A UK Picnic in the Park or a One-Off Summer Meet-Up

(Vijay Bhakta) #21

Cant make a SE one…

but…

Anyone free for a meatup in Preston. Lancs on the 17th August, say Lunchtime onwards at a suitable keto friendly place in town ?

Preston is ideal for me, @MmmBacon made a good suggestion on instagram for low carb friendly lunch spot.

(Ellen) #23

Would love to say yes, but am not back up North until sometime in Sep. Hope you have a great time though :laughing:

(Vijay Bhakta) #24

Let us know when in Sept. Any excuse for a nice lunch/dinner. We are scouting far and wide for quality places… or nandos if we can’t find any

(Ellen) #25

Will do Vijay, never been out for meal in Preston so no ideas on that for yoy.

I’m between Croydon and Crystal Palace. I’m happy to travel anywhere by public transport, but could even hire a car.

(Vivienne Clampitt) #27

I am in Dorking, Surrey.

Should we think of a day and time? And maybe a couple of venues and then advertise the detail.

What about mid September, when holidays are over? And find a good meaty, trenchery place…

(Vivienne Clampitt) #29

sounds like a good idea!

(Ellen) #30

Sounds like a plan Pat.

(mags) #31

I would love to meet up with fellow ketoers. I’m based in Wales and spend a lot of time in the South East but generally in the week. If you fix a time and place can you let me know in case I can make it.

(mags) #32

Have you seen this map to give an idea where people are

(Sybella) #33

oh wow this looks good. I’ll check it out. Thanks for the link

The green spots locating us look a bit like woodland - could they be changed to red - there’s quite a few on the map - but we’re difficult to see!!

(mags) #35

It’s easier to see if you click on satellite view

(Vijay Bhakta) #36

and also if you press the flame icon

(mags) #37

I don’t have a flame icon. Maybe it doesn’t show on my phone

(Vijay Bhakta) #38

Just looked via my phone and I see what you mean. If you have an android phone then press the 3 dots top right and select Desktop Site which is towards the bottom of the options. This will bring up the flame icon.

(mags) #39

Thanks Vijay that works. Adding satellite view as well makes them stand out better. It’s silly how much time I’ve wasted looking at this map :grinning:

North West Meat-Up #2 - 17th November 2018?