2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

challenge
steak

(James Lynch) #242

The challenge is real. Day 3 of steak. :heart_eyes:

Down 7 pounds and training for a marathon.

(Bob Weiman) #243

Yeah, HWC in coffee is one of those things that I enjoy a lot, but I also know sometimes it messes me up. So it’s a good thing to be taking a step away from it for a while.

(Bob Weiman) #244

My morning glucose had been trending in the high 90s lately. This morning after two days of the Steak Challenge - 85!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #245

Down 4 pounds since starting Monday.
FOUR POUNDS

And that’s with eating 2 to 2.5 POUNDS of steak a day!!!

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!

I am at my lowest weight ever these 3 years ketogenic, which is the same weight I was after completing a 10 day water fast recently!

I am not doing this for weight loss, but I am for every other reason. Lol. But if my body wants to drop weight?

#BRING IT

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #246

Nothing remarkable so far. I’ve wanted to do 2 hours post prandial but keep falling asleep. Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #247

Fried up a lean 9 oz sirloin this morning. Woke up hungry. This is day 4.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #248

Day 4 continued. 6pm. 15.5 oz NY strip.

Day 4. Yesterday, I was only able to eat half of the fred Flintstone steak I cooked. So today, I ate the other half.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #250

Day 4.
Pre-meal blood glucose, 92. After I remembered to check. I had already started eating an hour before. A fucking pound of beef steak!
Two hours after my meal? Post prandial? 89.
Much excite.

I guess an overabundance of protein (meat, namely beef) in fact DOES NOT raise my blood glucose.
Lying wankers.
I will be more precise from here on out with my testing. I assumed it would go up a bit.

Gluconeofuckyourselfgenesis.
WINNING

…you know, after further thinking on this, seems to me my insulin sensitivity must be working very well.
:zornface:

Fast/Feast cycling
(Stephanie Hanson) #251

I went ZC on 2-27 after my first DEXA scan results had me cursing in frustration. So, here’s to no plant based foods. I may join you all later in the month as I get my head wrapped aroun this better.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #252

Day 4.
Baked beef shank steaks last night. Weight minus bone equalled 24 oz. Maximum buttery goodness plus bonus marrow and meat juices.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #253

DAY 5.
9.5 oz Grassfed ribeye, 10 am.

(Adam L) #254

Join us over here for ZC encouragement Carnivore / Zero Carb March 2017

(Meeping up the Science!) #255

Still doing well. Resisted the urge to eat everything earlier.

I am actually eating leaner steaks. Yesterday I had 10oz of sirloin, and today the same. Got each for $5/pound.

Total weight lost: 5 pounds so far. Fasting glucose was 84 the other day. I will check it again next Friday if I remember. I should probably get nerdier about my biometrics.

Curiously, my blood pressure has also dropped somewhat. As some of my friends know, particularly @Brenda, it has been super high. It was 140/100 all last week, and it has been between 120-135/90-98 the past few days. Unsure if this correlates with not working, but we’ll see how the rest of the month proceeds.

Also came back with basically seven pounds of butter which I have not eaten yet. Hey, it was 1.70 a pound! #ketovacationtips ?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #256

Day 5
Just ate a 14 oz NY strip.
Completely forgot to check my BG at all.
Tomorrow. Lol

Day 5 - fried up some faux mignon steaks (sirloin beef tips) in beef tallow

(Tom Seest) #258

Fully cooked?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #259

I’m down 4.5 pounds since starting tuesday.
FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS
Down another half pound today, and it keeps going.

I actually though there’d be an initial weight loss, and then it’d stop.
Nope.
Apparently my body is very content eating only beef steak…
WINNING

Yes, cooked, done to medium rare. I just take picture of it in pan while steaks are cooking.

(Bob Weiman) #261

An NSV from attempting the challenge - I’m getting much better at pan searing my steaks! Practice, Practice, Practice!