2019 October Carnivore Challenge?!

keto
challenge
carnivore

Anyone want to do a carnivore challenge with me?? Starting today, going strict carnivore for the month of October to see what goals I can hit with it! I will post any updates/meals on this thread. & I encourage you to also! Lets keep each other accountable & lets do this!
What i am hoping to accomplish- hit my 2nd goal weight & kill cravings for treats. If you want to join, please share what your goals are with carnivore!
Can’t wait to go on this adventure with you guys!!

(mole person) #2

I’m already carnivore. Only meat, salt, water. Love it. About once a month I may have something else.

@Ilana_Rose that’s awesome!! What have you noticed has improved for you since going carnivore? & what does a typical day of food look like for you?

(Susan) #4

We have an entire Carnivore Section here on the forum, in case you didn’t know =). We have a lot of Keto Carnivore members here =).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/zero-carb

@Momof5 i did! thank you! :slight_smile:

(Susan) #6

Oh okay, great =). Best wishes for your month of Carnivore eating =)).

(mole person) #7

Migraines, neurological problems, autoimmune abdominal problems. All better. Off all of my drugs.

Today I had one meal. Dinner. Beef roast, extra beef fat, chicken thigh, sausage. Yummy!

that sounds amazing!!! the food too :wink:

(mole person) #9

It also got me down to my current weight. 104 lbs. I’m as slim now as I was in my 20’s again.

Thats a big motivator for me too! My original goal weight was 150 (started about 190, after my son was born-heaviest of my life!) now i’m down to 140 and i want to see if i can get my BF% down more from here. Carnivore seems to help because youre eating ZERO carbs (or verrry minimal) & when i did it for 5 days i was already seeing the weight drop

(mole person) #11

Are you just doing meat, or will you include dairy?

@Ilana_Rose I am going to include dairy, at least at first. I don’t use much cream, it’s mainly cheese & butter for me that would be hard. But once i get used to doing carnivore for a week or 2 i will start phasing out dairy to see if it helps a few eczema spots i have :crossed_fingers:t3:
Do you include dairy?

(mole person) #13

No. It messes up my weight regulation.

Do you notice it’s better or worse with certain dairy? or is it all dairy?

(mole person) #15

Dairy just causes me to eat more than I need. It’s all dairy. When I only eat meat, I don’t overeat.

(April Harkness) #16

Carnivore here. Will be rooting for you!!!

makes sense! i will see how i goes but i have noticed i feel a little more snack-y when i eat cheese & stuff like that & i just force myself not to but eliminating the dairy might help!!

(Bob M) #18

I eat beef plus cheese a lot and don’t feel any desire to eat more, so it’s likely per person.

Do you track your food or just eat until full? I’m worried about going over board on my protein if i don’t track…

I have noticed I am naturally moving more towards carnivore-Keto, the only veggie I don’t seem to have terrible reactions to thus far is cauliflower…olives (black & green) seem to be ok too. I do enjoy putting a small amount of MCT oil in my coffee sometimes (cannot get my tastebuds on board with butter lol). Today I had cheddar/salami, hwc in coffee, ground beef, bacon, and strip steak. I guess that’s dairy-inclusive-carnivore :thinking: I would like to try with you, does anyone take vitamin C to help with not becoming too acidic? I saw something a while back about women needing to watch out for that when trying carnivore.