2019 October Carnivore Challenge?!

keto
challenge
carnivore

(Chris) #81

Your comment really jumped out at me. I LOVED tomatoes. I’d eat nothing but tomato meat sauce and pasta for weeks at a time in my twenties. Just delicious with even more delicious on top - especially with romano cheese!

When I removed tomatoes and then re-added them in, I discovered they were responsible for a ton of anxiety and depression. Lovely.

Nice memories though :smile:

The weekend was a success! Had dinner at a friends last night & they made chicken fajitas so all i has was chicken, shredded cheese & sour cream. It was pretty good. Had some rotisserie chicken & shrimp on Saturday for lunch. I didn’t really have any cravings o i think my sweet tooth is finally subsiding. Going into this week with a positive outlook-trying to exercise & get endorphins flowing. Today is turning into OMAD-after my workout i wasn’t hungry so i decided to just wait for dinner tonight. Will probably have my steak, shrimp, bacon (lunch from today) & make some pulled pork to go with.
I think i am going to try to stay away from dairy a little more now though, i noticed about 3 hours after i ate dinner last night, my eczema patches were itchy & irritated. So i’m wondering if dairy is an irritant for me. A few days with no dairy (other than butter) might do the trick & confirm this. Otherwise, I’m still enjoying carnivore! :slight_smile:

(Edith) #83

I discovered problems with tomatoes, as well. I ate them a lot, particularly cherry tomatoes. Every night my nose was stuffed up and my right eye would tear for no reason. When I stopped eating tomatoes the dripping eye and evening stuffed nose went away.

(Chris) #84

On my carnivore diet I’ve occasionally tried other foods. I’ve noticed that just about everything has some kind of effect on me. Most other foods don’t aren’t me much - just a general sense the next day of not being quite as good inside.

I’m glad I like ribeye as much as I do :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #85

This thread is super interesting. I’m not carnivore and am not sure about trying it because I’m apoE3/4 and don’t have any “apparent” food sensitivities.

I follow a gent, Brett, on twitter that eats just inexpensive ground beef and bacon and has reversed depression and psychosis and lost a lot of weight. I think he is about 480 days into it. His twitter profile is https://twitter.com/StickmanBleedin

He does not eat nose to tail. He claims he is mentored by someone that has done the same for 12+ years.

(mole person) #86

I’ve been with my family for the last 4 days and have been eating a few non keto foods and dropped carnivore until I get back. My brain and body have a full on “flu” right now from it. Brain fog, tired, inflammation, runny stuffed nose, clogged feeling lungs. It’s crazy how a few days of this wrecks me.

I cannot wait to go back to strict beef, salt and water for a week so that I can heal back to my new normal.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #87

Thanks for all the details about your journey and success. I am so happy for you to be in the place you are now.

There are so many n=1 success stories for keto, carnivore and related WOE.

(traci simpson) #88

I went to a party this weekend and eat meat! ribs, fish, chicken and a lady that was sitting next to my sister said to her that she didn’t think I was very healthy because I had a plate full of meat and asked her how on earth all that meat was going to be digested :crazy_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #89

What more can be said? I ate wurst after wurst in germany and cheese and steak in Paris and lost 5 lbs.

I had some keto ice cream yesterday & a side salad at Texas Roadhouse, so i’m noticeably (to me) bloated today :roll_eyes:
Getting back on ZC today. Going to the gym & for lunch i have 2 burger patties, topped with cheese, 3 slices bacon, 1.5oz cocktail shrimp, & a hard boiled egg. My ketones were a little low this morning, but i definitely had more carbs than i should have yesterday. So today-Back on track! and i’ll be strict again through the weekend. Hoping to do at least a 20 hour fast today. :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Today has turned into an OMAD day, my lunch from today will turn into lunch for tomorrow & tonight after cycling class-i’m planning on making some chaffles & some pulled pork…maybe into a sandwich & some eggs

Today i went out to lunch with some coworkers. We went to a BBQ spot i haven’t tried before & it was AMAZING. I got 1/4 lb of brisket & 2 chicken thighs. I didn’t eat the sides that it came with but it was still more than enough food. I’m still full a few hours later. Definately would go again. Now i’m not sure what i’ll eat for dinner since i ate almost all my protein for lunch!

