A Well Formulated Ketoginic Coffee

(Becky Searls) #41

I use cinnamon almost daily in my bulletproof coffee–how does “Vietnamese” cinnamon differ??

I use the Vietnamese kind from reading the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.
https://sivers.org/book/4HourBody (search for cinnamon) and it will explain

• I also think it has a sweeter earthier taste personally. Tim did a bunch
    of experimentation on cinnamon for that book and states that the glycemic
    index of a mean can be reduced by up to 20% with his minimal effective
    dose. Hope this helps!

I keep it simple. Just eat butter and coconut oil; drink coffee. Actually, I rarely drink coffee. :smile:

The whole bulletproof coffee thing is a derivative of yak butter tea that Dave Aspry discovered in Tibet so the original is actually tea based … https://www.yowangdu.com/tibetan-food/butter-tea.html Dave had a podcast called Bulletproof Radio that I find interesting - Dave’s goal is to live to be 180, of course that’s a little tongue and cheek and he admits it but he’s all about life-hacking.

(Becky Searls) #45

Thank you so much! I’m just getting into his podcast - he seems prolific to say the least! :slight_smile:

(Oded Shopen) #46

As you can probably see, I take my coffee seriously :smile:

(AnnaLeeThal) #47

Oh pretty

(Candace) #48

Contigo mugs are amazing! We have 7 or 8 of them.

(markkloch) #49

My new cup!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #50

Actually, I just add a quarter cup of heavy whipping cream to my coffee and enjoy
a fat bomb on the side like a keto biscotti.

(Roxanne) #51

Unfortunately they changed the design…the newer Contigo mugs don’t insulate as well as the original design - you can feel the heat seeping through them.

(Candace) #52

we haven’t gotten any like that - all of the ones we’ve purchased are still wonderful. Hopefully they will get enough feedback to go back. I do not understand why people want to improve something that is already good. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it o.O

(Annette) #53

A quarter cup of HWC in the coffee sounds yummy; however, that would be 4g carbs and a quarter of my carbs for the day. I like saving my carbs for veggies.

(Cliff Arnold) #54

I never thought of doing it in Mate… which I drink all the time. Thanks for the idea.

(Marshelle) #55

I gotta try this!
:heart_eyes:

(Becky Searls) #56

No way! Glad I have an old one!

(Catherine ) #57

I make chocolates from cacao and coconut oil and add one of those to my coffee along with coconut oil, heavy cream and butter. I have noticed that I don’t have acid problems with bulletproof coffee that i would sometimes get with ‘straight’ coffee.

(Jamie Hayes) #58

I wonder if Ted Naiman puts any fat in his coffee?

He’s been cautioning people about fat levels, especially if leanness is a goal and after fat adaptation, which many say might follow weeks or months after ketosis.

(Ashley Haddock) #59

Anyone have any savory BPC recipes? I’ve been wanting to experiment with some savory BPC (I drink my coffee black in the morning but sometimes have BPC around lunchtime). In my head it sounds like a good idea, but would love to hear if anyone has a good place to start.

(eat more) #60

i haven’t tried this but…i’d prob try cacao, butter, and some sort of chili powder…i bet chipotle would be amazing!