2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

challenge
steak

(outlawpirate) #222

Sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s experiences.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #223

Day 3
Continued.
NY strip with a nice bark.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #224

I do not have acid reflux. Not sure why that is @DawnH. Maybe eat a smaller amount at one time? Or… eat less often. I do not know your routine.
I am cooking with zero spices and only eating fatty beef steak to satiety. No IF window for me during this challenge, and no limit on the amount of steak I want to eat.

(dawn.hakala) #225

2x a day the steak portions are only 5.8ish oz. my strip @ lunch & ribeye as last & both have 3 eggs all cooked in Kerrygold. this was my test for week one. could my stomach not have enough acid to break it all down?

(Crow T. Robot) #226

My advice: Don’t bend over

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #227

I’ve had digestive issues with eggs, as much as I Iove them. You may want to experiment with cutting them out. See what happens.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #228

Day 3

Tonight’s steakfest, continued.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #229

@Chris_W
:middle_finger:
:zornface:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #230

I have been feeling euphoric btw. Again. Like when I fast. Energy, upbeat mood, calm digestion, overall sense of well-being.

(eljay716) #231

Day 2 rib eye!!! it was delicious and I am loving this so far. I cut about half of it for lunch/snaking tomorrow.

(the.connelleys) #232

Are you monitoring blood glucose & ketone levels?

(dawn.hakala) #233

Will be a problem with getting on underwear, socks, shoes…picking up my grandson… Good idea Chris, but not practical :slight_smile: LOL

Im off the next several days… I think I will just up my meat and bail on the eggs and see how that works. Could I use Ghee?

(Bob Weiman) #234

I need to explore the local butchers. Even when I pick the least lean steaks at the grocery store they’re not cutting it on the fat front.

I had to nom some emergency butter today at work when I caught a chill and couldn’t warm back up (usually a sign for me of needing some fat.) It worked fairly quickly so I’m confident that was the issue. I guess I’m kicked off the island too!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #235

Your choice. I’m not adding any fats. Only eating the fats that come on my meats.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #236

Lol, whatever. I guess if you want to be. Smdh. You just want a salad, don’t you?

You gonna bail?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #237

Yup.

(Bob Weiman) #238

Nope. Not quitting. The only thing I’m actually craving is my HWC coffee. But I’m getting back into drinking it black.

(the.connelleys) #239

How are they trending?

Day 3 fried a Fred Flintstone massive T-bone steak in beef tallow (only salt, no pepper, because Brenda ruled against it)

I’m not officially part of this challenge, but I did purposefully have 7 oz of ribeye this morning sous vide for 12 hours while first sipping black coffee and felt pretty good until I decided to add HWC to the last half of the coffee and maybe it was just psychological, but digestively-speaking felt “off” after the HWC.

Sometimes we crave things we need and sometimes we crave things that are bad for us and I think HWC is something that I don’t need.

Last night for dinner I had the other part of the ribeye that was lightly kissed on the grill to kill off any surface bacteria and essentially ate it raw and that was far more satisfying than the cooked steak.