2019 October Carnivore Challenge?!

keto
challenge
carnivore

That’s my struggle too! & cheese haha

(traci simpson) #42

I might drop the amount of cheese that I use but I like you, eat a lot of ground beef and sausage and cheese just makes it better. Cheese in my eggs, cheese in my beef, cheese in my soups! just cheese… : )

10/1 Day 1: Fasted 23 hours, OMAD. Before i broke my fast, i tested my ketones (just curious) and they were a whopping 5.1!!! :exploding_head: Broke my fast with 2 OE eggs, a filet mignon, butter and a little cheese. Then a can of tuna mixed with a little spicy mustard & avocado mayo. Had a decaf coffee in order to get my collagen in for the day (trying to be better at that) & a little cream. Then started fasting again at 7pm.

This morning my ketones were 2.4 (GKI 1.7) and i had a little hunger, but nothing that wasn’t controlled with coffee (black) & water.

Today I am doing a TRX class on my lunch & then going to break my fast with a little charcuterie plate i made for lunch. It has salami, turkey breast, some cheese & 2 hard boiled eggs.

(traci simpson) #44

I think true carnivores eat nose to tail. Have you listened to Dr. Saladino?

(traci simpson) #45

So is 5.1 bad? I don’t track ketones?

No, unless i was diabetic or also had high sugar levels at the same time, its fine. They obviously went back down (ketones fluctuate) for my results this morning, so i’m not worried about it. But optimal readings are between 1.5-3 for blood testing ketones.

(Elizabeth ) #47

There’s lots of new carnivores out saying that but none of the long-term carnivores do even those that have admin Facebook groups for 10 and 12 years. If you have a medical reason or you just feel better eating them then by all means but you don’t have to be healthy

Had espresso (home brewed) with HWC this morning. Now 80/20 ground beef (seasoned with garlic powder and salt only) about an ounce of white cheddar, 2 pieces of bacon crumbles, and 2 Tbspn sour cream.
My tum is already feeling sooo much better today, not sure if it was the psyllium husk or the coconut flour in the homemade wraps the other day, but something did not agree with me at all.

That looks & sounds awesome!!

Interesting…thanks for the info :slight_smile:

A lot of cheese has it’s downside. In my case it appears to have been back-ne. :laughing:
Not terrible but enough for me to notice and be self conscious of going shirtless.
Reducing dairy has helped.

I have heard that is a side effect of too much cheese/dairy
:roll_eyes:
BUT WHY, why must it do that to us

Had 3 fried eggs topped with crisped genoa salami for my early evening (and last) meal. I tracked my macros today just to get an idea of what it would come out as. 4 total carbs, not sure that’s totally accurate, my medium free-range soy free eggs list 0 carbs per egg, I don’t know if that’s a reflection of the chicken’s feed being soy free or if I should consider.5-1 carb per egg?!? I was under protein (fine), pretty close to but under fat limit (ok), and under calories (this was already set to a deficit by carb manager and I never changed it) - not sure if I need to even worry about too much calorie deficit while eating carnivore? If I were to add butter, etc I would be over on fat for sure…

I am still tracking my food on carnivore & i find that its harder to hit my protien goal if i’m doing OMAD but i try to get close. My fat i usually don’t go over on at all, but i do try to at least get 1000 calories in when i do OMAD. & if i go over, i don’t worry about it…so i wouldn’t worry about it honestly.

(Elizabeth ) #55

if you’re trying to do carnivore we don’t track macros we just eat fatty meat. We eat when we’re hungry and we stop when we’re full. And we drink water :slight_smile:

One of my biggest worries on carnivore is not eating enough, especially if I do one meal. If I bothered to track anything I might know for sure but I learned early in my keto journey that tracking was not good for me. It would lead me to be either an obsessive pain in the butt or I’d just give up so I put aside the food log and quit worrying.
I did quickly drop several pounds going from keto back to carnivore this time, though.

Thank you for this :blush: I am pretty comfortable with my satiety signals these days, so happy to follow that advice and not get hung up on the numbers!

(Karen) #58

This is largely carnivore, but I think the carnivore community would not say so. But whatever it is it looks wonderful

Is it the dairy that wouldn’t be acceptable by many carnivore people? I don’t want to post anything that might cause someone doing the challenge to stumble :pensive: I have been considering a carnivore trial for a while now, for me I think my first attempt has to include dairy…I’m just not mentally ready yet to go 100% meat & eggs :egg:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #60

So, what is a typical day of eating for you carnivore folks? How much do you eat? I’m thinking of doing a carnivore week. I’m not up for a month, though.