2 Keto Forums Newbie! My 100lb weight loss in 7 months story

(Chris Esquilin) #1

Hi Keto Forum family!

My name is Chris Esquilin. I’ve been listening to the 2 Keto Dudes for a little while now but this is my first post. After reaching my highest weight last year of 349lbs, I knew that I desperately needed a change. My family has a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. and I don’t want to go down that path.

My younger brother started keto last year and lost a great amount of weight. We had known about keto for a few years but were always very skeptical. After hitting our highest weight, my wife and I decided to dive right in and go keto. I’ve been very greateful for the podcast, the forums, and all the resources available to help keto newbies in the journey.

After a couple months on the journey, I started incorporating high intensity training as well as weight training in the gym. That along with intermittent fasting has really helped me drop significant weight. I checked the scale over the weekend and I’m now at 249lbs! I am so excited to be down 100lbs and I plan to keep going!

I have about another 30-40lbs to hit my goal weight and I’m as motivated and excited as ever. Thank you for all the support on this forum and I look forward to seeing your stories!

Chris

(ANNE ) #2

Congrats on finding a way of eating and exercising that is truly making a difference.
All the better that your family are with you too. (At least that is what I read in your post)
Looking good!

Well done Chris - looking sharp! Welcome to the forums :smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Amazing effort Chris, you should be super proud and you are looking great.

(Bunny) #5

Truly inspiring, takes a lot of self-discipline!

Awesome!

Well done, Chris!!!
Looking good :blush: Also so great that you can do this as a couple. How’s it going for your wife?

(Chris Esquilin) #7

My wife is doing well! I’m super proud of her. She has hypothyroidism/ hashimoto’s and has still managed to lose 43lbs since December. I love being able to go on this keto journey along with her.

(Edith) #8

Congratulations to you and your wife! Welcome to the forum.

(KetoQ) #9

Congrats, Chris! I’m so happy to see the change. I worry when I see guys like the old you carrying lots of high belly weight, I’m concerned that it’s a heart attack waiting to happen. You probably saved your life. Keep up the great work and be well.

(Heather ) #10

Congrats and welcome! Outstanding job!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

Awesome!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

Good for you, bro! What an amazing difference between the two pictures. :+1:

(bulkbiker) #13

Amazing… well done indeed!

(Central Florida Bob ) #14

I can only echo what everyone else has said, Well Done!

Also, I can identify with what you said about your wife being your partner and support through this, and keto helping her with her thyroid problems.

I bet then number of people in the world who have dropped a hundred pounds and turned their lives around couldn’t be more than 1% or so. It’s truly an amazing accomplishment.

(Carol Orrell) #15

Her thyroid dosage will likely decrease. Mine did.

(Jeff Jenkins) #16

Woo hoo! Way to go!

(Linda) #17

You’ve done an amazing thing! Congratulations.

(BOB HAMILTON) #18

Great work Chris!! Congrats!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #19

You know, you carried all that weight well, but now—well, you just look fantastic! Keep up the good work! :bacon::bacon:

(Caraway Carter) #20

Congratulations! That’s awesome!