1st Fat Fast

(FastingFocusedLife) #21

Will do! I have never actually done a fat fast for 10 days, but I am super curious about extended fat fasting. IMHO Fat fasting is pretty easy compared to water fasting (YMMV), but I have never read of anyone going longer than 3-5 days. So now I am going to do an n=1 and see how it goes. I will keep you updated.

I do a NY style, so no base to try to fake. I pretty much do a normal NY cheesecake recipe minus the sugar being fake and coconut flour in place of the real thing.

5 bricks of cream cheese
4 eggs
2 TBSP butter
1/3-1/2 cup of sour cream
3 TBSP coconut flour
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1 cup sweetener, then taste and tweak to your liking *

Getting everything room temp (or close to it) makes a pretty significant difference in the mix and how it cooks. I do mine in a springform pan on top of a cookie sheet so thereā€™s not too much heat direct to the bottom. No water baths or other complicated nonsense. When the top is a decently even light brown and you look at the top and you say in your head ā€œ10-15 more minutes and itā€™s doneā€ Shut off the oven THEN and walk away. Let it stay in there and cook slowly for a couple hours then stick it in the fridge. Donā€™t skip that, if you stick it in there warm your gonna have a soggy topped cheesecake. I typically cook at 325F for around 60-75min. But let your eyes tell you when, different ovens are different. Iā€™ve also found it cooks better in normal mode than convection if you have a convection oven.

• on the sweetener, Iā€™ve used every damn one there is. I typically do a mix of sucralose or erythritol and Xylitol. If you use Stevia mix it with something else, the sweetness isnā€™t right for cheesecake. People get affraid of Xylitol, but itā€™s the absolute best sugar replacement aside from being a 1:1 replacement it has the same taste in recipes and totally dissolves which some donā€™t in cheesecake and you get a grit thing going. Downside it obviously you need to get your system used to it if youā€™re going to use it in larger doses or you risk disaster pants.

(Tricia) #23

@lfod14, thanks! I have to try that!

(Dana M Bill) #24

@tricia0402,
I wanted to let you know that this hot cereal is so delicious! I love warm cereal and think I have found a favorite! If you havenā€™t tried it I think it is a must try :wink:

(Tricia) #25

Thanks, Dana! I plan on trying it on Friday! Howā€™s your fat fast going so far? You feel good?

(Shayne) #26

Funny this should come up today. I have both of the Fast Fast cookbooks and have been planning out my meals for the next two weeks in a five on, two off plan (as recommended by Nurse Jackie in one of the books).

Since I donā€™t want to eat five times a day, Iā€™m combining my ā€œfeedingsā€ into coffee, lunch, and dinner. I also decided to do it dairy and sweetener free (allowing butter).

Meal Recipe Page Cal Fat Prot Carb
Breakfast 16oz coffee/1tbs butter& coconut oil 225 25.2 0.7 0.4
Lunch Fettucini w pesto 203.78 19.33 2.33 6.41
Sauteed mushrooms 246 25 2 5
Dinner bacon pecan spaghetti 219 21 5 4
Simple Avocado salad 246 24 2 9
1139.78 114.53 12.03 24.81
1178.17 1030.81 48.13 99.24
87% 4% 8%
Meal Recipe Page Cal Fat Prot Carb
Breakfast 16oz coffee/1tbs butter& coconut oil 225 25.2 0.7 0.4
Lunch spaghetti w/ garlic & mushrooms 225 23 4 2
Sauteed mushrooms 246 25 2 5
Dinner Time machine chicken salad 257 25 10 1
Simple Avocado salad 246 24 2 9
1199 122.2 18.7 17.4
1244.2 1099.8 74.8 69.6
88% 6% 6%

I actually did my best weight loss on keto when I used the fat fast recipes as a base and then added protein to it, so I may do that again in a few weeks.

(Dana M Bill) #27

@tricia0402,
my fast is going goodā€¦i am feeling good even with a busy schedule and not being able to get 7-8 hours sleep each night.

(Tricia) #28

@dbill545,
Had that hot cereal for breakfast todayā€¦ so yummy! Hope youā€™re doing well!