ADF club

(Bacon for the Win) #82

we’ve narrowed it down to a few places that have a nice lobster salad. I will skip the roll please. I just might bring my own dressing for the salad (made my own Russian for the pastrami) and maybe some butter for the lobster. I bet a block of Kerrygold sitting in a container in a saddlebag would be nice and melty by lunch time :sunglasses:

@Azi 5 hours, you got this!

(Jenny) #83

I’ll be fasting tomorrow…Saturday, that will be tough! But if I can keep busy its half the battle. Karen you are doing amazing!

(Karen) #84

Still isolating so staying busy has been tough. 2 1/2 hours until bed. Tomorrow is a feasting day!!! Yay!

Good luck on your fast @jennytoy1
How did today go Nellie, Linda, Sue??

(Linda ) #85

Feasting day here too but only ate once cos im not hungry…so ill see how it goes might end up doing back to back fasting with just the one meal inbetween and eat again tomorrow night…

(Bacon for the Win) #86

Yesterday was ok. A bit white-knuckled at times. It’s the first time I’ve been home all day while fasting. I’ve been working nights and sleeping days which I thought might be easier. Looking at my schedule going forward I think working days might be ok too.

I did some cooking yesterday, another first while fasting. Didn’t even have a taste. My husband tells me the curry is on fire LOL

Had some crazy ketone levels last night. Made my GKI 0.5. Wow. Let me dig up the numbers:

BG 64
K: 6.2
GKI: 0.5

this morning:
BG: 62
K: 4.6
GKI: 0.8
WT: 162

I get to break my fast today, will start again Sunday afternoon. Maine might not happen, T-storms in the forecast.

Hope everyone has a great saturday!

<cross-posted to my accountability thread. For my accountability :sunglasses:>

(Karen) #87

Linda
What does that look like? So you ate on Friday at what time? And when will you eat next?

(Karen) #88

Amazing!! And strange

(Linda ) #89

I fast from 6 pm to 6pm then I ate one meal fasted from 6.08 last night will eat just after 6 tonight.

(Karen) #90
  1. That’s right… read them and weep. 174 even. Whoot!!

Today is a feasting day!!!

I’m going to have hotdogs for breakfast because I was thinking about them all yesterday. I’m going to go to the church and help out with their food bank, Do a grocery pick up, and a drive-by anniversary celebration for a friend.

I imagine I’m going to hit a plateau soon, but here is the results so far

When I get to my desired weight, I hope to go to two meals a day or one meal a day.

How’s everyone doing?

(Linda ) #91

Wow congrats youve done fantastic job…i so nspiring:clap:

(Karen) #92

It’s at least study loss. And the most I’ve lost in a while. I can’t believe I’m happy about 174. It’s perspective. That used to be my fat weight, which I found horrifying. Note I’m happy to see it. Perspective, right?. I appreciate the support. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Karen) #93

Burned hamburgers. Crunchy. :frowning:

The church provided lunch which contained way too many carbohydrates. Don’t know what my weigh in tomorrow will look like. Also I should be fasting tomorrow but we’re going over to my brother-in-law’s house for lunch. Perhaps I can do OMAD. Not ideal for me, but it does work for some. Fingers crossed.

(Bacon for the Win) #94

we should do weigh-ins on a predetermined day of the week. I know weighing in for me is traumatic, especially after an off the rails sort of day.

Broke my fast at 42.5 hours today. Timed our ride to Maine just right. Got there as the restaurant opened, had a table in the tent where we ate while a hellacious thunderstorm rolled through. Had steamers and a lobster salad BTW. typical New England summer time meal. Came home and had some dinner, the curry chicken I made yesterday. Just remembered there is pastrami in the fridge too. Looks like I’ll be having some of that too :grin:

(Jenny) #95

sounds amazing!! A storm sounds like perfect ambiance and long as it doesn’t interfere with dinner lol

(Bacon for the Win) #96

it didn’t for us. Others were not so lucky.

(Karen) #97

What I would like to do is add all of our weight losses together so we can see how much we have lost as a group. Everybody loses weight differently. Just total weight loss from whenever you start until every, say Monday.

For me that would be a starting weight of 180 minus my weight today, which was 174. Current weight lost 6 pounds. But I will weigh in on Monday and see what that is on Monday. I expect I expect it will be not quite the 6 pounds loss because of today’s carbohydrate intake and tomorrow’s carbohydrate intake.

Anyway I think it would be fun to weigh in each Monday and declare weight loss from start weight to whatever that morning’s weight was. That way no one feels uncomfortable declaring their scale weight just their difference in start vs current weight.

Is everyone game to provide a total weight loss from the beginning to each Monday??

(Karen) #98

That looks like New England in June. That’s what makes it so beautifully green. Both of my parents were born in Lebanon New Hampshire and we summered there every year.

I like your idea of weighing in on a specific day each week. Would Monday morning work for you?

(Bacon for the Win) #99

I like it. I especially like Monday weigh-ins because it helps reign in the weekend. Weighing in on Friday seems to give the green light to get crazy.

I didn’t weigh myself when I started doing ADF. I quit weighing when I hit 180. Talk about denial! I don’t even know when I started this. I did a week low carb, a week keto, an 86 hour fast, an 87 hour fast, then a 96 hour fast. This was my 2nd week of ADF. So I guess it’s been 7 weeks since I blew by 180 lbs. Was 162 this morning.

(Linda ) #100

Ohhh wow and wow again nicely done…

I miss mein fried lobster…but new England would be so tempting with their canoli…i lived in n,h for awhile…

Monday weigh-in is OK but I’m the fat kid on the block haha…35 lbs lost total but that still leaves me at 190 this morning

(Karen) #101

Wow, you were doing a lot of serious fasting!!. I’ve never done more than a three day fast.

So what would you like to put as you’re loss since you started ADF. Best guess … one, two, three, four, five, 6 pounds lost? Pick one, and we’ll go from there.

We’ll weigh in Monday. If you’re 162 and you think you’ve lost,say, 3 pounds then we’ll say you started at 165.