, I don’t like normal chicken at all).

I made broth (very useful at triggering appetite and hunger, I really need that now). It seems the goose necks improved my chicken soup :wink: But it got ready so late (and I ate so early) that I barely tasted it. It will be nice! Just like the salmon spread (a package is 100g, it’s enough for 3 days). So I am hopeful I will like tomorrow’s food better. But it’s always harder when I have my break from pork (I probably will eat some but not much. unless my desire toward it comes back. next time I will make stew right after a roast, not another roast…).

My very low supplies regarding interesting extra items (and I got even bored with my dry sausage, I actually have a few slices of it) surely doesn’t help. I go shopping in 5 days, probably.

I added back cheese as I need all help when I only can stomach a little from everything (a bit more from eggs. and sometimes pork. not today). 20g a day. I wouldn’t touch Gouda but we have a tad more interesting stuff in my eyes. Similar but tastier.

So I make things work :slight_smile: My no fun times never can last for long, my hedonist self makes sure of that! But enjoying food isn’t among my top concerns right now. Lucky.

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

It never worked like this in my case… My body still want its decent amount of food… Some people more or less starve on keto due to too easy satiation (or something else. it’s way harder for me to eat my normal food when I am quite satiated while it’s ridiculously easy with desserts. even carnivore ones. and I mean real desserts, not meat for dessert, that’s not dessert to me).

Apropos dessert, Alvaro has the same attitude as many people here: if it’s some nice treat in the end of the meal, it’s dessert. It doesn’t matter it’s salty and normal food like meat…

Okay, okay, I confess too. I ate multiple kinds of fruit on most days this far. In ridiculous amounts, of course. And I need my sweetened pancakes when I simply can’t stomach anything else and I am hungry (I always can drink another eggy-creamy coffee too but I already use that). No regrets and it works well enough but I am stubborn and doesn’t want that. I am happy my salmon spread works just as well now. Well, better as I doesn’t even enjoy the mentioned stuff at all. It never happened before.

But I do it well enough considering my circumstances now. I plan to make things stricter, that’s the default, I only relax my ways when I just don’t see a better option.

In the very beginning the pig farm lard was so nice and exotic that I did that :smiley: It didn’t last long.
I still like to eat butter alone but it’s 1-2g as I don’t need that, it’s just a lil enjoyment when I use butter for something and start to get hungry… But I have some nice fat bombs like the Very Fatty Pork Thing (pork jowl)… Or whipped cream, sour cream, mascarpone, oh those are good and dairy is fine for me.

(Karen) #43

4.45am stair running then nice bath and off to work. Spent the day running back and forth to the wings picking up lads for the video link. Ended up having to give evidence in court myself ! Haha some things never fail to amaze me. One of the lads refuses to go to court first thing and the judge comes on to the video link and still give s the lad an opportunity to attend via the link. Talk about giving him so many opportunities … I would have just dealt with him without him being there but hey ho I am not the judge … in the end they had to do just that but heavens how many opportunities does one person get, I bet had it been me in court for doing bad things they would have just thrown away the key!

Brunch was the cold chop up steak from yesterday plus a few rashers of bacon. Then later I tucked into some corned beef and chorizo.

Home for about 6 and found my kitchen 8nvaded by dozens of horrible flies!! Arghh where had they come from … took me ages to get them all out bar a couple or so which were a bit faster on their feet at avoiding my efforts!

So I eventually sat down and started tucking into the last pack of cheddar from Tebay. Hasnt taken me long to get through the packs my daughter bought me :blush:

Is it tasty at least? It’s somewhere below 1$ here and I found it too pricy for something that I consider cat food as it’s mostly skin and bones, I can’t do anything with tiny chicken wings… okay, some part has a little meat but it’s still just chicken! Turkey wings, well that’s another matter :smiley: Bigger, tastier…

I wonder if I was/am a CICO people… CICO (the real, complicated one) always works (for Alvaro the simple too) and eating little (but not too little) is my big goal as it should - but I never respected my limits. If I am hungry, I eat. On carnivore it’s enough to choose good items and everything gets sorted out under normal circumstances. I think. It’s not like I lost fat this far except ~1kg in November.
But whenever I read about insane starvation diets, I don’t understand. We need food even when losing fat… And we are big mammals, we need A LOT! Even with a cute deficit, we need so much food, no need to play with tiny nothings (and just not eating sounds way more pleasant and healthy to me anyway… to some extent, not for long, obviously)…
Most starved person would drool about anything with calories… Or not, some people are very “successfully” anorexic and my body turns off appetite without food for a while…

Welcome, @Shatz! :smiley:

It’s serious starving after fat adaptation too…
Fasting is a different matter but fat adaptation doesn’t help everyone with that either. I fasted way more on high-carb, well it’s actually logical, my body had enough of high-cal days here and there I suppose…

