Zero Carb Information Videos

(Robin) #261

Hey Fangs, thanks for this! I RARELY (hardly ever) watch videos or listen to podcasts. But I seem to have found my groove in carnivore and have been not replacing many supplements as they run out. So I watched this one. (Ive never taken C.)

Now I only take K2/D3 (I hear everybody needs this?), potassium, and some magnesium for regularity and help w/sleep.
Am I good now? I feel so good, I am assuming I am. Lol

yea you are good I would think.
I know alot of carnivores who still take that D and seem to do fine.
Potassium and magnesium isn’t one alot of carnivores take ‘for longer into’ this lifestyle. Those are kinda dropped by many when they feel like they wanna drop them cause we do get all that thru our meats ya know but that ‘extra’ D seems to be a contender to hold for alot of zc’ers.

I don’t take anything at all now. I did some mag when I started but dumped it kinda fast and just never required it again.

A few supps ain’t gonna kill anyone :slight_smile: but it is also great when you can get off any supp also ya know.

good add onto this thread—focused on why not to take a calc. supp but has tons of info about calcium and this lifestyle too.

around 50 min. mark he mentions why carnivores avoid sugar of all kinds, mainly it takes very little for addictive reactions to increase the use of sugar in our bodies. little sugar intake from honey or fruit or bites of this or that, within 6 mos. most carnivores are then eating pizza and other crap and off plan.

longer post, but packed with good info in it!

longer chat but great one with Amber!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) pinned #267

Another great for need to know on ZC lifestyle!!

(Bob M) #269

While I personally don’t think people who claim to eat carnivore should be eating honey or fruit, that’s a slippery slope argument. As such, it may or may not be true.

As someone who started LC/keto on 1/1/14, I can tell you that I’ve had the following things, multiple times each:

• beer
  • pizza (real pizza made with wheat)
  • ice cream (real ice cream made with real sugar)
  • other (real) desserts
  • bread (real)
  • chocolate desserts (real)
  • other carbs including french fries, rice, rice noodles

I’m still low carb/keto. Not everyone who eats “off plan” ends up covered in candy wrappers or back to what they ate before.

Will some? Absolutely. Those people know who they are and should avoid eating trigger foods.

But to say that eating honey or fruit means you’re going to end up completely back to where you were is wrong.

(Robin) #270

Well said

95% of the failure rate of people on ‘diets’ who walked backward allowing more food like you listed will tend to disagree with you.

Long term values are key here. Anyone can walk back and bit and yes, like 5% can do it all the time and be fine
again chat up with the 95% failure rate of those that can’t make a year or even fathom they could ever hit any longer
so

I will not pretend ever on what it takes for the majority of people to achieve long term success. I won’t pretend cause the numbers are stacked against those and the numbers show full on truths.

from the net: The diet industry. If dieting really worked you’d only need to do it once. But the US Federal Trade Commission suggests that diets have a 98 percent failure rate, which means big money for the diet industry.

heck they put it at 98% and I thought I was being kind at 95 LOL

blurb from the net: Although the research team drew the conclusion that Weight Watchers was “more effective” than self-help, it doesn’t take a degree in statistics to realize that the diet program failed to produce a lasting significant weight loss. This is the first real clinical proof of what we have been saying all along: diets are not effective as a long-term strategy for weight loss, in part because people regain most or all of the weight they lose. If the scientists had followed their subjects for another three years, we are certain that the weight regain would have been even more dramatic.

If WW worked, WW would be gone by now, it is around and doing well cause it hasn’t given anyone long term success.

-----------there are that ‘tad’ few that can straddle the fine line, but I believe there are not many and those WHO BRAG the most about ‘making it’ might just be back in a year or 2 saying they regained all their weight and OH MY, what happened and then we all get to read their ‘backward horror’ story on how it all happened with ‘just that one extra’ meal they had that didn’t effect them before, but this time bit them in the arse :slight_smile: yea, don’t worry, many of those posts usually come around early January HAHA hmmmmm

great shorter video! real ‘facts’ that hit home with us carnivores!

great video that isn’t just all against Paul S but we learn WHY WE as humans need to be here in this walk toward very very low sugar intake.

(Megan) #274

Brett Lloyd made some great points, despite being a bit over the top and ranty at times.

so agree, his personality is way out there but he also said he dealt with alot of mental issues so I gotta kinda give him a pass HA

shows A TON about each of us. great read, read it again and cement in the why that suits US who need this lifestyle :slight_smile:

Sounds interesting, I skimmed it and read some chapters :slight_smile: So even plants made for animals to eat aren’t so great? Well they are, it’s just not for people making it super sugary and eating all year round
 Reading the fruit parts one would think apples are red
 And fully bright red at that
 It’s good I have apple trees and now it’s not like that though some can be red, I don’t have such ones.

It was a good read until then, I just would like something more about different people. Certain statements are totally not true for many. I understand I can’t expect something not general so it’s not a critique just a wish to learn about differently working people
 But yeah, maybe it’s a tiny critique but it may be me who always loved to focus on special things and the individual cases of my family members.
Once I heard from a physician (me being just lil old me can’t possibly know if it was true, it just sounded believable to me) that gluten alone doesn’t necessarily trigger leaky gut. It is one factor from few required for it. And one factor is individual. Another is stress (of course stress is in everyone’s life but not to the same extent). Okay, I still can agree with the author that just not eating it is safest :smiley: But it’s not always the best option.

Modern people eating all that sugar is tragic though. It’s quite obvious it can’t be good. Even the general belief and recommandations follow that.

And it says the agriculture time brought low-fat. What. Really? For the very very poor, sure, poor souls but I would think wealthier people ate fat as it’s so good :slight_smile: And we need to do something with the fat from our animals (and plants) anyway. It’s not the first time I have this thought but is it possible that many part of the world really ate low-fat? :scream: My anchestors ate high-fat, obviously. They were not wealthy but not poor peasants with pigs and oily seeds and whatnot.
When I’ve heard people came from low-fat to keto, I though it’s the modern cereal times in the West
 And it’s just recommendation and most people surely don’t do that. Look at fast food and grandma food, it’s loaded with fat. People love to eat fat.

The 3 most important grains for half of the food of the planet
 Yeah, the planet is very poor. AND even richer ones pay big money for a little quick baked stuff for breakfast and even lunch, I never understood that. Maybe my tastes never was similar to normal people (and it was too similar if you ask me, I liked nearly all food and ate them galore. except meat. I loved meat and eat very little of it for reasons).

The end is totally off for me. When I went low-carb (not just cutting out sugar, grains and whatever was the third one. I don’t eat soy once in every 5 years so that hasn’t changed), the thought to start to eat meat every month didn’t even cross my mind :smiley: Let alone doing anything meat-based.
That came later. I needed time.

I totally agree with the important of doses so I keep eating all the plants I want (it’s not much. it’s very, very little, usually). I know I can handle them easily. My main effort is NOT eating the ones I DON’T want but feel compelled due to various reasons. That part is stupid. Not hedonistic, not free, absolutely wrong. Shame! And I am a prideful one.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #279

An interesting discussion between Amber O’Hearn and Kelly Hogan. Amber discusses gluconeogenesis, rising glucose after some time on carnivore, and the many uses of fat.

@PaulL. Are you out cruising and sniffin’ around the carnivore scene? Seeing what ya can dig up for us? :wink: :rofl:
nice add, thanks!!