1st extended 8 day fast. That's it

(MEEKIN FORTE) #21

Great Job!!! It truly is more mental.

(Candy Lind) #22

@ketotruck Bob, I know you havenā€™t been around much and this is an older thread, but I would love to know where these Whole Foods with big rig parking are located!

Also, Iā€™m directing any and every driver I can find on the forums to THIS THREAD so we can consolidate tips, tricks, questions, problems, favorite keto friendly eateries, etc. to one topic on the forums Itā€™s under ā€œnewbiesā€ just so new truckers will be able to find it easier.

I hope youā€™ll join us.

(Bob) #23

Hi CandyLindTX,
The Whole Foods in Allen, TX. Is located next to a big mall. Macyā€™s, etc. They have parking on the side or the rear of the Whole Foods for a big Rig. Also, the Whole Foods on 86th street in Indianapolis has parking next to the Starbucks. They just recently posted no truck parking signs but I still park there and havenā€™t been bothered. Also, the store in West Orange, NJ. off i280 has truck parking. I am retiring in 3 weeks after 30 years trucking. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Bob

(Candy Lind) #24

WOW, awesome career! My hubby has only been driving about 8 years and Iā€™ve been driving only 4. However, weā€™ll never make 30 years. We came to trucking late - heā€™s 58, Iā€™m 63 - so we wonā€™t make 30. However, we will own our rig outright in about 3 weeks, and Iā€™m very proud of that!

Thanks for the locations of the Whole Foods - Iā€™ll put them in our database. If you have any tips for how to eat keto on the road, please head over to the new topic I put up in Newbies. Advice from a veteran would be highly appreciated. :grin:

Candy

(Beth Utz) #25

Wow! Thatā€™s great! Iā€™m excited Iā€™ve made it one dayšŸ˜‚ā€¦taking it a day at a time and hoping to feast Saturday at an outing and then back to fast! Great job!

(Bob) #26

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is never eat in a restaurant. Lots of luck and keep in touch. Subscribe to the trucker dump podcast will be useful to. Join the trucker dump slack group too.

Bob