Zero Carb equals new life as you want

ZC gives us so much in that as we hold this plan one thing we realize with time on this plan…we DO NOT ever have to be a ‘dieter’. A ‘dieter’ is controlled to the very core from useless info posted by those nonsense nutrition experts who don’t know squat and then we are told we must starve down and exercise more to ‘achieve’ what a zc person is truly achieving without all the BS of the control or you can’t make it version of ‘dieting’.

Dieting is over for a zc person point blank. IF THE plan is followed but it can take a lot of time as we heal our internal bodies and change the whole picture as a whole, not just pretending we can ‘micro manage’ weight loss on demand. Won’t work that way, yea for some they can
truly control and hold control and they get goals and more, but think of that failure rate. Failure rates don’t lie. I got, I had, I done well…but help I am here again trying to find my spot and how to make it work.

So ZC people we are there but time is required to change internally and with that we must change the mindset in that WHAT the heck do we really want and what steps in life brought you to this plan and how are ya gonna hold it for best benefits and results that take time to achieve?

So it is so deeply personal this plan. I am SO IN LOVE with zero carb in that what I have gotten from it is so superior at all times vs. did I get 3 lb. loss on the scale this week? This week? Who knows the next week LOL We all been there LOL and are so over it.

but us ZC people get it ya know…but we can’t and won’t be able to truly tell others unless they walk the walk personally. Such a hard issue to ‘show’ others but we can…as we get better and better but time is required for all this to happen. Instant gratification is a life normal now and ZC won’t give that sadly as we all wish it would but if we focus on the positives we gain each week vs. the negatives we feel as we change to healthy…then we got a chance to improve and hold plan for more and more and more better we can achieve with this plan.

just some thoughts and I would love to hear the other carnivore thoughts on this :slight_smile: from those doing this plan and holding on to keep the faith on health benefits we get, need, want and more!!!

(Elizabeth ) #2

Yes times a million. Here’s a few 10 plus year carnivores sharing a lot of the same information https://youtu.be/ahPI8Yu0g9Q. https://youtu.be/kDCGHglNSbg. https://youtu.be/R8uudTnce_A

(migorstmarseille) #3

It’s taken me a while to move over, but carnivore has been a game changer.

I have to agree, Fangs. I’ve done both - Keto and Carnivore. Can’t say I was truly zero carb carnivore because I’ve had cheeses, heavy cream, and a few processed meats with nominal carb counts. But, whatever. While in full carnivore mode, hands down - I feel fantastic. The only time I feel any better is when I’m on day of four of an extended fast, and feeling euphoric.

While I am thinking about it, I’d better go grab me some of those grass-fed short ribs in the deep freeze, and get them started in the crock pot. I will need a snacky snack tomorrow!

that is just wonderful and I am happy you are doing great with it. game-changer…means a lot!!

Wow SB that is just fantastic. The plan suits you well obviously :slight_smile: Happy for you!! And grabbing some short ribs…well that is eating too darn good right? HA

I thawed almost 6 pounds of those bad boys last night. Going in the crockpot now. After about 6-8 hours, they will undergo the oven broiler to get some nice crispy edges. Nom Nom NOM! :grin:

jealous, I am jealous cause that is exceptional meal to the max…not one doubt about that LOL

(Davy) #8

How long did it take you Carnivores to experience the big, constant energy? Two months? Three?

for me Davy it was about 5-6 months give or take to get that ‘real feeling’ of like ‘holy wow’ I am now super energized…but then around month 7-8? area I went down over 2 weeks with the most extreme fatigue I ever felt. Could barely function. Could barely keep my eyes open. Just a noodle body. It was so weird and I never knew what it was…just napped like crazy, ate well, just SO tired. And I thought ‘I was feeling so great and had tons of energy, WTH?’ but I just kept going and going and I went to bed and woke up full back with energy…and it was a better energized feeling then the ‘holy wow’ feeling I already had before so it worked out good for me on that point.

everyone will be so different. our bodies will dictate what goes down for us in our healing so…time on this plan is the key to the whole thing. Time on this plan with the commitment to go on all in as a lifestyle and don’t look back.

Never got that tired drained horrible feeling again. Possible detox hit me? toxins released from losing weight and the body released it? My body worked on massive repairing/healing and put its work into that leaving me drained? I have no idea whatsoever but now…wow whole new me and whole new energy for life :wink:

Can’t wait to hear what the others say on their journey. Again, we are different in physical body and environment like working, retired etc…and we are different timelines on our journeys so can’t wait to hear how everyone else is thru zer carb.

(Davy) #10

Any other Carnivores care to answer?

Thanks for the detailed response Fangs. I jumped off the wagon 5 months ago, because I thought I should have hit that energy surge by now, after 2 months. Didn’t go long enough I guess. I had small spurts of this energy, lasting a few hours, then the fatigue for hours. Maybe I was on the verge.
Giving it another go now. Mainly because I want the reoccurring beginnings of arth. pain to go away again, which it did before after 10 days. So Fangs, you’ve been on Carnivore solid for the past 5 months? Tally ho.

total of 5 years.

