Your dogs - let's see them

pets

(Virginia ) #162

That is a nice dog and they don’t shed a lot. I couldn’t make up my mind when we went to get Kito and Khaleesi, so I took both…lol

Oh, ok, I had to twist your arm did I? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … But yep, that’s my buddy Kito. He looks more mature with his ears up. And as usual, one of them in laying in my lap every night. But Khaleesi does it the most. … They’re all heavy but think they’re lap dogs. :slight_smile:

(Arlene) #164

We got a Doodle this time around (1/2 poodle & 1/2 golden retriever), and the “NOT SHEDDING” is the best part, for sure! The down side to that is you either have to regularly give him a haircut, or pay someone else to give him a haircut, about every 8 weeks. Wonderful temperment, and no health problems often associated with purebreds.

I think I can handle he occasional haircut. :+1:

Thanks for the info @farmgirl!

(Hoby Bradfield) #166

Here is my 175 lb lap dog… atleast she thinks she’s a lap dog…

This is Maggie, our English Mastiff… doing what she loves, rolling and lounging in the grass…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Roxanne) #168

A couple of dogs ago, I got a golden doodle instead of our regular golden retriever because I was tired of the shedding. Turns out the poodle type coat can be a major pain in the behind to maintain…it matts up easily and is velcro for every spec of dirt…and the burrs!!! We have to shave him nekkid during burr season, while our golden retriever is much easier to maintain!

(Ellen) #169

Bet she keeps you nice & warm when she’s sat on you :grin:

(Hoby Bradfield) #170

Warm, yes… but that warmth comes with a cost… see “Turner and Hooch” for examples… :sweat_drops:

Thanks, @roxanne! I’ll have to keep that in mind. :+1:

(Candy Lind) #172

I’m here for a cheer-up; I lost Makensie today. :sob: :sob: :sob: Would love to see some fresh pics if you’ve got any.

So sorry, Candy. :cry:

(Candy Lind) #174

Thanks. She was in a lot of pain (spurs on neck & upper back vertebrae), so I had to make that hard decision. It’ll be a tough few days, but I’m at peace with it.

(Ashley) #175

I’m so sorry candy, hugs to you and your husband!

(Ashley) #176

here’s a few of my pups over the last week!

Chewbacca and Leah.

We currently have two dogs, and used to have another dog who sadly passed away from cancer two years ago.

Lucky (Toy Poodle)

Lucky moved with us from China to the US 6 years ago, he’s roughly a few months over that in terms of his own age. In our household he acts more like a cat than a dog.

Bobo (Labrador)

Bobo is a recent addition to our family, a six-month-old Labrador. She acts like she sneaks in a can of Red Bull every 5 minutes whenever we’re not looking. It’s great fun bringing her to dog parks.

Kobi (Border Collie)

Kobi was our Border Collie who sadly passed away two years ago from some rather aggressive cancer. He moved with Lucky from China to the US, we had him for about three years in China before moving. Not only was he super energetic (perhaps slightly beating out Bobo) but he was extremely intelligent as well, and very emotionally-aware. I miss him all the time and have a lot of fun memories.

(Susan) #179

My Cavalier puppy Louis - 6 months old and so cheeky!

(Deborah ) #181

I’m so sorry and I do feel your pain. Losing a beloved pet is so difficult and painful, but the love and joy they give is worth so much more. I hope you will honor her legacy and bring another pet into your life. :tulip::heart: