All Animal August---Triple A

(Karen) #21

Brunch 1 frying steak 2 eggs and bacon.
Dinner (at work) a bunch of lamb chops and a few slices of chorizo

Good day at work home early-ish at 9.45pm.

Off tomorrow Yay

Still satiated bliss at midnight. I ate little meat today but it worked with OMAD. Yay.
But tomorrow will be a meaty day and I even plan to start with meat! I almost never did it before.

I wake up and go to bed earlier now, I don’t think I should wait until the evening to eat, it doesn’t seems to work anyway. I will experiment when I just won’t want food until that time but I think the tiniest borderline soft hunger after 4pm will be my cue. It’s early enough not to worry if I don’t want more than a small meal.

So that is my plan for the near future. It’s the best I can do now. I diligently track now (unreliable fatty meat or not) to ensure I eat the right amount even without a good enough feedback system.

(Daisy) #23

August! Where has the time gone? My youngest started cross country practice today, so my routine is getting flip flopped upside down. Plus I’m trying to get back into the routine of exercising and get back to my lean days with fat refeeds. Plus made a promise to my husband that I’ll help him outside more in the evenings. Today was absolute insanity. Here were yesterday and today’s meals.

Yesterday was a 4 part omad. We didn’t get home until an hour later than planned and I was ravenous. So I ate some jerky while I started cooking. Put the steaks on the smoker and made my new obsession: bacon omelette. Then I made halloumi (only cheese I will eat in August). Then my steak was ready to sear.
image image image

Today, I got up a little before 6, packed my husband’s lunch, did a 15 minute workout in the garage before starting work at 6:30. Worked for an hour and made a quick omelette. Drove my daughter to cross country, then to the office and worked until she was done. Dropped my husband’s glasses off to get checked at the eye dr on my way to get her from practice. Drove home and back to work. Made the tiny steak my daughter had cut off her sirloin yesterday and a small salmon filet. Then a couple hours later, a tiny chicken breast and another small salmon filet. Washed 2 loads of laundry while working. Got off work a little before 5, called the insurance company to find out what they’ll cover at my wellness check tomorrow. Then went outside and did manual labor until 9. Came in, fixed dinner for the family, hung up all of the dress clothes that I had washed today, now I’m going to do my push-ups and go to bed! Just to repeat it all every day this week! :sweat:
image image image

@Ketodaisy as always you pics are amazing! I truly love seeing them.
Your day is jammed packed and with your DD doing X country you got your routine screwed more right? Good thing you are carnivore for the energy you need to get thru your day :slight_smile: I enjoy your posts! Such an active all in person in life and doing their thing! Cool

@Karen18, home early? around 10 at night? geez…but I think you are doing 12? hr shifts at your job? I bet your retirement day can’t come fast enough now but when farming full time plus full time jobs we also didn’t ‘have early nights’ ever in our lives so I get it! We were on call 24/7 for it seemed like a gazillion years, lol…woof, glad I am passed that now in a way, my retirement showed me truly how darn hard we were actually working each minute :wink:

@OldDoug, great post…got the salmon and cod in the wings for your seafood bonanza following some delish short ribs…oh man short ribs are the bomb…you are eating great!

@Azi, plaster finish…can you ‘pick like a color range’ and have it dark blue or light blue or ? Like do they give you options on that? And heating, wow…you are going to have an all in ‘resort’ ready pool in your backyard…I am jelly on that big time LOL

-----------SO August is going great in that I am eating those ribs again tonight and ‘might’ finish off or have 1 more meal from them and I have to say that ‘don’t have to cook’ just in the fridge and a minute to the plate is wonderful. BULK cooking is getting sweeter and making life a ton easier on me…thanks all for mentioning how it works well for you and I seem to be going that way and love this bandwagon ease of my carnivore lifestyle!

BUT DARN I was gonna batch bulk cook chicken wings for a side dish kinda to other stuff I make and the prices have jumped! Remember they were darn near free…lol…to 1.99/lb to $2 something and into the $3 and I went to buy a big family pack and it was $4.69/lb for friggin’ chicken wings? WTH? I gasped and it takes alot for me to gasp HA
Come one…yikes, I didn’t buy them. They were to be a side and not a main so I said put those bucks on better meat than this stuff…ugh…

today is leftover pork and thinking 2 big cheeseburger patties.
got sardines for extra or some bacon if wanted etc.
For me I am never without options on my carnivore lifestyle when required!

Keep the wonderful posts coming cause we all here are loving this lifestyle and don’t mind chatting about it or showing off wonderful cool pics!

