Zero Carb equals new life as you want

I’m hoovering around 148 hours fasting, with no set ending time…but steak sounds so good right now!!!
Having a wedding this coming Saturday, with events on Thurs and Fri. So…maybe Ill take this fast for 10 days, then see about some steak. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

love you are getting good results SB!!! Keep getting good results and rock on!!

wow no way I can do 10 days wtihout food…most I ever made was 3 days and I have to say it was miserable! I can’t fast and I just eat daily and love eating LOL but it is wild you guys can do all that fasting. interesting for sure. Enjoy that wedding and be sure to get your hands on any steak ya can :slight_smile:

Well, I’ll tell ya, @Fangs… it is so much easier (for me) fasting after being carnivore. It seems like my body is so well adapted at burning fat that the transition to fasting is really seamless. The best description I can give is to liken the process to losing electricity service to your house, then stumbling around to find the generator switch and flicking it on. Then all is well. The 2-3 days when you feel sorta crappy is the “stumbling around time”. The best coping advice I got included the reminder to drink pickle juice (or olive juice) to keep the salt levels up. And that made it all doable for me. The muscles aches stop, the stomach just doesn’t grumble much. Only twice during these 7 days did I feel the tummy grumbles - and even then - it was very slight.

This current fast all started after I felt like there was a brick in my tummy. I was all bloated, not sure what caused it, but followed m body’s signal to fast. At 6pm tonight, I’ll hit the full 7 day marker. And, I feel amazing. Extending the fast a bit longer, I think, will help to tighten up all the loose skin I’ve got from losing 50+ pounds. Autophagy is another bonus.

I plan to enjoy every.single.minute. of this wedding! Our 4 youngest kids are attending, and 3 are riding down with us. Such a joy to have another family vacation/road trip. (The oldest son and his wife just had their 4th baby, so traveling 1800 mi isn’t an easy feat.) I am SO geeked to see our cousins and spend a few extra days lovin on them!!! Might even get a haircut down there since our hair salons are STILL closed in MI. LOL!

that was a really good post on why it all works for you so well. You explained why ya do what ya do very good…so very personal to each of us :slight_smile: I so get that. Very important. This is why I always say in posts, do you…and don’t copy someone else when entering carnivore cause we all come from different backgrounds, environments, health/healing required and more and are SO different that we can or can’t take on roles such as fast this time, don’t eat, eat way more or whatever. We all must do us in this personal path of zero carb.

great post

and wow you sound super excited on this wedding adventure and it sounds like a big adventure for all…yea the big feat is a lot of time in the car with kids…I so get that and a super good sense of humor has to go along with that trip HAHA

yea get your haircut. luckily around me being very country our stuff opened and our state is easier than some. So I loved my haircut and sure needed it :slight_smile: I say go search one out and treat yourself, not a darn thing wrong with that!!!

loving your post this morning, full of pizz and vinegar and good advice finding what works so well for ya. now pickle juice? hmm, lol but yea I get it HAHA

(Davy) #26

Smart girl! I was merely kidding of course. So I just read something, that being very low carb, like 8-10g per day, won’t do the trick as far as being Carnivore? That that will still make you crave carbs? What do you think of this Fangs?

I was that Davy. I did about 2 years of extreme low carb. Even that 10-12 total carb range would send me to wanting more instantly because I never wanted to eat a friggin’ vegetable. Who needs that crap? Not me LOL

I wanted taters, ice cream, bread and all. So even if that little 10-12 of crap I ate in carbs just made me wanting more and more.

I am truly an abstainer vs. a moderator. I can’t moderate at all. And I am a big eater, so I want to eat ya know. So ZC fixed all those problems for me. I eat monsterous and never gain. I eat when I want and all I want on zc. I get no cravings except when around situations/vacations and more and family timing on food eating all the time throws me off a bit but I can control that kinda, plus then add in I believe the science of low level toxins in veg and I know sugar is out for body health…when it all adds up for me zc is where I thrive. But I tell ya if you can do ‘some carbs’ and not go down the rabbit hole of misery doing just that, then yea do it LOL I mean it is a long term lifestyle healthier eating change we must find to suit us and many can do it with carbs. I can not. The benefits I receive on zc are so noticeable that anything I do kinda icky on zc is seen immediately in my body. Like right now on vacay I am feeling a bit icky drinking a few beers, eating some buffalo chicken wings. The buffalo sauce I gave up but family wanted pizza so I ate a few, scraped off cheese/pepp/bacon/mushrooms from a pizza top and ate that and this morning, I feel like crap from a bit of beer, sauce and icky cheese combo. Not good for me. I feel it bloaty, icky, sicky feeling and real fast so I know me…I am shoring up my zc right now on this trip I am on :slight_smile:

life is hard to maneuver sometimes ya know. but I will track fast back on tight zc for health cause the little I ate so far made me off real fast and I know it, feel it, see it and will correct it. family might get irked ‘their vacay’ eating is following me more than I have to follow them more but tough HAHA they will get over it, I mean heck they are eating crap all day long, a bit of follow Mom now is needed vs. me following them and trying to adapt around it all.
but again, it is what it is, I do me. I always have to remember that, I DO ME and let the chips fall for others as it may and believe me, they ain’t suffering one bit not eating another crap meal this instant ya know from the crap they are eating HAHA I tell ya…ugh…

(Davy) #28

Sounds like good advice, thanks. Be on the lookout for any more liquid bread. Sometimes one has to go through a little hell to get back to heaven. Enjoy your vacation.

haha I hear ya. I got about 14 bottles in the cooler outside the rv right now and I am thinking, do I attack or do I not go near another one. I tell ya beer and me are not friends anymore ever…yet after all these years I laid into a 24 pack and now I am wanting to just ‘party the hell out and say screw it’ on this vacay. I mean, come on ya know…life is every changing and insane if ya ask me. What I didn’t do thru like 5 yrs of vacay is now calling my name. Drink the beer and a lot of it HAHA

omg someone come here and help me please LOL

(Davy) #30

I normally drink about 7 drinks a week, and 2 days ago the sirens were calling me something fierce too…but I resisted.

longer on clean zc you feel everything toxic or extra we do…even if smaller, the bigger times we go there we are way more miserable…nice thing about it is WE KNOW and what are we gonna do about it LOL
thing is it is so personal how we wanna roll ya know…pick and choose and feel the consequences we can and can’t live with I guess :slight_smile: