A UK Picnic in the Park or a One-Off Summer Meet-Up

Can we Meet-Up?

Are there ketoers, new and experienced, families and friends who would like a picnic in the park or on the beach? And on a Sunday.

(Ellen) #2

Depends on where / when, but could nice to meet fellow keto peps.

I’m in south London and I love Brockwell Park, it’s a lovely place for a picnic - it’s still local and there’s a Sunday market.

But how about anywhere from maybe Cambridgeshire to Brighton?

(Ellen) #4

Well I’m not too far from London, depends on who fancies it & where they are.

How do we get people’s attention?

(Ellen) #6

You could have a look through the UK site, “about the UK site” thread and see if anyone’s in that sort of area and invite them?

(Vijay Bhakta) #7

London is a bit too far for me, but maybe we look at doing one in each region ? a North West one would be cool :slight_smile:

Yes.

Let us know the time and place and we’ll hire a bus!

But no takers yet here in the south …

Ellen, I don’t see anyone in the "About UK ". Or I don’t know how to look.

(Ellen) #9

Oh, I could maybe do one in the NW as well, if it coincided with visiting my Mum in Lancaster.

(Ellen) #10

I’ll have a look at lunch Pat, I’m sure I saw a few people saying they where in the SE.

(Vijay Bhakta) #11

Lunch is probably a better way to start off.

I have lunch regularly with @jimdoesketo, we pick nice pubs in Lancashire, calling them before hand to make sure they are willing to substitute carbs with an acceptable alternative and spend an enjoyable afternoon putting the world to rights.

Good swaps so far have been…

Extra Bacon and a Fried Egg with a burger instead of Bread
Cauliflower Cheese instead of Potatoes

Lunch sounds good.

(Ellen) #13

Would you guys n gals fancy a SE lunch meet up maybe? Hope I’ve not missed anyone out.

@Viv; @Hermione @MarkGossage @allan @parkrunUK @heidi_standen @Graham @KetoWally @ayamani @markh

(Ellen) #14

@PatNotFat, sorry, IT tried to fix my PC yesterday lunch and broke it, typical IT really. Have just sent a shout out to those who said were this kind of area.

(Sybella) #15

hi, when and where was you thinking?

(Ellen) #16

No idea yet, depends on who fancies it & where we all are, if get a bunch of people then just look for somewhere central (ish) and figure the rest out.

(Norma Laming) #17

I’m Ipswich and I have no car, so I travel by train. I love the idea.

Nice.

(Vivienne Clampitt) #19

Sounds like a good idea! I’m up for it.

(Ellen) #20

So, where is everyone? Can try and figure out somewhere central(ish), I’m in Crawley but don’t mind driving.