You know you're fasting when

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

You spend an enormous amount of time checking out the flavored salts at the store, since shopping for food is not happening. Lol

The applewood, cherrywood, and merlot salt were $9.50 each. The Chardonnay salt was $17.99. The black truffle salt was $23.99, and the white truffle salt was $25.99.
I finally settled on the cherrywood.

From the options I think I would’ve picked Cherrywood or the Merlot.

Okay… you settled on Cherrywood, but did you like it? Did you mix it in with your Ketoaid or go cavegirl and just eat it from the container? :wink:

More importantly, what did Floyd :floyd: think?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Yep.

The cherrywood tastes noice.
I wanted to buy the merlot, but was afraid it might be sweet. I’ll try the merlot when NOT fasting. :zornface:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

I have another one:

You know you’re fasting when:

Every few days you have to take your belt in another notch.

(Ashley Haddock) #5

I might have snorted at the original post. :joy: Also, I had no idea there were fancy salts. I need to get out more.

You know you are fasting when:

You get twice the amount of work done because you aren’t spending anytime buying, preparing or eating food. Oh yeah…and no pots and pans to scrub!

(Mike) #7

You know you’re fasting when you fantasise about how a freshly brewed coffee smells 24/7

You know you are fasting when

(Cathy Schroder) #9

For all my fellow Australians out there, I have bought several nice salts from this shop in Melbourne:

They also have a stall in the deli hall at the Vic market. My favourite one so far is the Smoked Yakima Applewood Salt.

(David) #10

I really need to give fasting a go.

(David) #11

Hah, that was me when I got on the scales this morning, and one set of scales said I hadn’t lost anything, and my new set of scales said I had gone UP.

(Karen Fricke) #12

You know you’re fasting when you haven’t run the dishwasher in several days, and it’s still less than half full------but it’s starting to smell, so you run it anyway.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #13

You know you’re fasting when:
The liver and chicken or turkey and giblets Fancy Feast starts to smell good when you warm it up in the microwave for your VERY SPOILED CAT :floyd:

^^VERY SPOILED CAT! This is FLOYD :floyd:

(Cathie Condon) #14

You know your fasting when your driving home and start planning dinner. Then remember your fasting. Then curse and miss the whole food business.

For a second there I had a “Where’s Floyd” moment.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

You know you’re fasting when you’re jealous of your kitty’s twice a day meaty meal. Then he naps. Floyd. Spoiled. Rotten. :floyd:

(David) #17

Is he keto? My kitty is getting a bit overfed :frowning2: I was thinking of putting her on keto too. Not sure she needs more energy though.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

He is not, but I am slowly moving toward more meat, maybe all meat. Maybe even raw meat eventually…
He used to get only dry, but that is wrong I know because of the grain. WTF. Carnivores aren’t supposed to eat grain!! No wonder our pets become obese and develop diabetes with age.

Wait. That sounds familiar!!!
I found two flavors of Fancy Feast canned cat food that are all meat. Many canned cat foods have grain. He gets one can a day. Also eats some prescription dry, but not much (I pay $30 for a 6 lb bag! O_O He developed urinary crystals that caused a blockage 4 years ago)

(Roxanne) #19

My Felix LOVED raw meat (he was also an excellent mouser, and ate those raw of course). He used to get kibble, but we switched him to quality canned when he could no longer tolerate dried food. His markings were similar to Floyd’s, and I enjoy seeing him in your posts!

(Mike W.) #20

We get our truffle salt from Costco. It has real bits of truffle (or so they say). It’s very good though on veggies though.