Surely it won’t continue for long… Or if it will (I heard about people who just couldn’t eat NEARLY enough on very low-carb), hopefully changes will be made to stop it :slight_smile: I had 500-1000 kcal days here and there in the beginning if I remember correctly… My average still was over 1600 kcal as I just can’t go below. But occasional crazy days happened. When I STUFFED myself with fatty stuff multiple times a day and nope, it was super low-cal… Surreal.
But the body learns. Or the one in question learns what items to choose…

It’s a bad idea for some of us to eat only when hungry… What Fangs wrote, offering some nice meat to the body and let’s see what happens, that easily can prove very useful. I had times when I wasn’t hungry or tempted but suspected I need food (or felt it) and after a bite my hunger and appetite emerged. If I would have problems with eating enough, I would keep offering food when not hungry, would continue to eat when not hungry anymore (I actually do that)… Not ideal but sometimes things aren’t that and we still need to eat well.

Surely not for everyone. I never have much energy. Not on low-carb, not on keto, not on carnivore (not on high-carb either but I never do that nowadays). I think it’s a personal thing. And I may not do everything right (energy is not all about eating, after all. I need exercise, fresh air, good sleep, little enough stress etc.) but even when most of it is okay, I have low-ish energy. Yeah, pure carnivore for really long-term, I never did that but I really doubt that would help but I couldn’t do that anyway. Carnivore-ish long term with rare off days (still quite low-carb if comfortably possible), that’s my plan. It doesn’t happen but it will eventually, I suppose. But I do have more energy when I lower my carbs, it seems. A bit.

(Linda ) #45

It’s been raining so much here the last couple of days but I think cooking the roasts and keeping busy seem to help I just don’t get hungry and don’t think about food when busy.

@Shinita I’m going the opposite of you I think when my meat is really tasty warm juicy and fatty I tend to want more of it than when its cold out of fridge or just cooled down I don’t have the interest as much so I’m eating for nutrition at that point not brain pleasure I guess so I don’t over eat and tend to walk away more…maybe I’m actually learning more about me haha… interesting love these conversations…

Does anyone use an air fryer?

I currently cook steak on the stove in ghee, but I am debating moving to an air fryer. Just wondered if any of the regular carnivores have one / use one?

(Edith) #47

I have one and love it!!!

(Linda ) #48

@Septimius I got a ninja grill xl because I grill so much it has air crisp same thing? Except can only cook one layer at a time …I have used it nearly every single day
cept days I’ve cooked roasts and even better if I don’t take something out I can cook it from frozen…

I hated my stove being coated in grease from cooking bacon and steaks …this tends to stop that …but there has been times I’ve had to clean grease that drips off the lid when I’ve cooked 2lbs of bacon at a time lol

I’ve been tempted to buy a air fryer as well but I do have a convection main oven as well as the ninja grill…so im still deciding do I really need that as well…

It is very hot and humid here. 90F is live-able, but the humidtity coupled with all the smoke from the fires out west —really heavy air and miserable. Work the day shift today. Hit the ground running at work,and got a lot done. Been staying nearly 100% carnivore for August. ( I know, I know…its only the 4th…LOL!) Coffee is not carnivore, so, that’s how we end up at NEARLY 100%. I fasted from last night around 7pm to 1:30pm today. Felt super energetic. Had some eggs, ground beef, beef salami and cheese for dinner. Going to chug a lug some H2O and maybe go to bed early.

It looks like everyone is finding their mojo. I feel like I’m turning the corner from rebellion into mojo, and just need to get back in my old routine of exercise, coffee, fasting and Carnivore/OMAD. I know it works, and works well. Just gotta stick to it! YEAH!

OTAY…Hittin’ the floor for some planking now…have a good one, all!

(Edith) #50

I use my air fryer almost everyday.

Everything I’ve cooked in the air fryer has turned out really good, especially if it’s a fatty cut: chicken thighs, fish, pork chops, wings, even pork tenderloin. I’ve heard bacon turns out fabulous, but I haven’t tried that, yet.

I tried hamburgers (they were tough) and steak. I’ve only done that once. I thought it was fine, but I’d have to do it again to refresh my memory. I do like that all the grease is contained in the air fryer and it’s easy to clean.

It takes longer than frying up on the stove, but less time than cooking in the oven.

(Daisy) #51

Use is an understatement. Cannot live without it. The order of the things I love most in this world: God. My kids and my husband. My air fryer. My bed.

(Daisy) #52

@Azi I also have the ninja foodi grill. Her name is Gretel and she is my bestest friend.

Today’s meals: omelette made with 2 normal eggs and 2 of my new baby leghorn eggs. They’re so tiny! And bacon. Then a chicken breast, small burger, and psmf toast. Then a shoulder steak.
image image image image image

Breakfast with friend at a city cafe. 3 scrambled eggs with truffles and parmesan cheese. 1 x black coffee with cream. Interestingly I am hungry 2 hours later. I asked the cook to scramble them in butter but they said that they cook for vegans as well so only use vegetable oil in the pan. And I said, “But eggs…” They didn’t seem to grasp the paradox. I think eggs cooked in butter or bacon fat are much more satiating. The coffee was nice. But the suburb was still being gentrified, so full of cafe culture vegetarian do-gooders. Did not see bacon on the menu.

