4 lbs of weight loss in 2 months only

Lolz :laughing: whatever works for you :grin:

My coworkers describe it as feeding like Iā€™m a snake or something :joy:

Youā€™re so lucky! Iā€™d bulk so much if I ate like that that I would look like a house :house: everyoneā€™s body is different though so Iā€™m sure it works for you from the looks of it!

Itā€™s all about frequency imo. I eat as much as possible once a day.

(Tammy Reed) #65

how do I find this podcast?

Do you think my body is in starvation mode if Iā€™m not eating enough calories each day and do so much fasting all the time?

My scale isnā€™t budging.

(Tammy Reed) #67

I found it! Thank you! I am not very experienced with podcasts, but found it by googling it! :smile:

(Bunny) #68

I am really curious about this basal metabolic rate thing also, how do we speed it up or slowing it down like a airflow throttle plate (thyroid) on a car?

All the knowledge I can muster up tells me to pick a day just to pig out on what ever you want and as much as you want one day a week?

I would not worry about being kicked out of ketosis because the more you do it (thermogenic like shock to re-sensitize the leptin thyroid axis) the more it becomes blip on the chart to get back into ketosis.

Increasing caloric intake is probably more sensible though!

Iā€™ll try increasing calories. And doing longer fasts and adding in some workouts. Do you add a lot of variety to your diet? Mine is basically the same thing daily which maybe is bad!

Maybe my body needs variety. Iā€™m not really sure what it needs. I donā€™t think I do well on cheese though. Not sure dairy is a problem but maybe the eggs and cheese need to go in the morning.

Trying to be patient but itā€™s so hard :pensive:

(Sarah ) #71

I donā€™t think you have starvation syndrome, I think your metabolism is sorting itself out from the extreme dieting. That will take time. Give it 6 months. Stop snacking.

(mole person) #72

Just keep experimenting. There are so many differences in what moves the fat for different people.

For some itā€™s getting all the sweet things out, others itā€™s nuts and/dairy, others find ditching carbs entirely really helps, and yet others need to do intermittent fasting or even short fasts of one or two days.

For me itā€™s a combination of most of the above although I rarely actually do them all at the same time since Iā€™m currently at goal and am not really looking for more fat loss. But I am currently zero carb/OMAD, zero nuts, zero sweet things. I am currently having a fair bit of dairy.

The main thing I would advise is with respect to how much you eat. If you fast a lot and also restrict calories on your feeding days your body might be fighting hard to hold itā€™s fat.

Although I mostly do OMAD, I actually change up the amount I eat quite a lot based simply on my appetite. For example the last two days Iā€™ve had 700-800 calories but two weeks ago I was very hungry for a couple of days and broke OMAD and consumed over 2000 calories for a couple of days. The mode of my overall daily calories is around 1100 but the mean is closer to 1400.

I track these numbers only out of interest in the data, however. On keto all I think about is keeping carbs really low, protein moderate (usually about 50 grams), and feeding in a one hour window most days. Basically, you donā€™t want to always be in some sort of restriction. You want your body to believe that loads of food is right around the corner and so it doesnā€™t have to restrict how much fat it will give up for energy.

(Tony ) #73

Iā€™ll second that last comment, some days Iā€™m hardly hungry at all then after a few days I have a desire for some rich oily food. So I have a mega meal. It comes and goes and I let my body dictate to me. Iā€™ve lost 60+ lbs following that principle, oh yes, and no / few carbs !

(Susan) #74

Since your metabolism is all out of wack atm, I would even try to do 3 meals a day for a bitā€¦ just to reset it and donā€™t worry about the calories, only focus on keeping around 20 grams of carbs, plenty of protean, no sugars or processed foods, and lots of water!

Good luck and I hope you will have success =).

(Viviana) #75

I feel you, I started 3 weeks ago I have lost weight I feel thinner my clothes falling off but the scale says Ive gained weight not sure what that means?

That means youā€™re losing fat! Congratulations :confetti_ball:

(Viviana) #77

OH!!! Thank you for the heads up! Iā€™m glad that its a positive step, It felt weird to see the scale go up!

(Susan) #78

Remember too that muscle weighs more than fat; so you are probably burning/losing fat and it is toning into muscle!

(Jill Carpenter aka space coast spinster) #79

Yes! Cheese becomes a culprit for me.
I wasnā€™t trying, but inadvertently cut it back a couple days ago and a couple pounds fell off in a dayšŸ¤£

Nuts can be another issue. I have a problem opening a can of boiled peanuts and not eating the whole thing sometimes.

(Prancing Pony) #80

If it makes you feel better, it took me a year to lose 30lb and I have been stuck around that weight for a year (with more than 30 to go) :wink: and I have done all the fiddling everyone suggests, even added 24 hour fasts. :sweat_smile: so you are not alone!
I hope this doesnā€™t sound rude but is your profile photo from now? Because you look slim and beautiful and maybe you donā€™t need to lose more? Just a thought

(Susan) #81

@Prancing_Pony
Where did you find that adorable Unicorn hat? It is super cute! My grand daughter (who is almost 3) is very excited about itā€¦ ā€œLook, grandma, a unicorn!ā€ =)