ZC Plan-Meat & Water only

(Jodi) #21

How’s it going for you? Do you have any reason you decided to go ZC? I hope you are seeing some benefits, I certainly am.:slight_smile:

(Jodi) #22

Day 7

I woke up and felt rested. My sleep gets interrupted during the night so that was a nice change. I knew I was still “tired”, that I could use more rest, but I felt alert and clearheaded. I think this is more related to ZC than anything to do with the caffeine issue, but I’m really enjoying it. I was able to quit the last bit of caffeine I was taking.

I was not hungry in the morning. I’m probably going to transition to 2 meals a day at this point or soon. I would like to eventually just have a smaller eating window but we will see. My plan is to follow hunger more than anything right now. It was probably my worst day for cravings, in part I think, because I ran out of bubbly water. I just ignored them, which was not as easy as it sounds :joy:, but I made it through fine.

My energy was steady throughout the day with small bursts of energy here and there. Felt like I had better focus. I did feel a bit colder, not sure if it was weather or diet related. I drank some hot water, threw on a fleece jacket and was fine. I haven’t noticed a difference during the night.

I drank plain water all day. I did take some magnesium, and extra salt during the day. Did not experience any lightheadedness.

Food: 14oz ribeye, 1lb 2oz fatty bone in pork loin chops
2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp lard

In October 2015 my physician diagnosed me with PCOS, systemic yeast, insulin resistance (A1C was 5.6) , and high levels of testosterone. She strongly suggested that I give up my high carb vegan lifestyle for a low carb diet.

One year after transitioning from vegan, to low carb, to keto I lost 3 pounds, shrunk 3 sizes, my testosterone dropped dramatically, but my A1C was 5.7. I have been stuck here for over a year. I feel like my body is fighting against me. My doctor prescribed metformin and strength training and if this does not work she will give me a diet pill. No thank you.

I suspect that carbs are still feeding the yeast and the yeast is disrupting the balance in my body. That’s when I began to wonder if ZC could be the answer. I’m thankful I found your post!

(Genevieve Biggs) #24

Thank you for sharing your journey. I look forward to see what ZC does for you. :grin:

(Jodi) #25

Thanks for sharing! I sure hope ZC helps you. Are you including dairy? I know some people do, I just chose not to for myself at this time.

Thanks Genevieve!

Jodi - I put a little cheese on my ground beef yesterday.

Day 3 for me. I’m having sugar cravings this evening. I guess the yeast is having a tantrum and demanding sugar. I’m not giving in.

(Jodi) #27

Day 8

I woke up tired but awake. I had been up several times during the night, but still felt pretty clearheaded and calm each time I was up. No grogginess at all.

I felt good all day. Good energy, and got a lot of tasks I set out to do accomplished. No real cravings or anything.

I missed my third meal, which wasn’t a huge surprise. I probably would’ve ate it, but I wasn’t home and wouldn’t eat where we stopped to get my hubs a sandwich. My hunger wasn’t really strong, more of a “could eat”. I had more of a mental regret I didn’t eat a bigger lunch than anything. :slight_smile: I’m still thinking about eating quite often, but less than before.

I drank plain water all day.
Food: 13 oz ribeye, 1/2 lb fatty pork loin chop, 2Tbsp lard, 2Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp mayo.

Totally understand that “could eat” but not really hungry. LOL

Day 4 for me and DAY 1 for hubby! :heart_eyes: He asked to join me last night!

(Kel Ta) #29

I was vegan for many years- destroyed my health- it took a long time for tissues to heal and body to adapt… but also check some of Dr. Ted Naiman’s tweets on blood glucose and LCHF… why it might be going up

Awesome! I’m signing up for Twitter now so I can follow him. Thank you!

(Jodi) #31

That’s really great you got your hubs on board! It is so much easier that way I’d think. Mine is pretty resistant to change. The only big change he has been willing to make is drinking more water…2 kidney stones helped there. :unamused:

(Jodi) #32

Day 9

I woke up with a strong sinus headache. I had also slept very deep and through the night without waking. Felt pretty congested and very groggy. Took some ibuprofen and drank some water, felt much better within 30 mins. Last year a doctor told me I have allergies, but not to what or anything other than, take these medications whenever you need them. I’ve never taken them since. I wake up frequently to slight congestion, but not usually that bad.

I felt good the rest of the day, not huge bursts of energy, just a nice steady supply. Not many cravings that I noticed, and hunger felt normal. Mood was good.

Drank plain water all day & 2 cans La Criox.
Food: 1/2 lb bone in fatty pork loin chop, 2/3 lb lean hamburger, 5oz cod loin, 4oz sea bass filet (skin on), 2Tbsp lard, 2Tbsp butter, 3Tbsp mayo

(Jodi) #33

Day 10

Felt good when I woke up. I’m noticing an increase in my mood along with my energy. It’s not really bursts of high energy/mood, more of like a slow steady increase. My hunger and appetite is down.

When I went grocery shopping, I noticed a bunch of “I wants”, as I was shopping. I was pretty surprised at the amount of it. I think I’m just feeling a bit burnt out on my limits and just need to push through it.

I decided to have a “planned snack” during our Walking Dead marathon in the afternoon. I will probably have these occasionally, but not daily, and not out of boredom/eating my feelings.:slight_smile:

I drank plain & bubbly water all day.
I ate 8 thick slices bacon, 1 oz or so plain pork rinds, 4 skin-on chicken thighs.

Glad to hear you are noticing an improvement in mood and energy. Enjoy your WD marathon!

My sugar cravings appear in the evening. I get through them by telling myself it is not my body having the craving but rather the candida. I did have a cup of warm green tea which helped. I think when they appear again I will try bone broth.

I napped quite a bit over the weekend allowing my body to rest and repair. I love the changes I’m beginning to see!

(Maggie Jones) #35

Hello eveyone. Following this tread with great interest. I’ve started ZC (officially) today and am very encouraged by all the posts and comments. I’ve been some form or another LCHF/Keto (with a dash of IF) for a couple of years now and have felt good overall but know I could feel better, especially going into my mid 50’s. For the last couple of days I’ve been restricting my carbs more than usual and already feel loads better (slightly better sleep–less severe hot flashes, little to no muscle soreness in the morning and better elimination).

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I’m so glad you are joining us in the journey. Isn’t it encouraging to feel better already?

(Jodi) #37

Hi! Glad to hear you are seeing improvement! Please share if you’d like as you continue to go further into ZC. :slight_smile:

(Jodi) #38

Day 11 was HARD. I was physically feeling fine but my mood was way down. It wasn’t diet related I don’t think, the date is family significant so I believe it was purely mental/emotional. I didn’t eat very much, although I wanted lots of non ZC foods. I know the usual advice is “eat more meat”, but this was just a case of trying to stuff down emotion with food, so I thought it would be best to do the opposite and just deal with the feelings as best I could in a healthier way.

Drank lots of plain & bubbly water, I ate fatty ribeye that was just over a pound.

Day 12 was much better. I felt great all day, plenty of energy and good mood to get stuff done.

I have not had any digestive issues and sleep has been pretty restful. Mornings are much more productive, I’m really clear headed when I get up, even if I’m tired from outside interruptions to my sleep.

I haven’t been doing daily electrolyte supplements like I had thought I might need to, occasionally I pop a magnesium pill when I think of it. I do liberally salt my food with real salt, so maybe that’s why? I also expected to be drinking ACV daily, and haven’t needed too, or even thought of it much. I usually drink some if I eat to late in the day or if my stomach is churning from my meal…those just don’t seem to be an issue right now.

I drank plain & bubbly water to thirst. I ate just over a pound of fatty beef steak, and just over a pound of fatty bone-in pork chops, both meals cooked in Tbsp or so of lard that I poured over the tops when finished cooking.

Starting day 10 today. Had veggies with my bacon & eggs this morning because I started doxycycline and my doctor said “I know you are low carb but I need you to eat some carbs when you take this. It will cause stomach issues if you don’t”

So I guess that throws me off the ZC diet?

(Jodi) #40

Yes, once you add plants it is no longer ZC.