Show that big ol’ slab of meat from KetoDaisy’s post to a ‘low kcal, low fat’ person and they would drool while they eat a few shreds of lettuce and a carrot HA (ok I should not diss on CICO people, but yea I will cause I was one of them and then learned big truths HA)

Rock on ZC style!

Thank you @Fangs for inviting me into your community. Im day one of my 60 days trial of 0-carb/carnivore. So I have alot of little annoying questions, and noone to ask but you guys.

I will read the thread, and get to know you all better, but my consern today is: ive eaten tenderloin, butter and salt, to the amount of 600 cals today, i am satiated, and energized. Ive doubled my walks today out of pure good feeling, and im still not wanting more food. Im used to keto, and not eating on the clock but from hunger.

So, how will this end? Will i ruin my metabolism? I have plenty of fat 60 pounds excess, and my TDEE is 1700 cals.

Welcome! ALL carnivore channel, all the time HA

@Shatz, OK remember, ANY carb from an egg or liver or shrimp mean nothing…so we never ‘count carbs’ ever!!! So we are ALL about animal kingdom, but we got that weirdo category of ‘dairy’.

So zero carb is no plant carbs ever. Trace thru a few bit of spice is cool but we ‘don’t eat plants’ as a meal so if you want a tad of taste like some spice on any of your meats, AND you do well on that and love it, cool.

THING IS this path won’t be easy but they key thing to a new person is eat…we DO not count anything (unless ya kinda want to) but never let it sway you into any changes, YOU eat what you want, when you want, how much you want, and have your fill and if not ‘that hungry’ you are ok on that too, but if you go longer without eating, you best cook some meat/fish/seafood or fowl and test your hunger, ya might woof it all down or not eat any but a big old plate of food in front of you will show you the right way!

We heal and change. We drop all glucose burn to be ketone burn so ‘adaption’ can be rough and show annoying issues but hold strong, we all walk those and tons of great benefits will come to you.

Chat up with us on your day and thing is, eat. What you love. What you want. ALL you want and let the change happen.

any questions throw them out to all of us!
hope some of this helps. Others will chime in and help also on beginning on carnivore!

also read out 'zero carb videos

we got so much in there it might be overkill to handle it all LOL but just feel your way thru our info.

Sticker shock at the stores here, too @Fangs . I about died when I saw they wanted over $17 for a cut up chicken!!! So FREAKIN’ GLAD I’m a farmer!!! Lemme just run out back with a knife, and we’ll have one in the pot before ya can say “Bob’s yer uncle”.

So, we have two steers going to butcher. One of the steers stepped on one of my baby turkeys, and just smushed it yesterday…all the more easier to part with the steer! Chickens are just poppin’ eggs out like crazy.

Eats have been on par. Eggs and turkey sausage patties with butter today. 2 c coffee. Not the least bit hungry now. Gotta go hang laundry outside while its sunny. go back to work for three days tomorow… then off the weekend. I’m working some really screwy shifts…8-5, 1-930, 9-630…just weird being all over the place, instead of one or the other. I’m just a teensy bit away from walking outta there some days… My 16 year old gets paid over $3 an hour more for housekeeping at a hotel, than I do as an asst store manager. She’s in high school, and I have three (3) college degrees. Seems a little off. Anyways, I’m up for a raise this month. If it doesn’t move significantly higher, then I’ll given them two weeks. I don’t “need” the job, but I do enjoy working in customer service. sorry. the venting just slips out.

over and out.

(Karen) #28

@Fangs yes I also do 14hr shifts and when you add in the time the morning alarm goes off at 4.45 and then home at 10 or later on the odd occasion and then back in for the early start well I am just glad I am semi retired and not doing it every day now. There was no time to fit any home time in when I was full time ! So just 22 payslips left yesss. Mind you on Sunday I felt unusually low mood but that lifted yesterday at work. Bit of good banter with both staff and prisoners works wonders. We had a bunch of cheeky newbies in last night and one NF newbie (Needy F**ker) I definitely felt my mood had lifted as I was walking out of the prison gates! Back in for day shift tomorrow so home at a more reasonable time.

One of the lads (staff) asked me if I was still doing carnivore and of course I said yes and that caused an older fella to raise his eyebrows at me. He stood up tapped his belly and said 50 and doing good on carbs so I stood up and tapped my very flat tum and said 64 and doing great on carnivore. He didn’t know what to say lol even the young lad said … and she does stair running and CrossFit ! The older guy sat down hahaha. The young lad said he was thinking about doing carnivore, the thought of eating just meat really appealed to him. Ooooh am I converting peeps hahaha … certainly not deliberately.

