1st extended 8 day fast. That's it

(Bob) #1

I was gonna try for 14 days for my first extended fast but think I’ll break it tonight. I think I may be trying to be super man. Tired although that’s the only problem. 8 days isn’t bad for first time I guess. Think I’ll feast keto 3 or 4 days then maybe try again. Started at 242 in march and hit wall at 212. Was hoping the fast would get me to break the 200 mark for first time since My 20’s. it was an experience though

(Griffin Mekelburg) #2

8 days is amazing! Alot of it is mental as well. I just didn’t my first EF and got to 65 hours before I broke down lol doing the same feasting a few days then going to try again although my goal is only 3-4 days, you crushed that lmao!! Great work!

(Dustin Cade) #3

I’m going to try 4 days, I’m not sure how long I’ll want to fast, I figure I’ll listen to my body and see where it goes…

(Bob) #4

Too bad we don’t all fast at same time for support. Anyway I went out and bought stuff to make chili and some pork rinds and olives. had some rinds and olives and now I’m full. Guess the chili will have to wait til tomorrow.

(Bob) #5

Oh, and I learned a lot during my first big fast. I got some support from the forum and from listening to 2 keto dudes and Jimmy Moore podcasts. Now I know what to expect and the next extended fast should be a lot easier

(James storie) #6

Zorn fast happens every month, there is a thread. Lots of people fasting simultaneously! And 8 days is great, it’s more than I’ve done at one time. My longest is 7.

Congrats on 8 days!

What did you weigh at the end?

(Bob) #8

Thanks, Don’t know as I am a long haul trucker. I should find a scale sometime today.

(James storie) #9

Hey, I’m a trucker too! I think this way of eating would do a lot to help the trucking industry as a whole!

(Dustin Cade) #10

Would be cool to see truck stops bulk up on keto friendly foods for truckers that would translate to road trips…

(James storie) #11

I pack most of my food each week, but I’ve gotten pretty good at finding stuff when I have to!

(Bob) #12

Truck stops would never stock keto friendly foods. 99.99% of truckers would never buy them.Most truckers are obese

(Bob) #13

Very cool James. U r the only keto trucker besides myself that I know of. I’ve told all the other truckers on the iTruckers slack group that I belong to about keto but so far no one has bought into it. I started in March and have lost 35 lbs and at my annual physical last week my bio markers were the best of my life. Been trucking a long time and getting obese and keto is getting me healthy. If u use apple products let me know and I’ll send u an invite for the slack group. Stay calm and keto on

Bob

(Bob) #14

I buy all my stuff from only 2 places. Amazon and Whole Foods. I have several Whole Foods I go to that have big rig parking.

(Bob) #15

Thanks Griffin, I’m feasting next several days then will try a 9 day fast nothing but salt, decaf black coffee and distilled water. If I complete that I will go back to 3 day fasts everyone in a while

(James storie) #16

I’m lucky enough to get to go home for a day every weekend. I pretty much cook all day! I have run across at least one other trucker on here, but I ant remember his name. I’ve been doing this for 2.5 years, lost and maintained 50 pounds so far. KCKO!

(Bob) #17

KCKO! Do u find urself getting angry and becoming militant about SAD and how we have been lied to for 50 years?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

Here ya go @ketotruck
There’ll be one set up for June as well. I’ve organized a group fast monthly for well over a year now. It DOES help to fast together!!!

May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

(James storie) #20

Yep, what I wouldn’t give to go back in time and just stop it all from happening. Can you imagine how life would’ve been different? I’m not saying I would change anything important about my life, but I wish someone would’ve told me about keto when I was a kid! One of my biggest regrets is that I didn’t find keto before I had kids. Now they have to struggle through the same food addictions even though they’ve seen my success! They are teenagers, so I obviously don’t know what I’m talking about!