Zorn fast

(Valerie Williams) #1

Could someone give me the 5 cent lowdown on what this is or where to go for info? Thanks!

Fasting Partner?
(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

The February fast is here February Zorn Fast 2018, have fun!

Brenda Zorn (Admin here) invites people to join her when she does extended fasts generally the third week of a month from Thursday to Sunday. Calls them Zornfasts. Search it in the search box to get more into.

(Jane Reed) #4

During the fast, individuals commit to a certain number of hours fasting. Not everyone fasts from Thursday morning through Saturday evening. For example, my last meal was on Thursday evening at 5 p.m. and I ate again on Saturday at 11 a.m., about 42 hours. Some people are fairly new to fasting or else find it difficult to get through it without something besides water. There are no rules. Me, I’m fairly new to fasting although i’ve been keto for more than a year. I’ve been in a months-long stall so I have decided to add a 24-hour fast at least once a week, and join the Zornfast each month. How many hours I choose to fast depends on how I feel as the fast continues. Since you are posting in the newbies category I assume you are fairly new to this way of eating. It is generally inadvisable to start fasting until you are fat adapted, but that depends on the individual as well.

(Valerie Williams) #5

Jane thanks for the great reply. I am new to forum, but been on and off ketogenic diets since the 70’s. I’m about a month in at this point, doing well. My doctor would really like me to do some kind of IF because of health issues. Think by next month I will be ready. My question is how do I find out when it is, and is there a place on the forum I should be looking at for information? Thanks again!

I think that i did IF without even realizing it. I had been keto for a while and tried to stop eating by 7. I did this for BS reasons. In the morning i would just have coffee with HWC. Once i started listening to 2keto dudes and listening to obesity code i realized i had been fasting without even knowing it. I love this way of life and will never go back!!

(Lonnie Hedley) #7

In the fasting area, you can follow the Zornfast thread. It’s typically the third week/weekend of every month except Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

In the second comment after your original question someone posted a link to the Zorn fast. The link is the highlighted letters in her comment. Just click on it and it will take you directly to the Zorn fast. This forum also has a search function that works very well. It’s at the top of your page and is shaped like a magnifying glass. A circle with the line slightly off to the right. Touch that and a box will appear. Type in what you’re searching for and click go. I definitely will reiterate what other people are saying, it would be best to become fat adapted before you try to do extended fast but you are welcome to do what you’re comfortable with. You said you were a month in? If you’ve been strick ketogenic you may be ready now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

IF =Intermittent Fasting
There is a subforum under the Fasting forum for that. Basically intermittent fasting is delaying when you eat each day. For example stop eating at 8 PM, wait till 12 PM the following morning and repeat, is 16 hrs. fasted, you have 8 hrs. in which to eat. Is that what you dr. wanted you to do? It is different than Extended Fasting, where you go for several days without eating, maybe some bone broth or coffee/teas with cream or coconut oil. Zornfast is an extended fast protocol.

Think of IF as training wheels for EFasting. The more you do any kind of fasting the easier it will become.