@April_Harkness @Momof5 @ctviggen @VirginiaEdie @Ruina The weekends are always a challenge for me. I try to stick to carnivore, but I end up being “carnivoreish” cause my meals are carnivore, but I indulge on treats that are most def not carnivore LOL. But i figure it’s okay if i can be strict during the week and treat myself and enjoy things like that on the weekends with my family. Does anyone else do things this way? Or are you carnivore ALL THE TIME?? I still make sire not to go over on carbs, and make sure I’m getting enough protein. Let me know what you guys normally do.

Also, is anyone doing the 48 hour fast with low.carb.love & ketocoach from IG tomorrow? I did a 44 hour fast over the weekend so I’m hoping to fill up today in preparation for another long fast tomorrow!

(Edith) #94

I am currently eating a meat based diet but having a serving of berries and mixed baby greens each day.

Some people feel our need for vitamin c goes down on keto/carnivore, but I find I need some vitamin c or my teeth start to hurt. Also, my digestive tract is happier with the small amount of greens I eat. Finally, I’m not a nose to tail person, so I feel I need the small amount of plant foods to get all my nutrients. So, I am not a true carnivore at the moment.

My husband leans toward carnivore and my daughters are low carb, so I don’t indulge too often, well… except for corn tortilla chips if we eat out at a Mexican restaurant. That happens about once a month. I’m on the vain side, so fear of bloating keeps me on track. :crazy_face:

Lately, my joints have been hurting. I don’t know what’s causing it: the few veggies I eat, meat heavy diet causing inflammation, some vitamin or mineral missing? I will be tweaking things yet again to see if I can solve the joint trouble.

I

@VirginiaEdie yes, i think this is kinda like me too. For the most part i will follow carnivore, but it will be more sustainable for me if i allow treats on the weekends… & veggies as a side when eating out. so i don’t feel so deprived & i’d be more opt to stick with it. it honestly makes life easier, not having to buy produce, so i can definitely see myself staying “canivore”-as close to that word as i can be LOL :crazy_face:

(Elizabeth ) #96

Saladinos new at this, and he’s in it for optimal body building. But Shawn Baker is breaking world records eating only muscle meat…take a look at the only clinical study that was ever done ( Steffanson) and they didn’t eat organs No long-term carnivore does except Amber O’Hearn because she likes it but none of the others that have been eating this way for over 5 years bother with organ meat. Or grass-fed meat.

(Elizabeth ) #97

I find it that you can’t expect the full benefits of carnivore unless you’re carnivore all the time, but nobody needs to be that way unless they have health issues that they are hoping to resolve. otherwise keto is great and so is low carb. Enjoy your fruits and vegetables if you can tolerate them, some of us cannot.

(April Harkness) #98

I do carnivore 6 days a week (used to be 5 but I feel better with 6 days of carnivore) and one day a week I do keto…but not dirty keto. I still do strict keto. So yes, lol, my one “cheat day” is a strict keto day. What that means is that I might have some blueberries and add some veggies to my meal. I also do Two mad instead of OMAD (two meals as opposed to one)

Good afternoon, folks! On the 17th of this month I will have been keto 3 years. I went keto for health reasons and most of my health issues have greatly improved or are totally healed. Today is Day 2 of going total Carnivore. Not sure what ‘brand’ to call it, lol. I’m eating animal foods only but to me that means: meats, eggs, dairy, seafood and anything else that might be animal that I may have missed, heh. Also taking salt with meals. To start out, I’m trying to eat around 80% fat and 20% protein. I have IBS-D and psoriasis that haven’t cleared up with keto. Other than eating animal fats and meat I have no idea what I’m doing, lol, but that’s how I started keto too so hopefully it will all work out well. I’m enjoying this thread, very interesting!

(Susan) #100

Welcome to the forum, Renee, and best wishes with your new Keto Carnivore =).