1st Fat Fast

(Tricia) #1

Thinking about doing a fat fast. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Anyone want to join me?

July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME
(Jane) #2

What will you be having for your fat?

I did a 4-day fat fast last month eating 8 oz of cream cheese each day, plus butter and HWC in my coffee. Was much easier than water fasting, imo.

(Tricia) #3

How did you do on your fast?

I was thinking of the egg fast and or coffee with hwc. I did the egg fast for 5days last year before going keto, and lost 5#. Iā€™ve been on keto for 12 weeks. Iā€™ve only lost 8#'s. Iā€™m half way to my goal of 140, so I know its gonna be sslowwww! I want to mix things up a bit and see what happens.

(Jane) #4

I was out of town on business for 2 weeks so I donā€™t know if I lost any weight or not. My jeans were a bit looser so I lost something.

That was me dipping my toe in the fasting watersā€¦

I followed it up with a 3-day black coffee/water fast the next week and was 7 lbs lighter when I got home. Definitely lost more the second week based on my jeans. Bounced back up 2 lbs after re-feeding, so 5 lbs net.

Iā€™ve been keto since last Thanksgiving and my weight loss had been stalled for several months, so I was looking to shake things up and it worked for me.

I will be back in Houston week after next for 10 days and will definitely do some fat or water fasting while I am there.

(Tricia) #5

I just recently moved, havenā€™t been to the gym for 2 weeks. I have been walking on my treadmill though. Iā€™ve stayed keto, but Iā€™ve also had a couple days I went over on fat and carbs. No sugars though. Just a lot of keto food. Iā€™ve been really hungry lately. Its probably time to change my meals around.
I donā€™t think I could do a water fast. I get to hungry! My meals were keeping me full, but now it doesnā€™t seem to be working anymore. Could just be stress, too.
I really want to try fasting, but I dont think Iā€™m ready.
Thatā€™s great being out of town and your jeans are looser! Even if you didnt lose any weight, youā€™re losing inches. Sometimes thatā€™s better!

(Dana M Bill) #6

hello @tricia0402
I have been researching and just read up on Fat Fasting. I was going to do my first Fat Fast starting on Monday. I would love to join you if you are still looking for support.

@danabill

I started a fat fast today. My last ā€œmealā€ was at 11 PM last night. Today all Iā€™ve had were iced coffees with cream (HWC when I make it myself, and 2 from McDonalds - unfortunately they use 18%) a carbonated water, and 2 tbsp salted butter when I got home from work. I worked 8am-8pm and noticed I was hungry around 5pm.

Managed to go to DQ after work to order a birthday cake for my daughter and not get anything else. Its 10pm now and Iā€™m pretty satisfied. I want to eat, but would like to make it the full day. I might have some more butter or HWC before bed - havenā€™t decided yet.

(Tricia) #8

Hi @dbill545!
I would greatly enjoy for you to join me! What fat fast are you thinking of doing? Thereā€™s so many! I was thinking about the egg fast. There are some different recipes for the eggs on Pinterest.

(Tricia) #9

@Mangusdog,
Hi! Today I am going to do coffee with hwc fast, also. I ate bad yesterdayā€¦no sugar but alot of keto foods, and a bunch of nuts and almond butter! :sleepy: I need to get myself back on track. How long are you doing your fat fast? Are you doing the same hwc and butter as yesterday?

I really donā€™t understand fat fasting, can someone explain it to me?

(Jane) #11

Eating fat is easier than a plain water fast and you get some of the benefits of fasting with minimal insulin response by eating only fats.

Oh so fascinating. Which benefits? Also what is consumed and how do you determine amounts?

It was my first fast. I think Iā€™m going to have breakfast and then maybe fat fast again till tomorrow supper. Tomorrow I have a birthday bbq dinner for my daughter and a planned cheat of icecream cake.