(Edith) #54

We have a brand of pork rinds here that deep fries them in sunflower oil. As if that’s a good thing.:woman_facepalming:

But, on the side of the restaurant, there are vegetarians who eat eggs, so cooking the eggs in vegetable oil would still keep them vegetarian.

(Daisy) #55

Had my cholesterol panel done at the dr appointment Tuesday since it was the only test my insurance pays for. Just got the results back. They will be calling me today.

Edit: lol as I was posting this, I got an alert of an update.

Thanks for the air fryer responses - I think I am convinced!

Now to baffle myself with all of the different options available. :see_no_evil:

@Ketodaisy
wow…pulling great numbers! So happy you are doing so well KD…you keep on doing your good carnivore ways! It seems to love you for sure!

@FrankoBear
‘cook for vegans’…that is an oxymoron or ironic or ?? whatever it is it is OH SO WRONG when ya think about it…LOL…a restaurant ‘trying to cater’ to all but think vegan as their more important set up, use oil vs butter, use coconut milk vs. real cream and more…A real person would end up starving at that restaurant as you did real fast after, yes good animal fat is a key to life :slight_smile: Glad you had a nice time with your friend tho…I suffer places like that for other’s eating out then I go home or stop along the way home and get real meat! :wink:

@SecondBreakfast, never say you are not carnivore!! You are…coffee is a drink, relaxed carnivore allows coffee easily if you do good on it cause it is just a drink…we chat carnivore it is all about the food meals you eat!

Yes your personal routine works SO well for you…you get back on it cause once there you will be reminded daily of how well you do on that plan that suits you and how you feel great…sending big good mojo vibes your way!!!

-----------------today is seafood heavy
I got a hankering. I want tuna, sardines, shrimp for sure today. I just want it and by george I am gonna have it. Got a small ribeye steak to eat with it all and my bulk pork ribs in the fridge as backup of course but will focus on those tomorrow I think. I need to be seafood’d big time. I am maybe having to go out on some errands later and if out, I will scope out crab leg prices, hmm, AM I worth a small bit of crab for that high cost it is now? I will be thinking on that LOL Yea I am worth it so if out and about my crab might go down but right now I am fine with a big mess of shrimp.

I am not an egg person anymore but all the talk of eggs and seeing omelet pics and more…darn me thinking I want some now.

I dropped all cheese in my life except just a bit of American on a burger patty…which heck I don’t eat those a ton as much any more either but last night…OMG I wanted a great big ol’ hunk of fresh sharp cheddar when I ate some salami slices and I almost ran to the store to buy cheese! But I didn’t, cause heck who wants to drive to a darn store and buy 1 item cause you are wanting it, not me HAHA But next shop trip I might buy up a small big old hunk of fresh sharp cheddar and enjoy but the last small brick I had I ended up throwing out like 3/4 of the darn thing cause I didn’t want it. I don’t eat alot of cheese anymore. huh

ok off to get the Triple A day rollin’ :slight_smile:

ZC on full speed ahead all…Everyone is doing so great in their lifestyle, so into how many good benefits they are getting, WE KNOW we feel great and more…keep the plan and keep the faith!

(Edith) #58

I suggest to look for ease of keeping it clean.

Feels so good to wake up, go out and check the birdies and cows, have a coffee out on the deck, and play with puppy! Its kind gloomy looking outside, but, the air is cooler today and there is a breeze from the up corming storm.
I work afternoons today, then back to day shift tomorrow. Trying VERY hard to get my body to assimilate to the wonky schedule. The OMAD schedule has me actually feeling hungry around 430pm, so, I think we can make it work.

Thawed some hamburger last night, so I’ll make some patties today, take 1 or 2 to work this afternoon, and a couple tomorrow. The challenge lies in working in a mealtime amongst everyone else’s schedules at work.

I’ve got a lot on my mind right now concerning new mandates at work, price increases, kids…ya know…life. So, Gonna sign off now, do some planking, and get energized for the shift. Take care, everyone. SB

remember only one thing, eat ALL the carnivore food you need at all times to get you ‘back to your’ good area that suits you and if you require just that then do it…never ever be hungry on this plan or think I must ‘adhere’ to what I was doing best on…you took steps to get there ya know and if off a bit, you might need more food to get ya back there on your best eating pattern!

I know you know this LOL

but never be hard on you ya know…like you said life is big for each of us but at all times never be hungry thru how our lives direct us :slight_smile:
Happy to see ya back and posting up again!!!

Hope that leg issue is good and you are feeling all full of pizz and vinegar to move forward!

LOL! Yep. There are things that test my metal daily, but, I just get stronger. I’m a little quieter, a little more thoughtful, more focused, less words & more action. Oh yes, the pizz and vinegar runs strong through these veins.

The leg gets sore, but I am working through it. @Fangs - thank you for being such an encouragement. Truly, a blessing you are!!!