Stair runs done this morning and I finally got back to CrossFit after nearly 2 weeks. Really glad I went. It was a hard session (when are they ever easy lol) so I was a hungry gal by the time I got home. Brunch was a frying steak 2 eggs and bacon. I had cooked the remaining 2 steaks out of the pack of 3 and it was on my plate but I was done after one so I have sliced up the last one to take to work tomorrow.

Now I have to say having the 2nd steak on my plate as I was eating, ordinarily I would have eaten it for the sake of eating it because it was in front of me but I felt satisfied and didn’t think twice about leaving it. My psychy with food is certainly changing.

This evening I had the last of the cold lambs chops I had cooked up, just had 2 left which felt enough. Followed with some cheddar from Tebay Services Farm Shop.

Early night tonight.

(Linda ) #29

@Fangs yeah you get to choose the colour of everything I think we went with just a basic light flecked one…its all priced based…I went light because its so hot here…I just want to see the water now haha…

Yesterday food was fish and taco meat with protein bread… I used some protein bread as a coating for fish to see how that would go it was “ok” but I think pork rinds is better…so alot of eggs in yesterday’s line up lol…

Todays breakfast bacon and eggs with protein bread …
I need to cook a hunk of meat I have a roast of lamb in the freezer I think I’ll throw in the oven. Update: Yup lamb fofor dinner.

The first few days you’re running on glycogen, 600 calories is extremely low and unsustainable before being fat adapted, which means you’re gonna feel pretty crappy before your body learns it’s got a lot of fat to burn.

Low carb, carnivore especially is not a calorie restricted diet. Eat to satiety, if you feel alright with 600 calorie on day 1 fine, but you’ll soon feel hungry so eat as much meat and fat as you need.

(Edith) #31

I love, love, love this!!!

Working/teaching days are fasting days works well. That’s every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. More accurately they are OMAD days with just a yummy carnivore feast at dinner. I love the mental clarity when I’m dealing with a room full of adult teenagers.

Especially after eating 2 mouthfuls of birthday cake at my mother-in-law’s birthday dinner. It was one of those ‘special’ family things and I wasn’t going to be a stick in the mud. I got through dinner with a good feed of mixed meat proteins. Cake was cut and song was sung. Cake was delicious and apparently healthy. 6 hours later I woke up with a big burp and heartburn. Then fasted until dinner last night.

Dinner was roast chicken (haven’t had for awhile), roast pork and a wedge of artisan Brie that had that raw milk French flavour. Washed down with sparkling mineral water. Back on plan.

(Daisy) #33

Another fun filled day here! I had to go to a new doctor today for my annual wellness check (hadn’t gone in 3 years). I told him he wasn’t allowed to ask me any questions outside the scope of the wellness check, so we didn’t talk much. I did tell him I’ve cured 99% of my health problems by cutting out sugar and processed foods. He just looked at me and said “good for you. If you can do it. Most people can’t.” And that was that.
Meals today were an omelette, chicken, psmf toast, and bone broth, then a little filet and salmon, then a protein shake. It wasn’t a psmf day, but was a lean day. I don’t actively plan for psmf (yesterday was), I just go by hunger.

@Azi that is great you choose colors and have those options…I am also a fan of light colored pools, they seem ‘more clear’ than the dark ones to me, I chose the light colored liner for my above ground pool too.

Your lamb pic is juicy!

@FrankoBear, hey don’t think of it as being a stick in the mud cause…it is this thinking only because you can eat it and not ‘die’…as in if you had a shellfish allergy and were at a BBQ with grilled shrimp would you eat some ‘just to not be a stick in the mud’? Nope cause you don’t wanna die HAHA so we need to dump that kind of thinking truly to let ourselves off the hook of such old concepts…life now is ALL about you and what you require in your health so go by that and never think that is being a stick in the mud LOL

sorry on the heartburn…I don’t like it either when it hits me :slight_smile:

@Ketodaisy
I am like you, I read your post and thought, darn she would do what I do…go in and TELL the Dr how the visit is gonna go HAHA
Love your control! :slight_smile:

---------------taking mom home this morning from her visit here.
still have pork ribs to eat today and those will be done.
I think I might stop at store and get me 2 big chuck roasts and crockpot them and have a ton of meat to grab on demand.