(Dana M Bill) #14

Good morning @tricia0402

So I am new to fat fastingā€¦actually heard it on a podcast that I listen too. I have been doing Keto since November had great luck losing 15 lbs in beginning. I am about 15 pounds to my goal and I have stalled. So when I heard about it on the podcast I looked at a book on Amazon and so that is what I decided to use. I will have to look into the egg fast cause I love eggs :blush:.

This is what I put together for my fastā€¦sorry if itā€™s way to much information but I really get into this stuffšŸ˜‚

Readyā€¦
Fat Fast

Rules and Meal Plan
*1000 calories (do not exceed 1200 cal)
*90% of calories from fat (no less 80%)
*Divide into 4-5 meals a day (3-4 hours)

5 meals = 220 calories per meal (1100 cal)
4 meals = 275 calories per meal (1100 cal)

Meal Plan:
Monday and Wednesday

• Hot Cereal
    247 cal. 24g fat (80.7%) 5g protein 2g net carbs
  • 1oz Macadamia Nuts
    199 cal. 21g fat (88.3%) 2g protein 1 net carb
  • Fettuccine Alfredo
    191 cal. 19g fat (87.5%) 5g protein 1 net carbs
  • Creamed Spinach
    237 cal. 24g fat (81.7%) 5g protein 2 net carbs
  • Coconut Flax Bread w/2 tsp butter
    179 cal. 17g fat (85%) 4g protein 1 net carb

Day totals; 1053 cals. 105g fat (84.7%);21g protein; 7g net carbs

Tuesday and Thursday

• Keto Coffee
    178 cal. 20g fat (94.7%) 1g protein 2 net carbs
  • Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
    207 cal. 20 fat (80.7%) 5g protein 5 net carbs
  • Pepperoni chips w/cream cheese
    211 cal. 19g fat (83.7%) 7g protein 2 net carbs
  • Simple Avocado Salad
    246 cal. 24g fat (83.0%) 2g protein 6 net carbs
  • Coconut Flax Bread w/2 tsp butter
    179 cal. 17g fat (85%) 4g protein 1 net carb

Day totals; 1021 cals. 100g fat (85.4%); 19g protein; 16g net carbs

4 day fast starting Monday July 9th

See lots of info :wink:. Have a good day and if you do the coffee hwc fast today would love to hear how ur day went for you.

Dana

(Tricia) #15

@dbill545, Looks like you really do get into this! Thats awesome! I am the same with the calculations. My kids used to make fun of me when I do my meal prep because I put little sticky notes on the containers with the contents and measurements, and the day I make it. Your Fat Fast foods look yummy! What is the hot cereal? I sometimes miss my oatmeal. Do you always do net carbs? I do total carbs, and try to stay under 10. Do you use an app to track your calories and macros? I use LoseIt.
My hwc fast didnt go to good. :slightly_frowning_face: I ended up eating, but my macros were Fat 108, Pro 51, Carbs (total) 6. Calories were 1237. Ended up being 81% fat. Probably should be alittle higher. Not sure if Iā€™ll do the egg fast tomorrow, or might just wait for you to start with me.
Hope you had a Saturday!
Tricia

(Dana M Bill) #16

@tricia0402,
Hope you had a great Saturday.
So the recipe for the hot cereal I got out is from the book ā€œFat Fast Cookbook 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Weight Lossā€ by Dana Carpender. Here is the recipe;

I use the app Carb Manager to help me manage my macros. Pretty easy app to use. I also use net carbs for daily calculations.

Hope u have a great night!

Dana

(FastingFocusedLife) #17

I am starting a fat fast Monday as well. I am going to do the old school fat fast simple coffee with hwc for breakfast and a block of cream cheese throughout the day. I have a few recipes to spice up eating straight cream cheese. My goal is to go 7-10 days.

Cheesecakeā€¦ Coffee with HCā€¦ more Cheesecake! Last one I did was a couple months ago, was doing around 4500-5000cals a day and lost 4lbs. That was from a plateau.

(Tricia) #19

Good luck!! Please let us know how you do! :blush:

(Tricia) #20

@lfod14,
That sounds too yummy! How do you make the cheese cake?