My name is Scott and I just joined the forum today. Happy to be here
I’m going to be ending my 14-day water fast this coming Tuesday (July 30th) and would love any advice regarding refeeding. I’m a bit nervous about what to eat, how long, etc.
A couple of bits of info that might be helpful(?):
1) I’m 51 yrs old, no known physical issues but, I’ve been overweight by 60+ lbs for 14 yrs
2) This is the first time I’ve ever fasted beyond 24 hrs.
3) For 2 1/2 weeks prior to my fast I was doing IF/OMAD doing a roughly 20 hour daily fast and small eating window. During those weeks, I’ve been trying to follow a Keto diet (e.g. online keto recipes, purposely avoiding high carb foods, etc.).
4) Keto is also new to me, I started focusing at the end of June.
5) My “water” fast so far has consisted of: a) Salted water ala the Snake Diet Recipe (sodium/potassium/magnesium + “hits” of ACV/lemon), b) Coffee (black), c) Green Jasmine Tea. I usually drink 3-4L of water per day, 2 coffees, 1 tea, etc.
6) Starting weight on June 26th was 231 lbs.
- In 2 1/2 weeks of Keto/IF I lost 11 lbs. (down to 220 - that’s when I started the water fast)
- So far, after 11 days of my water fast (today is my 12th day), I’ve lost roughly 13 lbs so down to 207.4.
I don’t know if the above info helps and, I realise everyone is different, but…are there any tips that are basically “musts” when coming off a 14-day fast?
Today, I bought:
a) Proper sauerkraut with probiotics (non-pasteurized)
b) 500ml of Kefir milk (cow’s)
c) I made roughly 6 qts of bone broth from scratch because I thought I was going to follow Dr Fung’s bone broth fast but went for water instead. I simmered the bones/veggies for 24hrs but jarred the broth for the freezer to drink after my fast (so was the idea).
So, are those 3 liquids good enough for at least a day or two? Or, should I also add in fruit or veggies or any kind of solids as well? I keep seeing on youtube people eating watermelon but I worry about all that fructose which will kick me out of ketosis.
Anyway, sorry for the long post & tons of questions.
Any advice would be much appreciated.