ADF club

(Bacon for the Win) #42

you as well. Pounds never fall off me, they just slowly trickle away somewhere. I have a wedding in October and a dive trip a week before that. My husband is not going on the dive trip and I’d prefer to not have a stranger help me wrangle myself into my wetsuit.

(Linda ) #43

I hear you…well we are here to cheer you on

(Jenny) #44

that’s pretty good motivation!

(Karen) #45

Keep your feast calories up. You can lose weight. We support you!!

(Jenny) #46

A basic, one hour enjoyable podcast…you won’t learn anything new but it’s a nice relaxing podcast for your next walk

(Karen) #47

Thank you for sharing I always like to hear what Jason Fung has to say. Fasting day tomorrow. Not my fave

(Karen) #48

Fasting day. I woke up hungry. We got barbecue last night and brought it in to my husband‘s mother because his brother was visiting. We socially distance outside her townhouse in front of the community lake. By the end of yesterday my legs were somewhat swollen. I tend to carry some fluid in my lower extremities. The food today will be exactly the same as the last three fasts.

Good luck everyone.

(Jenny) #49

my fast fell apart before bed. I really always struggle right before bed. I will try again today since I ended up eating yesterday. And I’m busier today which always helps.

(Karen) #50

I do not drink just water. I do have heavy whipping cream in my coffee, and I do drink broth which is very satisfying. Don’t worry about your fast falling apart that just makes it a few less hours but no big deal. You can do it

(Karen) #51

I am super tired of not chewing anything. I made my husband a lovely enchilada casserole with lots of cheese and of course white flour tortillas. He can eat all the carbs he wants and never gains an ounce. He’s at his high school weight.

(Linda ) #52

yes its alot harder when the food you used to eat is constantly something you have to serve…

I’m lucky so far no cravings…thats not to say I don’t think about them but they not calling my name…

Finished my 24 hour fast will now feast for 24 hours… weight stayed the same

(Karen) #53

Headed to bed. The hours that I sleep are a bonus. Not thinking about snacking while sleeping. Really looking forward to breakfast.
Some of my broth today was the bone broth I made a couple days ago. It didn’t have a lot of flavor, so I mixed it half-and-half with store-bought.

Enjoy your feasting. Isn’t 24 hours between meals more like a OMAD? I listened to a podcast on some fellow that had been doing OMAD for years and lost a lot of weight. It was a guy of course, so who knows.
Night

(Linda ) #54

It does end up going that way cos I really don’t get hungry but I start out with 2 lol

(Bacon for the Win) #55

but how healthy is he on the inside? the term TOFI comes to mind. For his sake and yours, I hope he’s as healthy as he looks!

These numbers make it hard to stop the current 42 hour fast I’m on, but break it I will. Had a semi decent night’s sleep and feel ready to do everything I need to do today. But not until after I eat later this morning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Karen) #56

Be sure to feast before the next fast. Looking good @NelleG !

(Karen) #57

I’ve often thought of TOFI also. However his mother super thin and is 88 years old so if she is TOFI she’s lasted plenty long. His hA1c has been off a bit though.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #58

Interesting podcast! I am a big fan of WAMC and of Dr. Chartock (a brilliant, thoughtful guy), since I used to live in their listening area.

(Karen) #59

Feasting day. Yay!!!

breakfast: 3 fried eggs in butter, coffee with HWC, piece of cheese I was craving yesterday
Lunch: 4 ounces beef tenderloin, cabbage and blue cheese with pecans slaw, 4 ounces protein drink… Chocolate of course
Dinner:

(Bacon for the Win) #60

What’s on your menu for today? Looking for ideas.

(Karen) #61

Today I had three eggs And coffee with heavy whipping cream. I think I will eat Some steak for lunch. I bought some Ray’s barbecue sauce yesterday. It’s sugar free with Allulose. A little higher in carbs than I would like but the taste is so good. I bought some cabbage which I will mix with blue cheese dressing and nuts to make a keto slaw.

Maybe will order out Mexican for dinner. I usually get Carnitas. I save the side dishes for my husband for the next day’s lunch. I can have the guacamole, cheese, the sour cream, the lettuce, and the Carnitas. I am still trying to stay largely keto during my feast days.

It’s easy for me to get too much fat. So I add a protein drink to fill me up. Yeah, I know it has all kinds of chemicals in it and sweeteners. So sue me. :joy::rofl: