4 lbs of weight loss in 2 months only

Rofl :rofl:

(Cindy) #42

Ewwwā€¦ LOL Ok, that list is probably whatā€™s had ā€œanti-ketoā€ people screaming about how unhealthy keto is. NOT saying itā€™s the truth, just that many people wouldnā€™t happily eat that quantity of those items every day. :wink:

In 4 months, Iā€™ve had 8 oz of cream cheese and 2 small bags of pork rinds. Maybe 2 eggs every 3rd or 4th day, some shredded cheese occasionally, and maybe 40 slices salami in total. :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #43

Thatā€™s too bad. Should we take up a collection, so you could have more? :rofl:

Keto is what we make of it. If thatā€™s what Kris likes to eat, whatā€™s the problem? If itā€™s not what you like to eat, whereā€™s the problem in that? Plenty of keto goodies to go around.

(Hey, that bacon on your plateā€”you gonna eat that?) :grin:

I use bacon as chips for my guacamole. Bacon is so versatile.

You should try eating more food and quit resticting yourself so much. Stressing your body out and restricting nutrients is probably not the best way to lose fat. I tend to see the scale move more when I eat more food.

Not good enough for me! Iā€™d like to lose another twenty lbs in 3-4 months. I think 4-5 lbs a month is realistic thatā€™s really only a lb a week. I do 16-18 hour fasts each day. I eat less than 20 carbs (not net; regular carbs). I also do 24-36 hour fast a few times a month. So for everything I am putting into this, I would like to see results since it will make me less depressed and more positive which is really important for my well being.

I see a lot of responses saying that you shouldnā€™t feel this way and should try to change your mindset, especially since whatā€™s happening it to you is really common. People usually start losing again within a few weeks.

Fair enough, but I want to acknowledge that how youā€™re feeling is common and totally reasonable. What weā€™re doing is hard (changing our diets contrary to what weā€™ve been eating most of our lives and what everyone around us is eating), and as a reward for that hard work, we expect results. Also, the bigger the results, the more motivation we have to keep going. I absolutely hear thatā€™s where youā€™re coming from and I get it. And 5 lbs./month isnā€™t an unreasonable goal.

Iā€™d like to suggest a two-pronged approach for your mental state:

1. Start tracking some non-scale victoriesā€“measurements, how your clothes fit, how much less your knees hurt, how much better your skin looks, etc. Find some things so you will feel rewarded for your hard work even if the scale doesnā€™t budge.
  2. Think about what youā€™re going to do for the long haul. Would you keep doing this if you only lose 1 lb./month? Would you stop and do something else? What would that be? Do you think it would work better or faster? What if stopping made you gain back the 20 lbs. youā€™ve lost? Evaluate the alternatives and then decide if the effort youā€™re making is worth it to you.

My calories were only at 700-1100 a day though and Iā€™m thinking that could be the problem; starvation mode. Going to take cheese out of the equation and eat 1200-1400 a day and see if things move quicker.

Adding more veggies and fiber.

You donā€™t need more veggies or fiber. You need more protein and fat. Mainly you need a lot more calories, quite possibly well over 1400. If you canā€™t lose weight eating 1000 calories, as KetoCobra pointed out, your metabolism is wrecked. Eat more. If you have a fast day, be sure to ā€œrefeedā€ the next day.

(Charlotte) #47

What works for one person doesnā€™t mean it will work for anyone else. You have to remember that if you try to replicate someone elses regimen you wonā€™t get the same result. In the past I obsessed over my best week progress of -5.5lbs. i tried to replicate it a couple times with zero luck and that was from my own regimen. Once I realized I was getting in my own way it changed everything.

You need to remember ā€œmind over matterā€. Getting hung up on your progress or lack there of will have negative consequences. If you are restricting yourself to the point that you are miserable then youā€™ll keep yourself from getting anywhere. Although not recommendedā€¦ I do allow myself certain indulgences on date night with my husband once or twice a month. Iā€™ll partake in having a beer or two or have a questionable item at dinner while still maintaining a level of restraint (ie: I donā€™t go totally nuts with no-noā€™s). To me its a bit of well deserved treat for sticking to keto the rest of the time. Yes it slows down my progress, but I still lose a healthy amount of 10lbs a month, keeping in mind my goal is -95lb, not 20. I also donā€™t keep the pressure of having a deadline. I would LIKE to have it achieved by my wedding anniversary, but thats not a hard and fast date because I know that it will happen when it happens and no amount of pressure I put on myself will speed it upā€¦ it will actually slow it down.

Take the pressure off yourself. Relieve some of your stress. I allot myself ā€œquiet timeā€ every day to keep my stress downā€¦ and its been working. I used to have chronic high blood pressure and now my bp is the best its been since my early 20ā€™s. No joke. Take care of your mind and your body will follow.

(Cindy) #48

Lol, a cream cheese collection. I hope I didnā€™t sound like I thought his food was a problem. Just that I couldnā€™t eat it. Yes, whatever works!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #49

And you seriously consider that healthy?

(Tony ) #50

Humm, in a year Iā€™ve lost over 66 lbs, and achieved that by what I describe to others as my gorge keto diet. I have been ruthless with the carbs but not got to zero. I do eat lots of meat and cheese and dairy and sometimes have a ā€œswigā€ of oil as a snack but no milk. I eat a minimum of veggies and only the occasional greens as I notice that they severely and rapidly bloat me. I do eat very large meat meals and I really do eat till Iā€™m totally full. The intermittent fasting bit has come naturally to me, because after feeling really full after eating I just donā€™t want to eat for a long time after. However I do exercise a lot more now, since I started keto I have more energy so actually felt like and did join a gym, and workout at least 3 times a week.
I donā€™t really count the calories, I let my body tell me what to do and not the other way round. Iā€™m not a purist re what I eat, I drink diet fizzy drinks and desserts made with artificial sweeteners, I just make sure that thereā€™s no sugars or carbs to speak ofā€¦ I do keep records of my weight loss over time and what is apparent is that in my case it drops some kgs/lbs , and then sits stationary for maybe a month or two and then starts dropping again. I think in your case, as others have pointed out here, is that you are starving yourself and your body has gone into protection - starvation mode ! Eat more and enjoy the journey And lose weight !!

Heā€™s definitely kidding :wink:

Iā€™m not sure he is :smile:

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #53

Sometimes I forget to weigh myself. As long as Iā€™m eating low carbs and feel great I know with some minor tweaking I will lose to get to my goal weight. Go for feel and toss your scale in the closet!

Hi guys Iā€™ve been stressing a little less and added magnesium which is really helping with my digestive issues and sleep. Seeing better results this week. :grin:

Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s literally my diet.

Thatā€™s what I thought :slightly_smiling_face:

(PSackmann) #57

If youā€™re thinking of ankle surgery, definitely ignore your scales for a while and focus on reducing inflammation and building your health so you heal more quickly. Iā€™m non-weight-bearing for another 3 weeks (6 weeks total), and my clothes have been getting looser even while Iā€™m totally sedentary. Healing takes metabolic energy, and the reduction in inflammation has helped to speed things up. Iā€™ve been able to cut my recovery time in half, and I credit most of it to eating a keto diet.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #58

No wonder you look so good in your progress photos! :+1:

Lunch time!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #60

Okay, move overā€”Iā€™m coming for lunch, lol! :bacon::bacon: