ZC Plan-Meat & Water only

(Jodi) #41

Day 13 & 14

I’m still feeling good. Don’t really have anything new to add. I do think I need to change up my choices a bit more, but otherwise it’s all good.

Both days I drank plain & bubbly water. I ate large fatty beef steaks & fatty bone in pork chops. Everything is fried in lard with drippings poured over meat before eating. Day 13 I also at a decent serving of beef ribs, seasoned, not sauced.

(Maggie Jones) #42

Hello! This is day 5 for me. Really proud of myself since I’ve been home surrounded by my SO’s carbage. I’ve been recovering from an eye issue for the last few days that prevented me from checking out this forum until today. My progress is great. Bloating and inflamation are just about gone. I am looking forward to returning back to work and continuing ZC. It will fit in so well with my work day. Not worrying how the few carbs I was taking in on LCHF/Keto was wrecking havoc in my system is such a relief beyond the physical.

(nadine1073) #43

Could be the cheese… I get cravings after I eat cheese.

(Maggie Jones) #44

This is Day 8 for me and feeling a bit queasy and not looking forward to my next meal of any kind of meat. I’m eating eggs and plenty of fat with either beef, pork, fish or chicken; drinking coffee, tea and water. No headaches or body aches and feel like I have plenty of energy. Tummy issues are pretty much gone and my weight is stable; hoping to put on some muscle weight. My sleeping is not great (although last night was the best in a while)–I’m almost 52 and am experiencing night sweats that wake me several times a night. Not craving but mentally/emotionally missing a few starchy carbs. Will not give up the fight, though. ZC on!! :muscle:

(roxanna) #45

I get night sweats with ZC too!

(Maggie Jones) #46

Day 10 for me and feeling pretty good. Hot flashes in the last 2 nights have been less intense allowing me to sleep longer (hallelujah!!!). Feeling calmer, too–kinda meh, but in a good way. I was worried I was developing an aversion to beef, but had some today for breakfast with my eggs and it was good. Found myself using a lot less seasoning, too. Loving how this self-experiment is going.

(Maggie Jones) #47

Nice to hear I’m not alone.

(Jodi) #48

Hi! Sorry I’ve been MIA. We are remodeling our main bathroom and it’s DIY all the way. It’s good because it keeps me busy, but it has been keeping me busy!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I only made it to Day 17. I was starting to feel really deprived and bored. I don’t want to restart any bad habits so I decided to start adding in stuff slowly. Physically I felt great, but ugh, it was all mental.

First was coffee, and I’ve only been having a few cups a day. Then I tried cream, and I’ve noticed if I keep the amounts small I seem to tolerate it okay. Then I tried sweeteners, but not individual ones, I almost always use combos.

So far it’s been okay. I don’t feel as great as I did in the beginning, but still much improved from where I started. I’m not sure where I’m going go from here, I think I need to continue to work on some of my mental stumbling blocks. I for sure plan to try to stick as close as I can to ZC most of the time, but allow myself some leeway into Keto at times.

So thanks to everyone that followed along, and best of luck in your journeys!

(What The Fast?!) #49

Hi Jodi! Did you end up losing any weight with ZC?

(Jodi) #50

I did lose weight on ZC. The time period in this thread I believe was around 10lbs. I think most of it was related to inflammation. All of my clothes fit better, but I didn’t size down in anything.

I did ZC initially years ago, when the Zeroing In On Health forum was new and active. I was ZC about a year and saw a huge change sizewise, but people were pretty disbelieving when I told them my weight, my mom straight up called me a liar. Lol.
I am 5’2", was wearing size 0 & 2 and weighed an average of 135. It really taught me how unimportant the scale really is as a tool.:blush:
It did take a period of adjustment, after a few months, it felt like the inches just fell off. I wish I would’ve stayed ZC then.

(What The Fast?!) #51

WHOA! That’s awesome, thanks! I’m REALLY hoping that ZC is what finally works for me. :slight_smile: It’s definitely an adjustment - I feel kind of isolated and I don’t want to discuss it with people because it sounds so crazy. I was fine talking about keto, but telling people I don’t eat vegetables (ESPECIALLY because I spent the first 3 months of this year totally plant-based). I’m also 5’ 2", I’m 146.8 lbs this morning. The # on the scale isn’t as important but I’d like to get my BF down from 31.5% to around 22-24%, which is about 15-20lbs of fat loss.

Today is Day 7 of ZC for me, my weight has gone down a few lbs, but I think I need two weeks to be able to tell if it’s going to stay down. (I lost a few lbs when I first started keto but it came right back.) I’m also tracking measurements, so we’ll see how I do there. I DEFINITELY am way less bloated. I used to get super bloated after every meal that contained vegetables. I’m stoked about that part as wel.

I’m in the ZCH and ZIOH groups on FB but have found that people are extremely dogmatic and unforgiving. This forum is much more supportive.

People sharing their stories, like you’ve just done, is SO helpful to me. Thank you!

(James storie) #52

I’m finding this as well! I don’t really add anything to the discussion there, just read and learn. It’s good when one of the veterans clears up an argument.

(Charndra Pile) #53

Totally agree, my way or the highway, no difference allowed, no fasting either. I even left another group that I liked as there were too many anti-science people attacking!
More discussion here. I also prefer the ‘carnivore’ name.

(Jodi) #54

I’m back on this plan. It’s been a few days already and still dealing with some withdrawals from caffeine and dairy. I’m not measuring or tracking anything this time. I’m not eating eggs or snacking at all this time. I’ll probally mostly just eat beef since I feel the best eating it. I’m in for 90 days and then I’m reassessing. I really believe in ZC and would love to eat that way forever but I need to start here. I’m trying to keep it super simple so I can focus on the other issues I need to.

I finally admitted to myself & everyone else that I’ve been secretly bingeing. I haven’t been dealing with the stress, anxiety and other emotions, I’ve just been numbing myself for awhile…a long while. It was very hard for me to admit it, but oddly freeing once I did. It opened a communication door that I have kept firmly closed to my family/friends.

I’m working through stuff now, and I know this will help with cravings and also my general overall physical feelings. It is just one small step that will help me as I am finally deal with my feelings/stress.

I felt like I had to come here to update. I couldn’t stick to this the last time for this very reason. I was hoping at the time just changing my food would solve my bingeing but obviously, I needed to do more. I knew it deep down, but wasn’t ready to admit it then.

So recently, I started with the Talking, moved to just eating keto foods and now I’m back to ZC and the Talking.:sweat_smile: I know it’s going to be a struggle at times but I’m going to do it.

I’m really grateful for this board where I’ve been able to find tools/info I can use. Everyone here is really nice.:blush:
I am actually scared to post this because I’ve failed myself so many times but part of that fear is what has held me back in the past. I’m in this now, there is no failure, just one step at a time.

(Liz) #55

Hi Jodi…I have a similar story, take heart from your bravery and honesty, they are a great place to start. I am in your corner :grinning::+1:

Jodi,
You are not alone. I too have fallen away from my plan for life, binging and denying that what I was doing was undermining my health and happiness. I am also restarting this week. I am not ZC but rather strict keto and planning 36 hr fast 3x per week to maximize my control and return to healthier status. I applaud you for starting up again and will look forward to reading about your journey.
Best Regards
Red

(Scott Telfer) #57

Well done Jodi, a problem shared :slight_smile: take care

(Jodi) #58

Thanks everyone for the support!:blush::two_hearts:
I’m still dealing with caffeine headaches and sinus congestion.
Caffeine I’m weaning off using caffeine pills as necessary…I think I take 200-300 mg a day, slowly dropping down. I take 100mg at a time and sometimes just forget to take one, which is how it always works for me lol, so I’ll just gradually quit them. I’ve quit coffee before so plenty of experience there. Drinking lots of water because I’m actually feeling thirsty a lot. I don’t like to force water or set an amount to drink.

Sinus is probably dairy related and will take some time I think. Just trying to leave it be for the most part. I was eating a lot of dairy when I was strict keto foods the last few weeks.

Not bingeing has been hard, but I haven’t. I do talk about wanting to do it when the urge arises, that seems help. Mostly just a comment because every urge doesn’t need to be a therapy session. Putting it out in the sunlight takes something away from the allure.

I know throwing myself into a big project would make things easier because I could ignore it, but I’m just choosing to keep a little busier, but normal life stuff. Because that’s the way real life works, and that’s where I struggle.

Just been eating beef. Starting that lose my appetite phase, but just going to keep eating because I know I need to this first while to help keep energy up. I have no plans to intentionally fast at this time. I know I’ll probably naturally get there in time, but there is no hurry for me. Plus, it always is what I want once it’s actually cooked in front of me.:blush:

(Jodi) #59

Still plugging along. Had a family thing with absolutely nothing I could eat and I was completely fine. Didn’t even check out the food, it was not interesting to me at all. Strange, but nice. :blush: i just drank water and visited with as many of family as I could. No one even noticed lol.

Tired, but part of it is the caffeine withdrawal and I’m just napping if possible and taking it easy. Making sure I’m paying attention to electrolytes.
Pretty boring right now.:blush:

(Jodi) #60

Morning here, and I haven’t been sleeping the best. I’m not sure exactly why, but I’m just resting as much as possible because my body feels tired. Very congested when I sleep, I think it might still be dairy related? Not sure how long that kind of thing drags out. It’s only the 5th day since I quit that plus caffeine so I’m not entirely surprised by this. I do have decent energy during the day when I’m working…
Plus dealing with stuff instead of stuffing my feelings down with food is somewhat exhausting sometimes. :grimacing: I am happy with the real feelings of power & control over myself I feel coming back into my life, but I still have work to do. Very different from the pretending of those.
Very little appetite since lunch yesterday. Last two days have been bacon for breakfast & ny strip steak for lunch. Another family thing today with a much smaller group of people. Luckily there will be bacon there if I need it😁