I was 2 years in and out of zero carb trying for very extreme low carb but I didn’t do well…then I went ‘all in’ with carnivore.

so been full on carnivore for like 3 plus years now. I only eat meat/seafood and some dairy for a long time now. I won’t go back to carb crap ever. No plants for this gal.

My trouble is a lick of this or that…a bite of something…but I never eat anything other than meat and seafood. What I am trying to eliminate is my tastings…the things I wanna keep in my life but know they must go. I am very selective on my spoon licks and more too LOL—before I lick a spoon or take a nibble of something I make sure I very very very well want it and this is what has to go from my life. holding on to tastes, it is not a good thing truly for me and I want it go so that is my challenge to myself. drop the habit of lick or taste or nibble a bite. I am actually doing very well on it once I put my mind to it.

(Elizabeth ) #12

I would say at least a few months for me, I don’t really even remember how sluggish I was before I’ve been over two and a half years carnivore without honestly even a single bite of something. I am a carbohydrate addict so I do not allow myself even one taste. I can’t tolerate eggs or dairy so that’s only meat and seafood. I can tell you I could not go up a flight of stairs without hyperventilating previously, now two or three flights are reasonable. I can get down on the floor and get back up again which I could not do without holding on to something. I know these don’t seem like much but I’m almost 64 years old and they are huge victories to me :slight_smile:

(Davy) #13

A few months. Great job Elizabeth. I’m 65 and noticed in the last 5 months I too have to brace onto something before getting up or stepping down from my truck. So I know what you mean. Am hoping and suspecting that that will go away; for 20 years any way. Got to start lifting some weights and doing pushup, jumping jacks, squats, et.
Wow - only seafood and meat; so no eggs or dairy.

So I need to go probably at least 3 or 4 months. It seems almost like a fairy tale but I believe you guys. So I trudge on, toward this big energy.

(Davy) #14

That’s what I need to do too Fangs. Go all in with Carnivore. I’ve only gone in and out, mostly out, while Keto’ing.
Great job - 5 years! You deserve a shrimp cocktail!

That Fangs is a Carnivore Beast. She scares me.

I love your post E cause it shows the healing power of this way of eating. We gain back what we lost but it takes time to gain back these benefits and being committed to eating this way is so important.

I am the same. My only tastes and a nibble I allow are of certain things cause I am a carb addict truly and if I get the ‘right taste’ of something I can go off the deep end, hence the 2 years of ‘trying’ to go zero carb and I kept getting dragged out til that one day I said enough is enough and dumped everything but meat and seafood…but now that I have that under control, my spoon licks and nibbles are trying to come back…which is what I am tackling now, that habit I need to ditch :slight_smile:

we give each other inspiration for sure!! Your healing is huge and I so get what you are saying, small changes they seem to some but to us the changes we get are stellar for our quality of life from zc.

HA HA ----Fangs is just a 58 yr old gal trying to find the best health as she heads into retirement and ‘doesn’t get too old and decrepit’ on eating crappy ya know HAHA

Fangs is just fangs for chewing my steaks :slight_smile: I am a quite mild mannered, well sometimes LOL

For me truly I feel so much better physically vs. old eating on zc but again, I got time under my belt. As one stays on zc and commits you truly will find so much more…key is to eat tho. Don’t be stingy on the food cause the food your body asks for is what is healing your body also…so eat away Davy :slight_smile:

and yea, shrimp is always on my eating list!! No more cocktail sauce tho cause the last time I put a tiny bit on my shrimp…my tongue went numb. Yup, that horseradish in the cocktail made my tongue numb and my mouth kinda like ‘furry’ ya know…I dumped cocktail sauce from my life. Good old butter or alfredo sauce for dipping my shrimp now :sunny:

(Elizabeth ) #17

I like ice cold shrimp dipped in melted butter, somehow hot shrimp don’t seem to taste as good I think it’s the texture for me

So, I started Keto around the beginning of March (I think) in 2019. In August of 2019, I did a 7 day fast, messed up a little eating a teensy bit of obligatory wedding cake at a family wedding. Came home, fast 24 hours, then started Carnivore for a couple months solid. Felt AMAZING after 3 weeks.

yes I love cold too but luckily I love them hot too LOL

so have beef tenderloins for my morning meat when hungry but tonight hubby wanted T-bones on the grill.

had 2 giant ones I got on sale. Yum. He brought them in the camper and I got my steak knife and started hacking away, using fingers as usual. He said you need a fork? Huh? I kept working on my steak and he said louder, you want a fork? No…no darn fork…get out of my way and leave me alone. Fingers and gnawing the bone is my action…who needs a fork HAHA----he shot me that look of you are an animal and I love it :slight_smile:

dinner was fab…filled up on tbone is a good life for me