young female with no priod for nearly decade ` still cannot feel good after one year of carnivore

(Y Z) #41

thank you so much, Sunshine. your message itself is reliefing and encouraging.

i have watched the recommended link and gained a lot of new information.

but one thing, i am curious, with a carnivore diet, am not I automatically avoiding oxlates as much as possible ?

And, the easiest thing, as you suggest, is to indeed, educate mysekf with possible causes and symptoms and hold on to carnivore?

how about meal frequencies ? what do you eat? and how do you feel during your carnivore journey?! excited to learn your story [cheers]

(Rossi Luo) #42

Your BMI sound quite good, like PauIL said, we believe your shape must look good, so you don’t need to worry about your weight, perhaps you can share some of your photos here if you don’t mind, I believe you will get confidence here by posting your photos.

I am an Asian as well, actually Im a Chinese. And I am also doing OMAD almost 5 days a week, and I found that doing OMAD made me feel bad sometimes especially after 1:00 PM. So if you feel bad on OMAD, I suggest you to stop it, if you dont want to stop, then I suggest you to supplement electrolytes during OMAD and reduce water intake during OMAD, it helped me feel better during OMAD. You can read my posts about my bad feelings on OMAD (including shortness of breath)

And I believe OMAD is the cause making you feel bad, you can try to continue carnivore but without OMAD, it might help you.

Furthermore, from your typical foods intake, I can know that you don’t eat dairy foods, that means you are almost 0 carbs. And as I know, many women including my wife cant feel good with 0 carbs, especially for us Asians. My wife was doing low carb as well, and she was doing very well, but 0 carbs made her feel bad, she still eats fruits sometimes, and her weights maintained quite well. Why don’t you try to add some carbs back to your diet?

(Edith) #43

Yes, that is true, but when you stop eating oxalate containing foods, your body starts to purge all the oxalate it has stored up over the years. It is called oxalate dumping and can be painful and uncomfortable. It can even be debilitating for some people.

I would research the symptoms of oxalate dumping and see if any of them match what you are experiencing.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #44

Yes you are, and that may be a problem, depending on how much oxalate you have stored in your tissues. If your body starts dumping oxalates too fast, it can damage tissues, in particular the kidneys. To control the rate of oxalate dumping, a low dose of foods that contain oxalates may be necessary. Sally K. Norton has information about how to keep oxalate dumping at a comfortable rate on her Web site.

(jr bob dobbs) #45

Get a complete (not a typical, a COMPLETE) metabolic blood panel done, with emphasis on hormone levels and thyroid function.

(Y Z) #46

my health report after 6+ months of carnivore

(Edith) #47

These to me sound like symptoms of thyroid trouble:
Hypothyroidism (underactive) symptoms may include:

• Tiredness.
  • More sensitivity to cold.
  • Constipation.
  • Dry skin.
  • Weight gain.
  • Puffy face.
  • Hoarse voice.
  • Coarse hair and skin.
  • Muscle weakness.
  • Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness.
  • Menstrual cycles that are heavier than usual or irregular.
  • Thinning hair.
  • Slowed heart rate, also called bradycardia.
  • Depression.
  • Memory problems.

I would get your thyroid checked out.

Also, it is possible that OMAD is stressing your body. Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I read it, but someone was mentioning that due to our hormones and child bearing needs (at your age you are in the prime of child bearing age) women’s bodies find fasting and intermittent fasting very stressful. By eating one meal a day, you are telling your body that you are in a famine and that your are not getting enough food so it is shutting down your hormones. Plus, with all the exercise and the OMAD, you may be putting on even extra stress. I really think you should try getting in a least one extra meal a day.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #48

I’m not sure what he bases this on, but Dr. Anthony Chaffee, who is a carnivore himself, says that insufficient fat in the diet can affect thyroid function. Might be something to look into, at any rate.

(Y Z) #49

fair enough. i really need to make the efforts to decrease my stress, which includes exercise, and eat. But, as a sequel of decade-long eating-disorders, the act of eating of even thinking-about food makes me stressed. that is part of the very reason I try to compress as much as possible my eating window.

(Michael) #50

As @toucansam and @VirginiaEdie mentioned, seems like thyroid issue to me as well. Get your T3, T4 and reverse T3 checked as well as your testosterone and progesterone along with estrogen as well.

(Myth Buster ) #51

Ashwagandha