Your dogs - let's see them

pets

(Ashley) #1051

This is happy news to hear, sounds like he’s slowly on the mend! I am hoping for the happy news he’s out getting walks and happier times ahead for him! Knowing you he has a lot of chews to keep him mentally stimulated! :heart:

(Allie) #1052

Here’s my little man sitting nicely in the car :grinning:

(Ashley) #1053

What a good big boy lol! He’s too cute. And he’s still growing gosh! I love the bandana! :heart:

(Jane) #1054

I just ordered a canine DNA test for Ella from chewy.com. Will post the results in another month when I get the results along with a recent pic.

Should be fun to find out some of the genetics in my mixed mutt! :smiley:

She is the most protective dog I’ve ever had - more so of me than my husband. If he is working outside she will eventually come inside to be with me. If I am working outside she won’t leave me no matter how long I stay outside.

(Ashley) #1055

I’d love to know what my zero is mixed with, I know he’s border collie, pretty sure he’s springer spaniel too, but wonder what else. My little one Luna would be interesting too, she’s a mix of some sort too, i think part chihuahua but I could be wrong!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1056

147229576_4412071342141585_2449793999420338212_n%20(1)

(Allie) #1057

Weighing in at 43.4kg and deciding he wanted to ride home in the front seat… image resizing on here always makes them sideways :pensive:

(Jane) #1058

Wow. 95 lbs!

He always looks so calm. I have no idea how much Ella weighs because she gets so amped up going to the vet she won’t be still on the platform scale long enough for it to register. It bounced up to 80-something lbs once but could have been her wiggling.

(Allie) #1059

He is usually calm but when the mood takes him, it’s a lot of dog to leap around :joy: we go to a park store to weigh in and they keep a chart of his progress for me.

Today I’m sure he’s taller than yesterday :joy:

(Allie) #1060

Here’s my baby today, showing off the new collar I had to get him to fit his 21” neck. This morning, at seven months old, Bertie weighed in at 44.7kg so he is still growing crazy fast. But, in the last few days, we have really turned a corner in his recovery :grinning: He’s in lots less pain now and managing to walk more. Still restricted, limited to very slow walks for short distances as it seems to be the walking speed rather than the distance that sets him back. Hard for me as I tend to go at 100mph everywhere, but I’ll do whatever my baby needs me to do to help his recovery :heart:

(Allie) #1061

My baby, eight months old.

We have turned a real corner in his recovery now, as you can see. This morning was the first time Bertie was able to go off the lead after his surgery and he absolutely LOVED it! He only had a few mins running around but we had to walk home afterwards and he didn’t struggle at all, in fact he seemed really energised and has been happy end full of bounce all day :heart:

(Jane) #1062

Finally got her on the scale at the vets - 90 lbs.

Her DNA results were: 39% Great Pyrenees, 28% Pit Bull, 22% Black Lab, 11% Golden Retriever.

Mom was mostly Great Pyrenees and some Golden Retriever. Dad was half pit, half black lab.

She has a rose bush that didn’t survive the winter.

(Allie) #1063

Bertie likes gardening too, but tends to pull them up while they’re still growing :flushed:

(Ashley) #1064

I am so glad to hear he’s doing much better :heart::heart::heart:

(Ashley) #1065

She’s turned into a big girl! Very pretty!

Glad to hear he’s getting better. … Didn’t see this thread for a while, so wasn’t aware. I know how dealing with pup’s issues can be taxing. My older girl, Shelby is dealing with some issues and has been for a while now. 3 ACL surgeries have taken their toll, and her coming up on 11 yrs. old, isn’t helping. But she arthritis before the surgeries took place, and the Doctor actually cleaned some of that up while he was in there as well. But the time down and not exercising also didn’t help, but she didn’t have much choice. … She was 101 lbs., but hopefully she’s dropped some of that since I’ve had her and her sister, Khaleesi, on the Hills dog food for a while now. (Khaleesi was 94 lbs. so I give it to both. But at $90+ per bag, I just hope it really helps them both, even though neither one appears overweight by their looks.

(Heather Meyer) #1067

Everyone…meet Miss Maggie-May! She’s my 12 week 1/2 English Cream 1/2 American Golden Retreiver puppy girl. I am in love :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
After 2 years of losing Cadie, my chocolate Lab, i now have Maggie and my heart is full! And my feet are sore! She is a handfull! More tenacious and fiesty then my last pup and needs lots of walking and exercise! I thinkthe term they are using is “Pandemic Puppy” but I have NO intent of ever giving this girl away when life “normalizes”. She is my forever girl!

So far… we have mastered Potty Bells and are fully housebroken. We know

-Sit
-Lie down
-Calm/Settle
-Drop it (not our favorite…she wants everything in her mouth)
-Leave it (shes not a fan and would rather not)
-Come (our recall off leash is 100ft so far)
-Look at me
-Stay (still needs dramatic improvement)

We are working on loose leash training now and heeling as well. She learns quickly but I swear she has selective hearing! She loves kids and thinks a playground to greet kids is the best thing in the world. We love the shower and love to try jumping into it when I am showering and we love baths too. She isnt sure about the ocean but walked right into rivers and lakes. She loves to dig in the sand anywhere she is and her idea of fun is to roll around on her back in the sand at the beach and let out a playful groany growl. She isnt sure what she thinks about our Canadian Geese and she just recently tried to introduce herself to a Bee. I got her away before her little snoot went for it.

Vet said she is as healthy as a horse except they thimk she is a little under the small-normal weight range for her weight. This girl isnt highly driven by food. She likes me to hand feed her breakfast kibble piece by piece until she realizes she is actually hungry and then she hoovers it. Her favorite food thus far is a tie between sliced apple, frozen carrots, frozen raspberries, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries and Peanut Butter. Sadly, she didnt like my bacon :frowning: More for me I guess.

She is beautiful!:heart:

(Allie) #1069

Awww she so pretty!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Polly) #1070

What a sweetie!