I am loving not having to think of cooking a second meal in my day. I cook one fresh meal and am fine with that and then I have my bulk meat in fridge and just grab/eat…I am liking this routine :slight_smile:

:raised_hands:

(Edith) #37

Hey Everyone,

I have to admit, my transition back to total carnivore for July was not perfect. I got my heart palpitations and all the other problems I developed while doing my carnivore experiment under control during my months off, but as soon as I went back to strict carnivore last month, the heart palpitations returned. I just think I cannot keep my electrolytes balanced while on strict carnivore.

For the past several days, I’ve been taking about 1/4 teaspoon of salt before I go to bed at night. And I have to confess, I’ve been eating some fruit with dinner. My sleeping has been better. I have to admit, I haven’t tried having extra fat before bed, yet, to see if that helps with the sleep. That requires some prep work because I just can’t eat a tablespoon of lard. I will see if I can give that a go. I may try to make an egg salad and bacon type fat bomb.

Oh, @Fangs, my feet are starting to feel better in the mornings.

It truly is amazing that the body still has to adjust when dropping the tiny bit of carbs from keto in the transition to carnivore. The same thing happened to me. You will find that your body will adjust and you will begin to eat more after a while.

There are a lot of places trying to fill positions right now. I’m betting you could easily find a better paying job. That should definitely give you some leverage.

I’m not ready to celebrate yet but I’m closing in on 4 weeks on carnivore and I think my energy levels are starting to pick up considerably.

The first few weeks were actually OK, I’ve felt incredibly crap on junk diet for god knows how long, so even non-adapted carnivore was an improvement. I had a particularly bad 3rd week where I felt dissociated, weak, tired and second-guessed the idea to go carnivore (even though I think it makes sense to me on a purely scientific basis).

Not sure what helped but I’m now forcing myself to drink at least 2.5 L of water a day (I love water, but my drinking signal has never worked optimally) and eating a boat load more fat than usual. I used to add butter to my meat, but now I’m also adding avocadoes (rarely), cod liver, cream cheese, heavy cream and I feel great.

I’m feeling calmer mentally, anxiety seems to be way down even if not completely gone, and I’ve got motivation to do and, gasp!, enjoy work or other menial tasks. Living with chronic exhaustion hasn’t been easy. Resting HR down from 95 to 75. BP still high but not crazy high as it was before starting.

Re: electrolytes, I just salt my meat and eat salty food in general (tinned fish, bacon, etc.), potassium I do not add as I’m on potassium-sparing medication, and I’m just adding some magnesium which seems to be working wonders for my restless legs. I’ll be using that from now on as an indicator I need magnesium.

Thank you guys for the feedback, im reading all the posts and start to get an idea of how its done.

I will try to just go by hunger and satiety for the first month anyway, i mean, i have so much extra fat on my body, i feel a bit daft worrying about eating to little my first day. I will make up my mind about where i am in 30 days, and let the transition happen.

Maybe transitioning from keto lets the good stuff happen faster? I have WAY more energy than what is normal for me, ive gone from potatosack to fidgeting and enjoying fastwalking, feeling i have the energy for it, this after just two days on pure meat.

I added bacon today, when im stuffed, theres still room for some bacon.

Protein Sparing Modified Fast?

I think it, low appetite forgetting to eat, is a natural side effect for some people on a carnivore WOE. As long as the protein intake is nutritious red meat (and organs) or surf and turf, I don’t think that low calorie intake dieting concerns about slowing metabolism are warranted with carnivore. It’s because standard low calorie eating on a standard diet is low in nutrition and a starvation state. Whereas accidental low calorie days on carnivore are in a fed state and the low insulin environment means body fat energy stores are unlocked and readily available to release fatty acids and ketones as circulating energy packets for body tissues, if people have fat adapted, adapted to fat as an energy source.

@Fangs, I think next March we should call Meatabolic March - the march of the carnivores. Just putting it out there. Hooray for meatabolic health benefits!

I ate almost a whole roast chicken, except the lean white meat, tonight. :rofl: Just when I’ve been carrying on about eating red meat. It’s another OMAD (one meal) day. Plus 150g smoked salmon slices rolled up in Jarlsberg cheese slices. 2 coffees this morning while doing paperwork and at a meeting. Both those tasks were trying to fog my brain, but the coffee and ketosis kept the skies clear. Oh, and the sun came out after a few rainy and cloudy weeks. So, I got out in the sunshine as well.

I’m going to be eating beef ribs tomorrow night, if you ever wanted to meat :wink: an appetite slayer, eat the baked ribs. Yes, the spelling is on purpose.

(Daisy) #41

Yes, I’m experimenting a little bit with it.