WTF Kerrygold!

(Jane) #21

My own homemade from raw goats milk but will settle for any high-fat European butter

I reckon the green depression glass butter dishes are groovy.

Cure one’s own depression over mixing Kerrygold butter with rape.

Why didn’t they go for an olive oil blend? Probably wrong latitude and wrong price bracket.

I get the local butter made from the local dairy cows. Especially buying up a bit extra at the end of spring because it is full of pasture fed nutrients. Support your local farmers, I think.

(Polly) #24

The one driving my blood pressure up at the moment is this one in the butter section of my usual supermarket.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/naturli-vegan-block-organic-200g

Along with the “sausages” which are nothing of the sort but sold alongside the real thing.

(Alex ) #25

I’m actually not a fan of the taste of Kerrygold if I’m being absolutely honest, and I believe the claims about the ‘grass fed’ cattle is a load of marketing smoke and mirrors.

For me here in the UK it’s Lurpak all the way, and occasionally Lurpak clarified into ghee !

(bulkbiker) #26

They have been selling it here in the UK for decades.
Every large butter manufacturer (apart from the boutique French makes) has a “spreadable” version and they all contain seed oils.

(bulkbiker) #27

Lurpack do a spreadable too… mmm rapeseed oil

(AMANDA Casey) #28

I’m Irish and we don’t have that here, might be something created for the overseas market.

Eh, it’s good but I wouldn’t say the best. It rotates through my fridge a lot but I’ve been buying Finlandia and Anchor a lot and I (think) I like them both better. Mainly the Finlandia because I can get it in bulk packs from my wholesale club. Sometimes it’s hard to tell but in other things the other two seem creamier. I used to notice the differences more when I used to put it in coffee.

I bought Finlandia for a while cause it is cheaper than Kerry around my area but I have to say I got like no taste from it at all…strange one but that is how it fell for me on that product.

oh and its smoke point and burn factor seemed worse than my Kerry.
I flash fry very high heat my steaks cause I eat blue rare and Finlandia seems like it didn’t do as well in my pan.

HAH! Tell me you can’t also imagine that being in the super hippie section also being sold as either a moisturizer or a shampoo!

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #32

rapeseed = Canola

(Jane) #33

I’ve occasionally found Lurpak here in the US snd it was very good.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #34

Canola = “Canadian oil, low-acid” according to my dictionary. As mentioned, it is a strain of rape. The acid referred to is apparently erucic acid (again, according to the dictionary).

my mom bought and loved ‘Parkay’ product. I ate alot of that crap LOL

(Troy) #36

93B61A79-9188-4EB0-87E0-C8252E3ABA78
+1

Don’t forget about me peeps :sweat_smile:

YUP! In the little cups with handles, that’s all we had!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #38

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #39

It took a marketing genius to figure out calling something Rape Oil, or Rapeseed Oil, was not going well with the likely intended target consumer.

(linda) #40

WOW! How awesome :slight_smile: